06-07-07, 07:22 AM   #1
Milga
A Murloc Raider
UI size

This is probably very simple to fix, but I cant really get how it's gonna be done.
My problem is that my party frames is to large to fit in the place where they "should" be.
I can give you a screenie to let to show what I mean.

As you can see I have to move two of the party members to... well you see.

If you know how to "fix" my little problem I would be very pleased.
Thanks.

Milga the Cow!
06-07-07, 08:16 AM   #2
Rollak
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That has to do with the resolution that you run WoW at. The smaller aspect ratios don't leave enough room between the bottom bar to put all 4 party frames.

This can be corrected by running a different resolution, which may or may not be possible based on your hardware.
06-07-07, 08:41 AM   #3
Milga
A Murloc Raider
Hmm, I change my resulotion in WoW but then the UI moves around and get unfit with the main border...
Is this something that can be fixed?
06-07-07, 08:55 AM   #4
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Rollak
That has to do with the resolution that you run WoW at. The smaller aspect ratios don't leave enough room between the bottom bar to put all 4 party frames.

This can be corrected by running a different resolution, which may or may not be possible based on your hardware.
Neither of those statements are true.

First, resolution doesn't actually matter in WoW. It's the aspect ratio of your resolution that determines how much space you have. Two resolutions with the same aspect ratios are equivalent in WoW's eyes. So, 1600x1200 is the same as 640x480 as far as WoW is concerned.

Seconds, all of the resolutions have enough room for the party frames on the bottom. The reason yours don't fit is b/c you changed the UI scale.
06-07-07, 09:02 AM   #5
Milga
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for that information Mazzle, willl keep that in the back of my head.
But I havent touched the UI scale after i've got my mazzlegasm :/
Still something after that I can do, or am I a hopeless case?

*EDIT*
Now I reinstalled the UI completely but still the same problem... the party boys are still to big. :/

Last edited by Milga : 06-07-07 at 09:10 AM.
06-07-07, 09:19 AM   #6
Rayyl
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
It looks more like the DUF Frames have been modified. There should not be any information about each toon beside each individual party frame.

Also, I'm not too sure why your minimap isn't being displayed either.

When you reinstalled the UI completely, did you also remember to remove the wtf folder before you started? There are a lot of saved settings in there that will be carried over even if you replaced the interface\addons folder.
06-07-07, 09:34 AM   #7
Milga
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Rayyl
It looks more like the DUF Frames have been modified. There should not be any information about each toon beside each individual party frame.

Also, I'm not too sure why your minimap isn't being displayed either.

When you reinstalled the UI completely, did you also remember to remove the wtf folder before you started? There are a lot of saved settings in there that will be carried over even if you replaced the interface\addons folder.
Hmm, no I didn't. I will try to do that right away.
Thanks champ.

*EDIT*
Didn't work, they're still unfitted.
I'll make a new post later tonight with screenshot that shows you how it turns out.

Last edited by Milga : 06-07-07 at 09:59 AM.
06-07-07, 10:26 AM   #8
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Looking at the screenshot, it looks like you manually move the unit frames around. If so, you probably mazzified at the wrong aspect ratio. Re-aligining stuff made that hard for anyone to see.

You need to read the install instructions before you install.
06-07-07, 10:27 AM   #9
Milga
A Murloc Raider
Oki, now I did what you said, and the party dudes are in place, WOHO!
But in the resulotion that the Mazzifier came up with the wow become rather unsharp and "pixly".
And when I change my resulotion to what I had before I even had MazzleUI, the same problem comes up. The party boys, the bars and chat windows etc. change places.

Do I have to deal with that resulotion or is it something I can do?
06-07-07, 02:57 PM   #10
Milga
A Murloc Raider
Im so sorry if I took too much of your time... As you said Mazzlefizzle, I would have red the install instructions better. Now it works great.
But thanks for being so helpful anyway.
Thanks.
06-07-07, 03:39 PM   #11
Rollak
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

Neither of those statements are true.

First, resolution doesn't actually matter in WoW. It's the aspect ratio of your resolution that determines how much space you have. Two resolutions with the same aspect ratios are equivalent in WoW's eyes. So, 1600x1200 is the same as 640x480 as far as WoW is concerned.

Second, all of the resolutions have enough room for the party frames on the bottom. The reason yours don't fit is b/c you changed the UI scale.
Sorry if I was mis informed. I seem to remember reading something about the frames not fitting there in the smaller resolutions. Maybe it was raid frames? In any event thanks for the clarification.

Second, aspect ratio is a direct product of the resolution you run WoW at. 800x600, or 1200x900 may not matter, however if it's 1280x1024 or 1440x900 it will make a difference. Hence, why I stated it had to do with the resolution that WoW is run at.
06-07-07, 05:55 PM   #12
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Rollak
Sorry if I was mis informed. I seem to remember reading something about the frames not fitting there in the smaller resolutions. Maybe it was raid frames? In any event thanks for the clarification.

Second, aspect ratio is a direct product of the resolution you run WoW at. 800x600, or 1200x900 may not matter, however if it's 1280x1024 or 1440x900 it will make a difference. Hence, why I stated it had to do with the resolution that WoW is run at.
You're probably thinking of the pet frames.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » UI size