12-04-16, 01:16 PM   #1
Amivit
A Defias Bandit
Question TRUE random mount summoner (that works with flying mounts)

Hey guys. Ingame "Summon Random Favorite Mount" and RandomCompanion addon both disregard all my flyable mounts, if I'm not in a flying zone. I would really like to randomly summon those guys too. Any suggestions?
12-05-16, 05:16 AM   #2
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
GoGoMount always summons a flying mount in an area you can fly, regardless of what mounts you have chosen. It also summons water mounts if you are in water, like the turtle or squid or stingray. You have to check off mounts in the addon's list though, it doesn't use your favorite mounts.

Edit: I just noticed you want flying mounts in nofly zones. GoGoMount does have an option for that as well, so it randomized all your selected mounts in ground areas.

Last edited by Kanegasi : 12-05-16 at 05:18 AM.
12-05-16, 07:07 AM   #3
Amivit
A Defias Bandit
Perfect, exactly what I needed. Thanks!
12-06-16, 11:15 PM   #4
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I tried GoGoMount, and personal taste, did not care for it, so I switched to LiteMount. For me, it came down to the options.

As for "true random", no matter which mount AddOn you use, expect a certain lack of actual randomness. You might be summoning the same mount once in a while, or a few times in a row. math.random is odd that way.
12-07-16, 05:58 AM   #5
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
I tried GoGoMount, and personal taste, did not care for it, so I switched to LiteMount. For me, it came down to the options.

As for "true random", no matter which mount AddOn you use, expect a certain lack of actual randomness. You might be summoning the same mount once in a while, or a few times in a row. math.random is odd that way.
Actually, truly random generators, what you described has just as much chance of happening as any other result - assuming that each roll is truly independent of previous rolls.

Can be random for 100 runs, then the next 6 runs, all the same number comes up.

Marth

12-07-16, 07:06 AM   #6
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That was my point: math.random is not independent of previous results. No random function in any coding language is, simply because computers are not actually capable of being random.

There is LibTrueRandom-1.0, but I don't know if it still functions.

But I have accentally devolved this thread into computer theory, sorry!
12-07-16, 07:41 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
If it were dependent on previous results, then it wouldn't be random - is what Marth was saying.

If you roll a die, you have a 1 in 6 chance of rolling a 4. With every roll, it's still a 1 in 6 chance. It's entirely possible, and still completely random at the same time, to roll a 4 five times in a row.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-08-16, 08:25 AM   #8
Lombra
A Molten Giant

Exactly. Randomness has got nothing to do with variation.
12-08-16, 09:58 AM   #9
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

I'm surprised Seerah did not plug sCompanions hosted here on WoW Interface. I use it with Opie and love it.
12-08-16, 03:27 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I thought about it. While it does allow you to summon a flying mount while in a no-flying zone, it does not pool flying and ground mounts together for you to randomize between.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-08-16, 04:15 PM   #11
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Amivit View Post
Ingame "Summon Random Favorite Mount" and RandomCompanion addon both disregard all my flyable mounts, if I'm not in a flying zone. I would really like to randomly summon those guys too.

Ignoring mount addons and the randomness discussion, this macro should still include flying mounts in no-flying zones
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...php?t=49504#15
Code:
/run local j,t,b=C_MountJournal,{},0+SecureCmdOptionParse"[flyable]248;230"for i=1,j.GetNumMounts()do if select(5,j.GetMountInfoByID(i))and bit.band(select(5,j.GetMountInfoExtraByID(i)),b)==b then tinsert(t,i)end end _=#t>0 and j.SummonByID(t[random(#t)])
03-31-17, 08:12 PM   #12
Barleduq
Premium Member

Premium Member
Necrophilia Rises Again - suggestion

I'm using Livestock For my mount summoning needs. It has an option to put flying mounts into ground mount summons. It allows you to select which mounts are in the pool to be chosen on a per character basis. The only thing it doesn't have is a weighting system for selection, like Petleash does for calling out companion pets.
04-03-17, 01:06 AM   #13
gmarco
An Onyxian Warder

I wrote a little addon that can summon a random mount from a defined category or a random mount from all the mounts you have.

It is not so confortable to config because you have to write in lua files the categories by yourself but it works nicely.

You can check it here if you want:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-gmMounts.html

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » TRUE random mount summoner (that works with flying mounts)