11-30-10, 10:50 AM   #21
maltese
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm actually in the process of modifying the code right now to use secure code. Not sure if it will actually work or not, but it doesn't look that bad. When the servers come back up I'll test and tweek some. I'm definitely not getting any error messages jumping in and out of a vehicle right now in combat with my current code, but then again, my code isn't supporting mouse clicks on the frame itself (I think).

I won't know exactly what I need to fix until I can get online so as soon as I can and if what I'm doing isn't working, then I'll post back here.

Just curious but how do you turn on taint logging so I can track this down?

EDIT: /console taintLog 2 is the command for full taint logging. I'll be working on all this today, hopefully I can get it all fixed.
11-30-10, 05:45 PM   #22
maltese
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I've just logged on and tested the actual vehicle bar. The buttons are functional as I have them implemented. I'm going to work on getting the leave button functional now and check on the taint issue.
11-30-10, 06:31 PM   #23
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by maltese View Post
I've just logged on and tested the actual vehicle bar. The buttons are functional as I have them implemented. I'm going to work on getting the leave button functional now and check on the taint issue.
remember you can ignore some of the taint. just check all the functionality and then turn taint logging off. as long as nothing stops functioning, no one but addon authors would ever know.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
11-30-10, 06:34 PM   #24
maltese
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

So I just spent several minutes jumping into a vehicle and out of a vehicle. 5 taint reports on load. Getting into combat before getting into a vehicle, getting into combat while in a vehicle, getting out of a vehicle while in combat, etc. I used /console taintlog 2 to get a full taint report. I experienced exactly 2 taints in roughly 5 minutes of playing with vehicles. On a side note the chat mod I'm using had several thousand taint reports in that same period. No taint errors reported in the ingame chat frame.

So does this taint? Yep
Is two taints in addition to the 5 on load an issue? I highly doubt it.

Going to work back on the vehicle exit functionality.

EDIT: Vehicle Exit button code working properly now, just working on getting the anchoring done to look nice. Button size variable implemented. Secure code implemented (I think).

TODO:
I don't like the way the textures are looking on the exit button so I'm looking into getting it to match the actual bar. Need to modify the hotkey text to not be gigantic.

Last edited by maltese : 11-30-10 at 08:22 PM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Hiding Actionbutton borders?