10-25-08, 03:43 PM   #1
acemaxx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
pet bar with more buttons

Is there an add-on that will give the pet bar more than 10 buttons? My pet has more skills than will fit on the default pet bar. If I could fit them all on the bar, I could see the skills' auto state (the gold border around the skill) and their cool downs. Would be really useful.
10-25-08, 04:12 PM   #2
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There isn't one as far as I know. I requested that in a ticket while on Beta so hopefully they (Blizzard) will consider it.
10-25-08, 06:09 PM   #3
LittleWhiteDove
A Cobalt Mageweaver

There are a number of post on the WoW forum and at least one from "big blue" that indicate there will be a change to the basic pet bar.
10-25-08, 06:59 PM   #4
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by LittleWhiteDove View Post
There are a number of post on the WoW forum and at least one from "big blue" that indicate there will be a change to the basic pet bar.
yeah, more room on the pet bar would be nice. even one additional "player configured" slot would be nice, with all these new pet talents.

i don't know the internals on action mapping, but i do know that Macaroon (as an example of a fairly comprehensive/featureful action bar replacement) only recognizes 10 pet action mappings, and 6 of those are "fixed" (i.e. pet actions 1-3 and 8-10, or however Blizzard chooses to identify them).

i have a sneaking suspicion this pet action mapping stuff is currently set in concrete.
10-26-08, 09:22 AM   #5
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Trinity can do this, I think the mod has a different name now, Macaroon I think. I alos think Dominos can do that too.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
10-28-08, 06:03 AM   #6
Eba
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I got around this kind of just making a macro...

/cast Cower

for example. Seems to work.. i just did it for which ever pet funciton i was mostly rarely going to use. Only problem is you have to remember what it does.. lol as it gives no description other than what u name the macro.

But seems to get me by for the moment.
10-28-08, 06:53 AM   #7
break19
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Eba View Post
I got around this kind of just making a macro...

/cast Cower

for example. Seems to work.. i just did it for which ever pet funciton i was mostly rarely going to use. Only problem is you have to remember what it does.. lol as it gives no description other than what u name the macro.

But seems to get me by for the moment.

#ShowTooltip

Put that into the macro at the top.. Voila. you now have a tooltip
10-29-08, 09:01 PM   #8
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by break19 View Post
#ShowTooltip

Put that into the macro at the top.. Voila. you now have a tooltip
i have been watching this... and it looks like my pet's skills are triggering even when not on the petbar (growl, bite, dash, etc). cooldowns and scrolling combat text information are both displaying.

feel free to play with this and verify for yourself.

but it does seem to me right now that pet skills only need to be on the pet bar if you want to trigger them manually and/or monitor their cooldowns.

edit: looks like cower is bugged... i can't seem to turn it off right now. it fires (i.e. displays a cooldown) whether it is on the pet bar or not, it fires whether it is enabled in the pet's spellbook or not. and indeed, the pets do not hold aggro like they used to.

in fact, growl and cower are firing simultaneously, with the same cooldown. pretty bizarre.

doesn't seem to be any way around it.

in contrast, Bite/Dash/etc do seem configurable (turn them off in the pet spellbook and no buff appears on the pet, no cooldown is displayed, nothing shows up in SCT, etc).

Last edited by acapela : 10-29-08 at 09:18 PM. Reason: update
10-29-08, 10:24 PM   #9
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by acapela View Post
i have been watching this... and it looks like my pet's skills are triggering even when not on the petbar (growl, bite, dash, etc). cooldowns and scrolling combat text information are both displaying.

but it does seem to me right now that pet skills only need to be on the pet bar if you want to trigger them manually and/or monitor their cooldowns.
I've noticed that skills that aren't on the pet bar seem to always reset themselves to "on" when you log back in again. So I now keep cower and prowl on the pet's action bar where I can control them manually (since I normally don't have them turned on) and leave all the skills I would set to auto anyway in the spellbook.

-- Cirk
10-30-08, 03:33 AM   #10
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by acapela View Post

edit: looks like cower is bugged... i can't seem to turn it off right now. it fires (i.e. displays a cooldown) whether it is on the pet bar or not, it fires whether it is enabled in the pet's spellbook or not. and indeed, the pets do not hold aggro like they used to.

in fact, growl and cower are firing simultaneously, with the same cooldown. pretty bizarre.

doesn't seem to be any way around it.

in contrast, Bite/Dash/etc do seem configurable (turn them off in the pet spellbook and no buff appears on the pet, no cooldown is displayed, nothing shows up in SCT, etc).
Been looking to see if anyone else was experiencing weird things with the pet spells. I can't turn off prowl, which is such a pain in the ass. I only use it in BG's and in caves (for jumping off ledges... pets don't always like to follow). It stays off if I have it on the pet bar, but refuses to stay off if it's not on the pet bar.

And yes, I've noticed Cower firing off in the spell book. I saw the cooldown timer on it while I was trying to watch for Prowl turning itself on.

As for my pets keeping aggro, it's no where near as bad as it use to be. I have two different hunters and both pets are doing fairly good at holding aggro for me.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » pet bar with more buttons