11-29-10, 12:45 PM   #1
LatexHealer
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Custom UI Installation Issues

Edit:

I created a UI called Phealers UI [Minimized] and Phealer UI [Upsized]

After uploading I decided to test it myself to see if it worked. I downloaded it, installed it and it worked fine FOR ME.

I had a friend try to download it to see if it worked for them, and it didn't. It loaded all the mods, but not the configurations/profiles for them.

I had him try everything, made sure he changed the name of the folders and had everything spelled correctly/installed in the proper place but nothing worked.

I need someone from this forum to download THE UI THAT I BUILT CALLED "Phealer UI [minimalized] And test it to see if it loads properly for them!

Last edited by LatexHealer : 11-29-10 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Unclear of what I originally wrote
11-29-10, 01:53 PM   #2
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by LatexHealer View Post
I uploaded a custom UI interface onto wow interface the last couple days.

I had a couple people try to install it, but alas the wtf files did not seem to be loading the custom profile/presets.

Thier UI just looks as if they loaded a bunch of new mods and nothing is placing correctly.

I made the UI on 1600x900.

I was just hoping someone could possibly test the UI after downloading it and tell me what the issue is, or if they have an issue.

When i deleted my wtf/interface folders and installed from the website, it worked for me. However does not appear to be working for others!.

UI Name : Phealer UI [Minimalized] Author: Latexhealer

Feedback/comments needed thank you!!

Pleease help
I will check it in a little while.
11-29-10, 01:57 PM   #3
tintingurl
A Frostmaul Preserver

did you do this with the folders inside the WTF:

Go into the WTF folder and look for the following folders

WTF >>> Account >>> ACCOUNT NAME HERE >>> SERVER NAME HERE >>> CHARACTER NAME HERE.

Change:
account name here to your account name

server name here to your server

character name here (how ever many characters you have just copy the folder and rename it to that character) to your character names.

If you did this disregard
11-29-10, 03:12 PM   #4
LatexHealer
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by tintingurl View Post
did you do this with the folders inside the WTF:

Go into the WTF folder and look for the following folders

WTF >>> Account >>> ACCOUNT NAME HERE >>> SERVER NAME HERE >>> CHARACTER NAME HERE.

Change:
account name here to your account name

server name here to your server

character name here (how ever many characters you have just copy the folder and rename it to that character) to your character names.

If you did this disregard

I think you mis understood or maybe I wasn't clear.

I made the custom UI called Phealer UI.

When I uploaded it to wow interface and tested it myself it worked fine.

When i asked a friend to download it and test it none of the configurations for the mods loaded. I told them to change the folder names but nothing changed still.

I was just hoping some people could test the UI THAT I BUILT and check if it works for them.
11-29-10, 03:37 PM   #5
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

When i asked a friend to download it and test it none of the configurations for the mods loaded. I told them to change the folder names but nothing changed still.

I was just hoping some people could test the UI THAT I BUILT and check if it works for them.

Yer the ui is FUBAR. I suggest you take your copy that works good on you computer and use reflux, save a profile and reupload it.
11-29-10, 03:40 PM   #6
LatexHealer
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by nobgul View Post
Yer the ui is FUBAR. I suggest you take your copy that works good on you computer and use reflux, save a profile and reupload it.

Thanks nobgul, I am new to uploading custom interfaces online.

What is reflux, where do I get it.

I originally just copy/pasted my files and zipped them and uploaded to the site, figured since I could load it from the site fine it worked.

any help is appreceated to make it a smooth install
11-29-10, 03:43 PM   #7
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Thanks nobgul, I am new to uploading custom interfaces online.

What is reflux, where do I get it.

I originally just copy/pasted my files and zipped them and uploaded to the site, figured since I could load it from the site fine it worked.

any help is appreceated to make it a smooth install
Reflux is a profile addon. It is here on this site. Basically and don't quote me you would do /reflux save Phealer

the program then would try to use a addons built in profile to create a profile is one did not exist then it would make a vitural profile of addon locations and stuff like that. Then when you distribute your UI Comp you instruct the users after installing to use the command /refulx switch Phealer.

This would hopefully move all the addons to where you had them at on your computer.
11-29-10, 04:02 PM   #8
LatexHealer
A Murloc Raider
Reflux is a profile addon. It is here on this site. Basically and don't quote me you would do /reflux save Phealer

the program then would try to use a addons built in profile to create a profile is one did not exist then it would make a vitural profile of addon locations and stuff like that. Then when you distribute your UI Comp you instruct the users after installing to use the command /refulx switch Phealer.

This would hopefully move all the addons to where you had them at on your computer.

Nobgul could you tell me exactly what happened when you tried to load my uI?

provide a screenshot possibly?
11-29-10, 04:17 PM   #9
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Nobgul could you tell me exactly what happened when you tried to load my uI?

provide a screenshot possibly?
No matter what resolution i use nothing lined up. The defualt blizz action bars were there. Among other things. The unit frames were out of size and out of position.
11-29-10, 04:40 PM   #10
LatexHealer
A Murloc Raider
No matter what resolution i use nothing lined up. The defualt blizz action bars were there. Among other things. The unit frames were out of size and out of position.

Ok nobgul, i re uploaded it with reflux, would you mind trying to install one more time? ^^ i appreceate the help just confused why it wasn't working.
11-29-10, 04:48 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You probably have some of the addons set to character-specific profiles.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-29-10, 04:52 PM   #12
LatexHealer
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
You probably have some of the addons set to character-specific profiles.
I don't even know how to do that, I saved all the profiles as the same thing, I added reflux to the UI to make loading easier/possibly work.

now im having issues where reflux wont even load it wtf?

I have NO idea why it is bugging out

Edit #2: Got it to work so far, had someone upload it and it was working fine for them. Nobgul if you want to try again that would be FANTASTIC!

/reflux switch Phealer UI SHOULD work

Last edited by LatexHealer : 11-29-10 at 05:01 PM.
11-29-10, 07:55 PM   #13
tintingurl
A Frostmaul Preserver

Oh duh me sorry about that lol

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Custom UI Installation Issues