07-06-11, 03:49 PM   #21
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Verttex View Post
Very nice review, may add to the final post. :P

Currently many people do suffer from high memory useage from Clique. It really all depends on the computer its on.
I'm the author of Clique. I've been the author of Clique from the day it was released. I have never once, in the entirety of the time that Clique has existed, had a single complaint about the memory usage of Clique. As the author, I would be interested in a single report you have from a single user, so I can work to address any shortcomings that might exist in the addon.

Also, the notion that high memory usage depends on the computer is a bit absurd. The effect that memory usage might have on an individual certainly can be affected by that (minimally, and I actually have done the research), but Clique is going to take no more memory on those machines than on any other. Furthermore, you'd be hard pressed to find a single unit frame addon that uses anywhere near as little memory as Clique uses. So consider Healbot, which is working on top of the default unit frames, as opposed to Clique that works with it. It's a non-issue, and its silly to include it.

Well currently it runs for around 2MiB for me with LUI at 7MiB
Please provide some information, or at the very least a screenshot indicating that this is the case. Then do

/run collectgarbage("collect"); collectgarbage("collect")

And screenshot again. I'm happy to look into any issues, if you do the bare minimum and actually tell me about it =)

Thanks for a nice post.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
07-06-11, 06:52 PM   #22
Tithulta
A Black Drake

Clique? High Memory????! hogwash

Just wanted to state I've ran Clique for ...gosh...i dunno a year or more for sure... Before 4.2 I was using about 128mb worth of addons. I Watch my top 15 memory users to see who is guilty so i can turn them off when i raid if at all possible.

I've never seen clique on my top 15 memory users.
07-06-11, 07:16 PM   #23
Verttex
Super Monkey

Ok. I have found the problem. I edited Clique back in 4.0 to work and it totally screwed up my memory usage
07-06-11, 09:16 PM   #24
Verttex
Super Monkey

Added Decursive review.
07-07-11, 12:01 AM   #25
aceman67
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Verttex
Healbot
Verttex's Thoughts:
After awhile of using it, you figure out you need something MORE featured.
I couldn't disagree with you more.

I've been using this addon for well over 3 years and I've tried other similar addons and my Healing through-put plummeted and people died, My GM even said once "Your not using heal-bot, are you?". No other addon as allowed me to come with in a Country Mile of my performance I can dish out with Heal-Bot.

I've never had any of the issues you mentioned with Healbot, as I keep a pretty simple set up (one of the default layouts modified for size and colors, nothing else changed).

The only problem I do have with it is getting it to use Rebirth on dead party members in combat, but thats a small gripe as I'm pretty good at getting one off in seconds of people dying anyways.

It has everything I need: Something that displays health, a way to apply my various tools of the trade, my HoTs, threat levels (for pro-active healing), Raid Markers (for use with DBM) and what ever debuff I can remove. What more could you ask for?

Last edited by aceman67 : 07-07-11 at 12:23 AM.
07-07-11, 01:08 AM   #26
Unkn
Premium Member

If you are talking about cooldown mods and things of that sort, this thread is going to get very long for healers.

Everyone has their own set up. I tend to run with the same 3 basic addons for everyone of my classes, with them all configured for the different toons and rolls specs.

Like the cooldown watching... ForteExorcist, Cooline, Sexycooldowns... all with basic same concept with slightly different end effects.

I use Sexycooldowns + Eventhorizon to keep track of things, along with PowerAuras to watch procs and where certain spells are ... ie Lifebloom, PoM, Earth Shield.

I've always found my healing UIs to be way more extensive than when I'm playing any other roll. I do need to try decursive tho, I've never played with it. Just mouseover and click for the dispell.
07-07-11, 01:26 PM   #27
Verttex
Super Monkey

Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
I couldn't disagree with you more.

I've been using this addon for well over 3 years and I've tried other similar addons and my Healing through-put plummeted and people died, My GM even said once "Your not using heal-bot, are you?". No other addon as allowed me to come with in a Country Mile of my performance I can dish out with Heal-Bot.

I've never had any of the issues you mentioned with Healbot, as I keep a pretty simple set up (one of the default layouts modified for size and colors, nothing else changed).

The only problem I do have with it is getting it to use Rebirth on dead party members in combat, but thats a small gripe as I'm pretty good at getting one off in seconds of people dying anyways.

It has everything I need: Something that displays health, a way to apply my various tools of the trade, my HoTs, threat levels (for pro-active healing), Raid Markers (for use with DBM) and what ever debuff I can remove. What more could you ask for?
/cast [@mouseover] Rebirth

Originally Posted by Unkn View Post
If you are talking about cooldown mods and things of that sort, this thread is going to get very long for healers.

Everyone has their own set up. I tend to run with the same 3 basic addons for everyone of my classes, with them all configured for the different toons and rolls specs.

Like the cooldown watching... ForteExorcist, Cooline, Sexycooldowns... all with basic same concept with slightly different end effects.

I use Sexycooldowns + Eventhorizon to keep track of things, along with PowerAuras to watch procs and where certain spells are ... ie Lifebloom, PoM, Earth Shield.

I've always found my healing UIs to be way more extensive than when I'm playing any other roll. I do need to try decursive tho, I've never played with it. Just mouseover and click for the dispell.
I am thinking of making seperate threads for each.
07-08-11, 01:52 PM   #28
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Cladhaire View Post
Also, I'd like to dispute the fact that Clique has high memory usage. I get a whopping 158KiB with everything (including the GUI) loaded, none of which impacts the game at all. With 45 bindings and a lot of caching to make things quicker when changing binding-sets, it weighs in at about 200KiB, almost all of that strings. Perhaps you'd like to explain why that's a problem or even falls CLOSE to the memory usage of the other addons you've listed?

Since you quoted me, it appears that you are replying to me. I never said any of that about Clique. In fact, my statement meant the opposite. I use your addon and have never seen it use much memory at all.
07-08-11, 02:06 PM   #29
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Currently many people do suffer from high memory useage from Clique. It really all depends on the computer its on.

/sigh

No one "suffers" from high memory usage. The only time there is an issue is if the CPU cycles are crazy or if there is a memory leak, and Clique does not have either of those problems. It's been said millions of times... never judge an addons worth by the amount of memory it uses. Memory usage says absolutely nothing about the performance of an addon.
07-08-11, 02:06 PM   #30
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I know, I just honestly couldn't be bothered to dig through a quote of his entire post to find that bit again, sorry I should have changed the name. I definitely saw what you said, and appreciatd it!
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
07-08-11, 05:58 PM   #31
Clyde_Mobster
A Murloc Raider
1 vote for moving this thread

Guess i'll start out with 'kudos for trying?' ...but this thread is neither a guide nor helpful info. It's a very one sided opinion about a couple of mods for healing and some other stuff thrown in for flavor. This is general wow chat at best, and should be moved & or deleted. This is a mockery to most of those addon authors and am surprised it has lasted this long.

This is not a flame, it's a WARNING to anyone who has read it thinking to receive good advice on some healing addons: Disregard everything he's said, try the mods for yourself find out which you like.

Just for kicks though, "...currently it runs for around 2MiB for me..." MiB = Milobyte?
07-08-11, 06:02 PM   #32
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Clyde_Mobster View Post
Just for kicks though, "...currently it runs for around 2MiB for me..." MiB = Milobyte?
MiB = Mebibyte, the binary version of a megabyte (2^20 or 1048576).
07-08-11, 08:07 PM   #33
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
@Clyde_Mobster:
I moved this thread to its current forum. (I forget where Verttex had placed it originally.) While his post is his opinion, he was still attempting to provide a guide to some addons in order to give helpful information to other healers. The post does not need to pass a review board to be approved for this section.

If Verttex chooses to revise his original OP to account for the discussion contained in this thread thus far, that is up to him. Though, most of what has been posted in this thread have been opinions.

Keep it civil folks, and remember that this section of the forums is here to help spread information. That includes sharing what you have learned with other players to help better their experience - whether it be your opinion or pure, unbiased fact.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-11-11, 07:55 AM   #34
Verttex
Super Monkey

Sorry guys for not updating the guide. I will ASAP. But currently I am in the black hole of internet connectivity. Meaning that posting this took about (edit 4) times. I also did not bring my computer which I game on with, so no games here. I will change the part abouy the memory usage because as you can see there are several posts above me that say to do so. I am currently typing this on my android epic and my fingers are starting to hurt so yea.

Toodles,
Verttex
07-24-11, 03:16 AM   #35
Verttex
Super Monkey

Sorry guys for not updating the guide. I will ASAP. But currently I am in the black hole of internet connectivity. Meaning that posting this took about (edit 4) times. I also did not bring my computer which I game on with, so no games here. I will change the part abouy the memory usage because as you can see there are several posts above me that say to do so. I am currently typing this on my android epic and my fingers are starting to hurt so yea.

Toodles,
Verttex
Still haven't updated, so sorry. I was meaning too but it has fallen from number 5 on my todo to number 70. Eh. Anyway, I am taking any reviews on anything to add, just pm.
07-24-11, 07:21 AM   #36
ballagarba
A Fallenroot Satyr

Might want to take a look at Aptechka. It's a bit towards the advanced user since it doesn't have an in-game config, but is highly configurable. Probably one of the most memory and cpu efficient raid frames out there.

Last edited by ballagarba : 07-24-11 at 02:59 PM.
10-05-11, 05:33 PM   #37
Verttex
Super Monkey

Originally Posted by ballagarba View Post
Might want to take a look at Aptechka. It's a bit towards the advanced user since it doesn't have an in-game config, but is highly configurable. Probably one of the most memory and cpu efficient raid frames out there.
Not a big fan of lua-editing addons. I have used it before though. I do like it but it still needs some work.
10-28-11, 03:14 PM   #38
Verttex
Super Monkey

Quick Update On This Thread, Need Addons To Review, Post Here Please

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Gameplay » Healing: Addon Reviews