08-11-05, 02:01 AM   #1
Devla
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
UI Fonts

Well I messed around with some fonts in the past for QT UI, basically using Led Mirage's idea and modifying the Blizzard fonts.xml file.

Some people have commented that my choice of fonts were a bit 'wierd', and wanted something easier to read.

I went through about 750 fonts tonight and found a few I liked. Two are fairly simplistic, the other leans towards the gothic style.

Anyway, please post your opinions

1) Streetcorner Slanted (chat in italics) Font

2) Dustismo Font

3) Zerothrees Font

4) Streetcorner (chat normal) Font

Thanks!

Last edited by Devla : 08-12-05 at 12:12 PM.
08-11-05, 12:29 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Toss up between the first (Streetcorner) or second (Dustismo) for me. Don't like the third (Zerothrees) at all. MO.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
08-11-05, 03:24 PM   #3
Firedancer
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I agree with Cairenn. I like the first two and don't really care for the third. I would pick the second one if I had to choose one that I liked the most. The offset numbers annoy me less than the zero with the line through it, and both fonts are very readable.

FWIW, I currently use FranklinGothicMediumCondensed (FRAMDCN.TTF) in place of most of the game, chat, and number fonts. I did keep Morpheus and the instances of FrizQuadrata that are huge and readable (player name, zone text, worldmap) though.
08-11-05, 03:26 PM   #4
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
I like the 2nd one although the 1st one isnt bad either... looks alot like Vendra.
08-11-05, 03:51 PM   #5
MadCow
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Man..I like all 3. Ive been using the new font you included in your UI which looks alot like #3 and I have noticed that it gets hard to read sometimes especially with smaller fonts ( the letters seem to run together)

Love the uI by the way
08-11-05, 06:13 PM   #6
Arouin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Fonts..

I vote for #1. I acutally ike that so much I'm going to have to go internet surfing to find it

*Arouin
08-11-05, 08:56 PM   #7
Devla
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Firedancer
The offset numbers annoy me less than the zero with the line through it
Hmm really..I've been playing with #2 for a bit and the offset numbers are starting to get on my nerves. I tried mixmatching for numbers only, which doesn't work too well. I'd prefer one fonttype than a few different ones. Also #2 nameplates look a little odd.

I think overall I like #1 the best..as far as readability and overall looks. Still needs some tweaking on sizes though, which I'm doing now. I'll probably include both if/when I release them.

#3 looks alot like SF Archery which I use in QT UI, and that Servantes uses in SexyFonts (eww I feel dirty now). I still need to test this font more before I make a decision on it

Thanks everyone for the input, more is always welcome
08-11-05, 09:07 PM   #8
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi Devla, Good to see more fonts mods being worked on.
Personally I vote for #1.

I did have one silly question though if you don't mind. Is there a simple way to make the fonts in the chatboxes not in italics? That drove me nuts when I was using Insomniax.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

08-11-05, 09:21 PM   #9
Devla
A Cobalt Mageweaver

yes, lemme try #1 without italics and i'll post a shot

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » UI Fonts