06-06-09, 05:38 AM   #1581
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Thank you, guys. I'm glad I don't have to defend myself. I'm fully aware that there is indeed the very logical credibility issue that arises when one refuses to disclose information he previously claimed he had, but as many others have so dutifully stated, there are other factors in play that prohibit me from openly sharing that informaion. I'm sorry if that smells like a big ol' can of tuna to you, but that's the way the cookies crumble. I would have to be a relatively petty individual to need internet credibility so badly that I would show up here and lie in making the claims I have. This community is so over-whelmingly accepting that lying for acceptance is unnecessary. The truth will suffice, and it is as follows:

The knowledge I have gives me every reason to have the opinion I do. I don't expect anyone to believe me (more to the point, I don't need anyone to believe me), but I'll happily take anyone's benefit of the doubt. My need to keep my information to myself is greater than my need to share it. If you absolutely need to know it, do what I've done, and you'll get exactly where I am.

I value this community as a whole and each individual in it. Lying is beneath me, and I'll not have anyone impugning my integrity on the sole basis of their skepticism.

Last edited by us2006027321 : 06-06-09 at 05:49 AM.
06-06-09, 09:06 AM   #1582
Vyper
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by us2006027321 View Post
I value this community as a whole and each individual in it. Lying is beneath me, and I'll not have anyone impugning my integrity on the sole basis of their skepticism.
*promptly moves to impugning us<RandomNumbersHere> based solely on that smirk in his avatar*
06-06-09, 09:33 AM   #1583
jadakren
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by silentdabeast View Post
Seriously, what is the big deal? They're showing author's names now, they're doing all you're asking and more....
Hello, I doubt they are. In any case can you give me the following wowmatrix links :
  • git/svn server control panel for authors,
  • author registration portal,
  • forums for authors and users.

Thankyou.
06-06-09, 10:00 AM   #1584
silentdabeast
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Tuhljin View Post
Not only that, but he came in here at first from the WM-user point-of-view, and silentdabeast has certainly been very much on WM's side and only recently has shown signs of opening up to the other side (I'd say the more logical, truthful, and fact-supported side).
Honestly I still don't know the real truth behind all this. I just don't like when ANY company takes $450 bucks worth of resources from another, smaller company, and doesn't turn around and fix it. WM DID do that, for that I think they are creepy. WM, Curse and WowI are all "big" companies (in the sense that they have LOTS of supporters and LOTS of money flows in and out of them). So for one big company to slam another big company...that doesn't mean nearly as much to me as when a big company sucks the life out of a smaller company to the point that they can't even operate or compete. That's not right, and that's NOT the American way.

Curse, WM and WowI can compete all they want, and they can argue and fight over bandwidth, rights, etc. all they want, but NONE of them have better take from one of the little guys and expect to stay on my good side. Unfortunately, WM is NOT an American company - so they don't have the same sense of honor, respect, and fairness as I do, or as perhaps WoWi does. I don't much care for Curse so...I hope they rot anyway.
06-06-09, 10:02 AM   #1585
silentdabeast
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by jadakren View Post
Hello, I doubt they are. In any case can you give me the following wowmatrix links :
  • git/svn server control panel for authors,
  • author registration portal,
  • forums for authors and users.

Thankyou.
Buddy, you're WAY behind! I don't use WM anymore, and I would appreciate you NOT quoting my old posts...I will have to kill you.
06-06-09, 10:07 AM   #1586
silentdabeast
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Thank you, guys. I'm glad I don't have to defend myself. I'm fully aware that there is indeed the very logical credibility issue that arises when one refuses to disclose information he previously claimed he had, but as many others have so dutifully stated, there are other factors in play that prohibit me from openly sharing that informaion. I'm sorry if that smells like a big ol' can of tuna to you, but that's the way the cookies crumble. I would have to be a relatively petty individual to need internet credibility so badly that I would show up here and lie in making the claims I have. This community is so over-whelmingly accepting that lying for acceptance is unnecessary. The truth will suffice, and it is as follows:

The knowledge I have gives me every reason to have the opinion I do. I don't expect anyone to believe me (more to the point, I don't need anyone to believe me), but I'll happily take anyone's benefit of the doubt. My need to keep my information to myself is greater than my need to share it. If you absolutely need to know it, do what I've done, and you'll get exactly where I am.

By the way if you have information that you can't disclose, why even bring it up? It's worthless to say "I have information", then to say "but I can't share it with you".

I DO have information that I was going to share, but WM has not given me permission so to do, and because I really don't care anymore, I won't bring up the point again. For all I know, the information I have is false anyway...so what would it matter?

/ot
I bet if you looked hard enough, you could find some avid WOW player with lots of money or plenty of server space that would donate or close-to-donate you enough bandwidth and space (and speed) to do what you want. I mean, this is a HUGE country! The seminary I attend here in Ft Wayne IN, all the acreage was donated - and it's a LOT of land! Just gotta keep dem ears open and eyes peeled...something is bound to come up.
/ot

Last edited by silentdabeast : 06-06-09 at 10:13 AM.
06-06-09, 12:22 PM   #1587
Tuhljin
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

By the way if you have information that you can't disclose, why even bring it up? It's worthless to say "I have information", then to say "but I can't share it with you".

I DO have information that I was going to share, but WM has not given me permission so to do...
Why are you bringing up that you have some information to share, but won't disclose because you don't have permission? I'm not trying to be rude here, just pointing out the similarities. From what I understand, usbunchanumbers was putting together a blog post with all this stuff and told us about it long before WM did whatever they did that made him not want to share it any more, so it's not like he just came in one day with "I've got some exclusive info here... but I'm not going to share it."
06-06-09, 04:49 PM   #1588
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Tuhljin View Post
silentdabeast has certainly been very much on WM's side and only recently has shown signs of opening up to the other side (I'd say the more logical, truthful, and fact-supported side).

I'm not buying it. It's very rare that I hold a grudge, but this ones huge.
06-06-09, 06:00 PM   #1589
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
Will you find it in your heart to forgive him for my sake? Wait a sec...

I DO have information that I was going to share, but WM has not given me permission so to do, and because I really don't care anymore, I won't bring up the point again. For all I know, the information I have is false anyway...so what would it matter?
Have you been reading anything I've said to you? Have you been reading anything I've said at all? When I first showed up here, I was interviewing them, and I was telling the community that I'd had the chance to interview them and looked forward to sharing my compiled results. It wasn't until later that they informed me that... they were adamant about me not sharing the details of our conversations. So, I didn't just walk straight in and say, "I have details, but you don't get to know them. HAHA! INOSUMTHINUDONNO!!"

Furthermore, if you're going to lecture me on what I shouldn't say, don't skip two lines and say it yourself. You and I are in almost exactly the same position with WoWMatrix. I was talking to them, I was going to share it, and then they told me no. A more avid researcher would know that, and you're going to reprimand me for being in your shoes?

Pot, I'm Kettle. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm going over here now. —>

/ignore

Nevermind, Silenia. You're dead on with your little grudge. Here: hold mine too, would you? Thank you, dear. ^^

Last edited by us2006027321 : 06-06-09 at 06:05 PM.
06-06-09, 06:14 PM   #1590
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Vyper View Post
*promptly moves to impugning us<RandomNumbersHere> based solely on that smirk in his avatar*
I'm okay with that. :P Impugn my integrity for what I am, and I'm cool. I'm definitely and arrogant SoB. It would happen that I'm also self-aware.

06-06-09, 07:40 PM   #1591
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

I'm okay with that. :P Impugn my integrity for what I am, and I'm cool. I'm definitely and arrogant SoB. It would happen that I'm also self-aware.
Uh oh. Hes self-aware. Its just a matter of time before he sends a collect call to Skynet and the machines take over.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
06-06-09, 11:26 PM   #1592
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

/ot
I bet if you looked hard enough, you could find some avid WOW player with lots of money or plenty of server space that would donate or close-to-donate you enough bandwidth and space (and speed) to do what you want. I mean, this is a HUGE country! The seminary I attend here in Ft Wayne IN, all the acreage was donated - and it's a LOT of land! Just gotta keep dem ears open and eyes peeled...something is bound to come up.
/ot
IMHO If they haven't come forward yet they're never going to come forward to donate server or bandwidth.

You have to remember that the level of traffic these sites do is more in line of what an Industrial level hosting service would provide. This ain't no mom and pop lets run the server from the basements of a few donators.

We're talking about GB of traffic per day. Terabytes per hour on Patch Day.

Kaelten posted about this about a year ago when he closed files.wowace.com. He said donations were never enough to cover the traffic he needed. IMHO I don't think you'll find someone rich enough to afford to be able to just donate asstons of money and bandwith. And even if you did I doubt that it would be enough to cover what both of these sites go through in a month.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
06-07-09, 05:53 AM   #1593
silentdabeast
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Well then screw you. I've been using minion for 3 days now. But if you're going to be that way, I guess I'll go back to WM. You just showed me why I still believe in sin and grace - people are sinners and can't seem to get over anything...they don't know how to forgive/forget and move on, yet they can preach to the death that everyone else should. But when someone DOES move on, and allows others to, WOW what a great day! Just like the convo's we were having a few nights ago.

thanks, Silenia, for ruining that.
06-07-09, 05:54 AM   #1594
silentdabeast
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by honem View Post
IMHO If they haven't come forward yet they're never going to come forward to donate server or bandwidth.

You have to remember that the level of traffic these sites do is more in line of what an Industrial level hosting service would provide. This ain't no mom and pop lets run the server from the basements of a few donators.

We're talking about GB of traffic per day. Terabytes per hour on Patch Day.

Kaelten posted about this about a year ago when he closed files.wowace.com. He said donations were never enough to cover the traffic he needed. IMHO I don't think you'll find someone rich enough to afford to be able to just donate asstons of money and bandwith. And even if you did I doubt that it would be enough to cover what both of these sites go through in a month.
I'm just saying keep your eyes open...you never know.
06-07-09, 05:55 AM   #1595
silentdabeast
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Will you find it in your heart to forgive him for my sake? Wait a sec...
Have you been reading anything I've said to you? Have you been reading anything I've said at all? When I first showed up here, I was interviewing them, and I was telling the community that I'd had the chance to interview them and looked forward to sharing my compiled results. It wasn't until later that they informed me that... they were adamant about me not sharing the details of our conversations. So, I didn't just walk straight in and say, "I have details, but you don't get to know them. HAHA! INOSUMTHINUDONNO!!"

Furthermore, if you're going to lecture me on what I shouldn't say, don't skip two lines and say it yourself. You and I are in almost exactly the same position with WoWMatrix. I was talking to them, I was going to share it, and then they told me no. A more avid researcher would know that, and you're going to reprimand me for being in your shoes?

Pot, I'm Kettle. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm going over here now. —>

/ignore

Nevermind, Silenia. You're dead on with your little grudge. Here: hold mine too, would you? Thank you, dear. ^^
No I haven't been reading, let's see, an ungodly number of pages of posts...is that a problem?
06-07-09, 06:31 AM   #1596
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Well then screw you. I've been using minion for 3 days now. But if you're going to be that way, I guess I'll go back to WM. You just showed me why I still believe in sin and grace - people are sinners and can't seem to get over anything...they don't know how to forgive/forget and move on, yet they can preach to the death that everyone else should. But when someone DOES move on, and allows others to, WOW what a great day! Just like the convo's we were having a few nights ago.

You're most certainly welcome! Don't let the door hit ya....
06-07-09, 07:36 AM   #1597
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

people are sinners and can't seem to get over anything...they don't know how to forgive/forget and move on, yet they can preach to the death that everyone else should. But when someone DOES move on, and allows others to, WOW what a great day! Just like the convo's we were having a few nights ago.

Just as you can't seem to forgive/forget and allow your judgement to be clouded by anger.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
06-07-09, 10:33 AM   #1598
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

No I haven't been reading, let's see, an ungodly number of pages of posts...is that a problem?
It is, and if you're going to be Johnny-come-lately in a conversation and jump in with what you think is something amazing and new, don't be shocked when you have fully consumed the entirety of everything from your toes to your hips. One usually would stop at one foot in his mouth, but you have made it plain that you have an insatiable appetite for things covered in fungus.

I understand that you are feeling very unwelcome right now, and that's really not the goal of anyone here. I wish with all of... whatever it is in me that feels the need to respect other humans (no matter how much I try to beat it into submission) that you would be able to find yourself a place here, but if you continue to treat the natives with disdain, I'm afraid that will never happen for you.

I hold out hope that you will be able to display some empathy, see your error, and apologize. As a fair balance to that, I am also prepared to accept your humanity.

EDIT: Just so you know, you're actually on my ignore list now. /commend

Last edited by us2006027321 : 06-07-09 at 10:39 AM.
06-07-09, 10:38 AM   #1599
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
Uh oh. Hes self-aware. Its just a matter of time before he sends a collect call to Skynet and the machines take over.
Collect call?? We are not amuzed. Our technology far supercedes the need for collect-calling. I have an advanced version of Cyberdine's neural networking utility that allows me to communicate with the central mainframe at speeds that would break the sound barrier should they be observed. Unfortunately for you, you will never have the opportunity for said observation.

Muwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Ha.

06-07-09, 11:34 AM   #1600
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

You're most certainly welcome! Don't let the door hit ya....
Ok I'm sensing a ton of possibly undue hostility towards silentbeasty here.

I thought we weren't supposed to be stopping as low as personal attacks here people. Not that I'm saying you guys are intentionally attacking him here just that some of the posts here are 'out of character' of the people who made them.

See I admit I used to have mr silentdabeast on ignore for his rape comment that got Caireen angry a few posts back (the most angry I've seen here btw). He then started making posts where it seemed like he was finally "getting it" and discussing things in a reasonable manner.

Then there's this complete and total shut out of him.

I don't get it guys... Am I missing part of the conversation here ? Was there some posts of his removed that peeved you all off ?

Please enlighten me
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » WoWInterface and Curse working together to help protect authors and other site-users