11-18-10, 06:15 AM   #1
Ailae
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Library to make configs

Hi.

Are there any "libraries" to speed up making config-windows? Besides using Ace3 that is. Not bashing on Ace3, just curious if there's anything smaller if one doesn't need the whole shebang.

I saw LibSimpleOptions over at Wowace, but hasn't been updated for a very long time so a bit anxious to use it. I've seen tekKonfig as well, but no official source for it besides taking it from one of Tekkubs addons. And he might not even allow others to use for all I know.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
11-18-10, 06:25 AM   #2
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
From using addons and writing some I would suggest you to have another look at Ace3 All other solutions are limited imo.

And you dont need to use ALL Ace3 libs. You can just pick those you need.
You can use AceConfig even when your addon is not an Ace3 one.
11-18-10, 06:51 AM   #3
jaliborc
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Tekkub shouldn't mind at all. Why don't you try to send him a PM?
11-18-10, 12:46 PM   #4
Ailae

Originally Posted by Rilgamon View Post
From using addons and writing some I would suggest you to have another look at Ace3 All other solutions are limited imo.

And you dont need to use ALL Ace3 libs. You can just pick those you need.
You can use AceConfig even when your addon is not an Ace3 one.
Yeah, I know I don't have to use them all. I've done some stuff with them and it really makes ones life a lot easier. Just wanted to see what other options (no pun intended) there were.

Originally Posted by jaliborc View Post
Tekkub shouldn't mind at all. Why don't you try to send him a PM?
Aye, I'll do that, can't hurt to ask at least. If anything, I believe there's this huge pond between us so can't get to me!
11-18-10, 12:57 PM   #5
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

I've been using Portfolio, for the sole reason that I did not have a use for any other Ace3 features.

You should check it out, at the least: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Portfolio.html

Although it hasn't been updated in a bit, it still works perfect. It does come as a standalone lib, but I had no trouble embedding it into my own AddOns.

If you need any assistance with it (learning the syntax and stuff), just let me know
11-18-10, 06:49 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You can download tekKonfig from Tek's github page.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-18-10, 07:20 PM   #7
Ailae

Originally Posted by Cralor View Post
I've been using Portfolio, for the sole reason that I did not have a use for any other Ace3 features.

You should check it out, at the least: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Portfolio.html

Although it hasn't been updated in a bit, it still works perfect. It does come as a standalone lib, but I had no trouble embedding it into my own AddOns.

If you need any assistance with it (learning the syntax and stuff), just let me know
Cool, gonna check it out as well.

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
You can download tekKonfig from Tek's github page.
Hm, wonder how I missed that.. Thanks!
11-19-10, 07:42 PM   #8
Phanx
Cat.

If you need something a little more featureful than tekKonfig, you could use the config libs I wrote for my addons. It does checkboxes, color pickers, dropdowns, scrolling dropdowns, and sliders. You can find them all in the Libs folder of ShieldsUp, as well as examples of all of them in use in Config.lua, including how to make a scrolling dropdown that shows previews of fonts (I do the same thing with statusbars in oUF_Phanx).

You're welcome to use them in your own addons, though I suggest you rename them if you do, so you don't run into problems down the line if I make any changes that aren't backwards compatible.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Library to make configs