06-05-07, 11:26 AM   #1
Jessop
A Murloc Raider
Patch 2.1.1 the newest patch and Bongos

I logged in this afternoon (after the lastest patch) and immediately had several errors with Bongos.

Aspect Ratio 1.6
Mazzle Warlock Layout
Lvl 15 Lock
I have been running with Auctioneer and Guildbanker for a couple of months with no errors from these addons.

I have tried to add a screenshot of the bugsac list of the first 4 (or so) errors. i did screenshot each of the 8 bugsac error pages and can supply them if necessary.

I did try to open Bongos (through MazzleUI) and could not change any of the parameters without generating new errors. I tried to Mazzify, first with a custom and then a complete Mazzification.

Thanks Mazzle. I will try this when I get home from work.
When I got home I instaled the quickfix and things worked perfectly, thanks again. And not that it is our fault, but sorry you had to spend time to fix this problem. I am starting to cringe more and more come each patch day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bugsac bongos 4 error.jpg
Views:	1396
Size:	256.0 KB
ID:	1180  

Last edited by Jessop : 06-06-07 at 07:08 AM.
06-05-07, 11:37 AM   #2
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My guess is that this has to do with my function that shrinks bars if you don't have all the skills in there to fill them. Rather than try to deal with the thorny issue of how to shift around relative anchors for a missing bar, I just made a bar of size 0, which worked fine in the past. Anyway, go to the mac thread and apply the workaround that people posted there and see if that helps.
06-05-07, 11:38 AM   #3
UBFid
A Defias Bandit
Same problem

It is probably just an update issue with the new patch. At first there was no problem, almost all of my button bars were there, all except one. When I tried to add another bar, through the bongos options, all of my bars disappeared. Running a mazzify update didn't help either. The first time I ran the update it simply meshed all of my bars together into one long bar that could not be broken up.
06-05-07, 11:44 AM   #4
spacecat4
A Murloc Raider
I'm having what seems to be the same problem with Bongos after this latest patch. Not all button bars are visible at first and when I tried to change it in bongos I got more errors and all the buttons disappeared, I'm getting the following errors:

ongos\bar.lua:281: in function `Reposition'
Bongos\bar.lua:264: in function `LoadSettings'
Bongos\bar.lua:142: in function `Create'
Bongos_ActionBar\actionBar\bar.lua:161: in function `Create'
Bongos_ActionBar\actionBar\main.lua:85: in function `action'
Bongos\profiles.lua:13: in function `action'
Bongos\lib\BEvent.lua:46: in function <Interface\AddOns\Bongos\lib\BEvent.lua:42>

I'm going to read and try the Mac post listed above.

Wondering if we should update to Bongos 2? Not sure how that would affect Mazzle though.

BTW I'm using a Lock with a modified Lock button layout (if that helps).

Oh and I forgot to add that I did doa complete Ace Update allong with a re mazzify and neither corrected the problem.
06-05-07, 12:04 PM   #5
UBFid
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by spacecat4
I'm going to read and try the Mac post listed above.
Can somebody drop a link to this? I can't find it through the search function or just simply clicking around.
06-05-07, 12:24 PM   #6
Rayyl
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...92&postcount=3
06-05-07, 12:24 PM   #7
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yeah, I can confirm this. It's essentially the same issue as the Mac one. The client just complains about it now and stops the Bongos code from executing. Try this to fix it:

- If you want to fix your existing layout, just open BongosActionBars.lua file in your CHARACTER's SavedVariable directory and look for any line that says

Code:
["scale"] = 0
and change it to

Code:
["scale"] = 0.1
I just posted a quick fix replacement Bongos and Mazzifier on the main download page that should handle this problem as well. Just drop the Bongos and Mazzifier directory in there.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 06-05-07 at 12:37 PM.
06-05-07, 12:36 PM   #8
Silvite
A Murloc Raider
TY Mazzle, works like a charm.
06-05-07, 12:45 PM   #9
spacecat4
A Murloc Raider
Oh thank you so much for those directories--I just dropped them in the addons directory and everything was hunky dory again! You rock!
<cheer!>
06-05-07, 12:57 PM   #10
Keizo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
All my scales were already at 0.1 but im still having the problem. I went back in and saw that i had a few lines that had Space = 0 so tried to change those to 0.1 to see if that would help but no luck.

When im in game the UI is completely loaded except for the bongos hot keys.... theres 1 big line of spell slots now.

So figuring i was doing something wrong i downloaded the files you had linked.

When you said to
[/quote] Just drop the Bongos and Mazzifier directory in there [/quote]

Was that the addon directory you were refering to?

I placed both files in my addon directoy.... the mazzify folder prompted a "replace" warning... no problems there...... but the Bongos folder just went straight in. Was this folder supposed to replace an existing folder?

Before moving the bongos folder over the only folders for bongos i had were Options & ActionBar. So your bongos fold just slid right in.

After restarting the game I still see the same thing..... 1 big long line of hotkeys over the mazzleUI.

Any ideas? Maybe there is a file or directory I need to delete first before copying these over?

THANKS!
K~
06-05-07, 01:00 PM   #11
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

No, you should definitely have had a Bongos folder.
06-05-07, 02:10 PM   #12
hauswirm
A Kobold Labourer
I'm getting the same error's that the guy above was getting. One giant bar with all my spells in it. When I right click on the bar to adjust the size etc. i get an error refering to MazzleUI/MazzleUI_frames.lua:583 refering to size where size is nil value.

Any ideas? I downloaded your quick fix and still the same problem.

thanks for any help!
06-05-07, 04:05 PM   #13
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by hauswirm
I'm getting the same error's that the guy above was getting. One giant bar with all my spells in it. When I right click on the bar to adjust the size etc. i get an error refering to MazzleUI/MazzleUI_frames.lua:583 refering to size where size is nil value.

Any ideas? I downloaded your quick fix and still the same problem.

thanks for any help!
Your bars got reset somehow. That's completely unrelated to this issue in this thread. Try remazzifying your buttons.
06-05-07, 09:51 PM   #14
Keizo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Alright... i think ive done all i can on this one.

I tried copying the files over but that didnt work (still had the 1 continuous hotkey bar).
I tried doing a complete / clean install of mazzle (by following the install instructions to the T).
Even tried going back to the UI that was ok minus the bongo issue and installing the Addon files from a friend who has had no problems.

Nothing seems to be working..... it seems like there is a file conflict somewhere and it doesnt reside with the WTF or Interface directories.

After doing the clean mazzy install i end up at a screen that looks like this......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_060507_212709.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	1183  

Last edited by Keizo : 06-05-07 at 10:43 PM.
06-05-07, 11:04 PM   #15
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Keizo
I tried copying the files over but that didnt work (still had the 1 continuous hotkey bar).
If your bongos file had become corrupt, you might also need to mazzify the buttons.
I tried doing a complete / clean install of mazzle (by following the install instructions to the T).
If you did this, make sure to update all the add-ons as documented in other threads and also copy the quickfix files.
Even tried going back to the UI that was ok minus the bongo issue and installing the Addon files from a friend who has had no problems.
That wouldn't help. It wouldn't remedy either your corrupt bongos settings nor the problem the hotfix takes care of.

What I suggest you do is go back to an add-ons folder with everything updated (your old one from a couple days ago perhaps?), delete your Bongos_Actionbars.lua file from your character's saved variables folder, copy over the quickfix files and remazzify your button layout.
06-05-07, 11:39 PM   #16
Keizo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
YUP!!! I was in process of doing that very thing mazz! Thanks!! I went about it slightly different but the end result was the same.

I deleted the WTF and Interface folders.
Logged into the game then logged back out.
Deleted the new WTF and Interface folders again.
Moved over my old saved files from before the patch.
Deleted all bongo files.
Logged into the game and typed /mazzify
Ran through the options then logged out.
Ran the Wow Ace updater following Trevelyen's directions on how to perform updates using WAU.
Logged back into the game and did another full /mazzify.

After that everything was back to normal....... well.... everything but having to remap all my hotkeys

After i save this new Interface and WTF im gonna write them all down for each of my characters

Thanks again for the feedback..... i think your UI is like crack. I was going through withdrawls tonight!
06-06-07, 01:06 AM   #17
Aelfinn
A Defias Bandit
cant find quick fix bongos file

Maybe I am just blind, but I looking for the quick fix bongos file on the main download page and cant seem to find it anywhere. Can someone provide a link please??
06-06-07, 07:01 AM   #18
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Aelfinn
Maybe I am just blind, but I looking for the quick fix bongos file on the main download page and cant seem to find it anywhere. Can someone provide a link please??
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...d6311-MazzleUI

Just download and extract to your Addons folder, accepting all prompts to overwrite.
06-06-07, 08:36 AM   #19
Aelfinn
A Defias Bandit
thanks

Thanks for the link Arkive. And thanks for all of the hard work you put in Mazzlefizz.
You interface is awesome and I dont know if I could stand playing the game without it!!!
06-06-07, 02:25 PM   #20
UBFid
A Defias Bandit
Arg!

I was semi-able to fix the problem using the 0.1 change to the lua file, but it was still frustrating. It would simply change all of my bars back into its own little arrangement and clump them down in the bottom left corner of my screen every time I logged off.
And I would download the quick-fix, but every time for the past 48 hours that I've tried to download anything from wowinterface.com or sometimes when I simply try to click on a new page I get nothing but database errors.

Any third-party mirror sights that I could download the quickfix .zip from? I know thats a stretch, but I have to try.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 2.1.1 the newest patch and Bongos