01-29-11, 09:04 AM   #1
rich121070
A Kobold Labourer
Map

First let me say, I've used this addon almost two years and was a proud donator to it prior to the lock down. I love it.

I have what may be a nub question, but it's regarding the map. I usually run the WOW mini map and Carbonite mini map and for awhile now on certain characters I'm not seeing the Carbonite version at all and cannot figure out how to get it to pop up. I'm sure it's something simple, but I've looked and just can't figure it out. I haven't changed any settings by character so I'm not sure why on one it would be there and on another it would not.

Any help?

02-02-11, 03:29 AM   #2
Wyldhunt
A Fallenroot Satyr
I'm not at my WoW PC right now, so I can't look through the options or anything. I think that there's an option somewhere to reset everything to default.
You can also try logging in with one of the broken characters and typing:
/carb resetwin
That should reset your window settings for that character.

If that doesn't work, try this:

Go into your WoW\WTF\Account\<<Name>>\SavedVariables folder.
You should have one for each character (The <<Name>> part, above)
See if you have any files that are named anything having to do with Carbonite in the folders for the non-working characters. If you do, delete them. Carb will re-create them with the default settings next time you log in with that character.

I advise making backups of anything you delete, just in case you accidentally delete your node location database or something.

Last edited by Wyldhunt : 02-02-11 at 03:33 AM.

02-02-11, 08:42 AM   #3
Chmee
A Molten Giant
There is a checkbox in the options list that sets cmd-M (on a Mac, probably opt-M on a PC) to close the map instead of toggling between maximized and minimized. That should be unchecked, I think, to make sure the keybind toggles the map.

You may have accidentally set the checkbox, or your saved variables file may think you set it. If that doesn't work, the /carb resetwin or deleting the saved variables files as mentioned above will probably fix it.

02-02-11, 10:54 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The specific option you want to look for is on the "Map" page of Carbonites' options, and is "Hide maximized map when ESC or map toggle (M) key pressed" (sixth option on the page). Make sure that option is unchecked on the character's you are having trouble with.

If that option is unchecked on those characters, try left clicking the Carbonite minimap icon. That should make the Carbonite minimized map appear.

There are also options for Carbonite key bindings listed in the default key binding interface ("esc" > Key Bindings > scroll down to the Carbonite heading) and I think one of those can do the same thing. However you must actually choose to set those key bindings. They can't be accidentally set.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 02-02-11 at 10:57 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Map