02-17-12, 06:51 PM   #1
Myrdyn57
A Defias Bandit
Talking Tukui & Elvui

Has anyone thought of putting Tukui and Elvui edits into Featured Projects, just wondering!!!. As anyone who has used these great UI's would know, they probably deserve their own catagory
02-17-12, 07:35 PM   #2
tintingurl
A Frostmaul Preserver

I think Elvui no longer uploads here they do it on curseforge now.
02-18-12, 03:18 PM   #3
Myrdyn57
A Defias Bandit
That may be true, but most of Tukui edits seem to be on this site and I find them a lot easier to navigate here than on curseforge.
02-18-12, 06:50 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I don't believe we have any plans to make a TukUI section in the featured projects currently. If you wish to find all of the TukUI edits, most of them list TukUI in the description (if not the name of the project itself), so you can search within descriptions for TukUI.

/edit: in addition, I believe that you can find all of the edits already on the TukUI forums.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-18-12, 09:49 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Frankly I'd rather see the "Featured Projects" section pared down some.

I think it's a good idea for things like nUI or RDX, that both (a) do not fit well in any specific other category, (b) are probably not what the majority of people browsing, say, Unit Frame addons are looking for, and (c) have tons of addons/plugins.

On the other hand, I don't think it works well for things like Iriel's Castle or Tekkub's Emporium of Random Crap. If I want to see a list of all the addons Tekkub wrote, I can just click on his name. I think it would be far more useful to have these addons in the categories that actually describe their purpose; eg. FuzzyLogic would be in the Hunter category, Squeenix would be in the Map category, etc. This way, people looking for a minimap addon might actually find Tekkub's minimap addon.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Tukui & Elvui