11-02-05, 10:37 AM   #1
GRiM
An Aku'mai Servant

Lightbulb Group/Raid Heal vs Mater Healer

Seems kinda slow here lately so I wanna start a lil' sumin sumin.

HEALERS! I need some Pros/Cons of Group Heal/RaidHeal over Master Healer.

Why do you think your choice is the better AddOn?

I'm trying to decide which one to install and use. As my healer is pretty low a level I want to know which I should use and grow with.

TIA
11-02-05, 12:56 PM   #2
JattilaB
A Defias Bandit
this is what I have been using

Originally Posted by GRiM
I'm trying to decide which one to install and use. As my healer is pretty low a level I want to know which I should use and grow with.
CASTPARTY & CASTPARTY OPTIONS

seems to work well for me and the people I heal.. ( LvL 38 Priest ) been using it since LvL 1
try this link
http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=880

at the bottom you can find a link to a newer version...

good luck hope it helps...
11-16-05, 11:00 PM   #3
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
My core principle behind GroupHeal/RaidHeal is that they are easy to use and don't get in the player's way. While I am working on adding settings to customized look and behaviour, I always try to make sure that the user does not need to ever glace at the configuration options in order to make use of most features.

I should also note that I work very hard to make GroupHeal and RaidHeal as efficient as possible so that they are never causing more trouble (lag wise) then they are worth.
11-17-05, 09:56 AM   #4
GRiM
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by jbcc
My core principle behind GroupHeal/RaidHeal is that they are easy to use and don't get in the player's way. While I am working on adding settings to customized look and behaviour, I always try to make sure that the user does not need to ever glace at the configuration options in order to make use of most features.

I should also note that I work very hard to make GroupHeal and RaidHeal as efficient as possible so that they are never causing more trouble (lag wise) then they are worth.
Oooooo....author. Hehehehe. Now that I have your attention

Couple questions:

Does GH work with buffs? If not will it be implemented?
Does GH only show the heal button when you/member only needs healing? If not will it be implemented?
What Classes are supported?
11-17-05, 07:11 PM   #5
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Does GH work with buffs? If not will it be implemented?
No, and no. GroupHeal is designed for healing only as I believe there are better ways of managing buffs. That said, I do intend to provide support for Power Word: Shield in an upcoming verison.

Does GH only show the heal button when you/member only needs healing? If not will it be implemented?
No, and no. GroupHeal buttons that you set to be visible in the AddOn settins are always visible provided that their target exists. I don't like it when buttons disappear on me.

What Classes are supported?
All classes with Healing spells are currently supported. Specifically: Druid, Priest, Shaman and Paladin.

Last edited by Esamynn : 11-17-05 at 07:12 PM. Reason: typos
11-18-05, 07:40 AM   #6
GRiM
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by jbcc
No, and no. GroupHeal is designed for healing only as I believe there are better ways of managing buffs. That said, I do intend to provide support for Power Word: Shield in an upcoming verison.

No, and no. GroupHeal buttons that you set to be visible in the AddOn settins are always visible provided that their target exists. I don't like it when buttons disappear on me.

All classes with Healing spells are currently supported. Specifically: Druid, Priest, Shaman and Paladin.
Thanks for the reply jbcc.

As it stands I don't think GH is what I'm looking for. I'm not saying that it's not a good AddOn nor that it's not good at what it does.

I just prefer that the button show up when the targets require healing.

So off to look for something that may do this...
12-06-05, 10:15 AM   #7
RedLightning40
A Defias Bandit

Angry

Originally Posted by GRiM
Thanks for the reply jbcc.

As it stands I don't think GH is what I'm looking for. I'm not saying that it's not a good AddOn nor that it's not good at what it does.

I just prefer that the button show up when the targets require healing.

So off to look for something that may do this...

Hey GH is great I saved most of my party with this addon If i didn't have it ,my party would be dead 10x over
12-06-05, 03:10 PM   #8
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by RedLightning40
Hey GH is great I saved most of my party with this addon If i didn't have it ,my party would be dead 10x over
Thank you very much.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Group/Raid Heal vs Mater Healer