09-07-10, 07:58 PM   #1
DesertDwarf
Largely Short

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The Fight for Gnomeregan & Echo Isles Begins!

The pre-pre-Cataclysm events have started. Woot!

Lylirra, a Blue poster, wrote the following today on the official forums. [Source]

Look lively—the efforts to retake the areas of Gnomeregan and Echo Isles have begun. While it's been some weeks since we shared the details surrounding these calls to arms, the battle is finally underway!

If you are of the illustrious Alliance and wish to take up the charge of retaking Gnomeregan as called by Gelbin Mekkatorque, you'll want to report to him for duty in the district of Tinkertown in Ironforge. Members of the noble and steadfast Horde are tasked to report to Sen'jin village in southern Durotar. No matter if you're a weathered champion of your faction, or are still learning the ways of battle, you'll be able to help in these monumental efforts to change the very landscape of Azeroth.

Dismissed!

Operation: Gnomeregan: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...nomeregan2.xml
Zalazane's Fall: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...echoisles2.xml
09-07-10, 08:01 PM   #2
maurdr
A Cliff Giant
the horde quests are great just watch out for the occasional baddie that wants to ruin fun by covering the quest givers with a big mammoth.
09-07-10, 08:18 PM   #3
Sythalin
Curse staff

Originally Posted by maurdr View Post
the horde quests are great just watch out for the occasional baddie that wants to ruin fun by covering the quest givers with a big mammoth.
Hear hear on that! Not since the opening of AQ on our server have I seen such a large collection of idiots trying to ruin everyone's fun.
09-07-10, 09:52 PM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

That's when you turn on nameplates with shift+v and interact with them that way.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
09-08-10, 04:36 AM   #5
Kodewulf
Premium Member

Premium Member
Have anybody else noticed that there is a level requirement for the last quest in the line? I can't seem to find any information on the minimum level needed to get the achievement.
09-08-10, 06:28 AM   #6
Falarin
A Cyclonian

I'm guessing the level requirement is 75 as the reward you receive from the quest line requires at least 75.
09-08-10, 08:56 AM   #7
Sec
A Cyclonian

Wowhead lists the last quest as being level 75.

I am wondering how long these events will run; hoping to hit that required level on a character (or two - high hopes!).
09-08-10, 11:00 AM   #8
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

The event is truly awesome, IMO. As someone who's never seen the opening of AQ event, having dozens of players in the same place fighting the same enemy is quite the show.

SPOILER ALERT!
---------------
I liked how you get to "unlock" the druid class for trolls in cata by fighting an elite tiger and she reveals herself to be a troll. She aids Vol'Jin in the fight and promises she'll join his tribe. You get a cloak (no stats) and a little charm that transforms you into a troll for 30 mins.
---------------

I've also uploaded my screenshots from the event; again, don't look if you're afraid of spoilers:

http://img830.imageshack.us/g/wowscr...810171153.jpg/
09-09-10, 09:21 AM   #9
Dawn
A Molten Giant

The only sad thing is the 4 - FOUR - hour cooldown on that transformation item. At least it's not a trinket like orb of deception ...

Me wants to be da troll for longa, maaan!

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

09-09-10, 10:08 AM   #10
maurdr
A Cliff Giant
what kind of things do u get from the gnome quest?

also if the troll druid cat form looks like that then ZOMG im gonna regret never learning how to play feral.
09-09-10, 11:06 AM   #11
spAnser
A Fallenroot Satyr

also if the troll druid cat form looks like that then ZOMG im gonna regret never learning how to play feral.
There have been pics of the troll druid form around for a while here is a link to some pics and if you want to wait until the game is released by all means don't click the link.
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...rms-Blue-Posts
09-09-10, 11:29 AM   #12
maurdr
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by spAnser View Post
There have been pics of the troll druid form around for a while here is a link to some pics and if you want to wait until the game is released by all means don't click the link.
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...rms-Blue-Posts
ah thanks i dont go looking around for information i just wait until someone posts something or i randomly come across it not sure i like th troll forms but i like for the worgen how they wear bracers and a collar.
09-09-10, 12:16 PM   #13
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Troll druid forms are a little to freaky for my taste ... Just way to much color, even for crazy Trolls.

Worgen one looks nice, though.

@maurdr
Alliance gets about the same item, but transforming you into a Gnome Infantry ... Looks funny.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » The Fight for Gnomeregan & Echo Isles Begins!