12-01-16, 08:33 PM   #1
astrixnix
A Murloc Raider
Unit Frames Reverse Direction Question

I like the old school look, of a full red bar for full health, and it goes black/see through as it goes away, that works when I have reverse bar direction ticked, but it reverses my fury too. My fury is full red and goes away to the black/see through when it fills. Is there anyway to fix this or alter this? I like the health bar with reverse direction and the power bar with non reverse. Help?
12-04-16, 07:32 PM   #2
astrixnix
A Murloc Raider
Anyone?

I tried editing the lua file in:

Interface -> Addons -> nibRealUI -> HuD -> UnitFrames -> Shared.lua

between 219 and 226 I change the Rage to false, and it still showed up as true in my game. I'm just trying to get my health bar reversed and my power bar to stay NOT reverse, but checking the check box, and editing the lua file, to no avail. Help?

Last edited by astrixnix : 12-04-16 at 07:47 PM.
12-06-16, 02:52 PM   #3
gathorn
A Kobold Labourer
I have the same question/request. I like the Health bars showing as reverse filling (emptying?), but its confusing if the rage/pain etc bars are already full and "empty" as you gain that resource.
12-07-16, 08:29 AM   #4
astrixnix
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by gathorn View Post
I have the same question/request. I like the Health bars showing as reverse filling (emptying?), but its confusing if the rage/pain etc bars are already full and "empty" as you gain that resource.
Yeah, I tried the lua edit like I found in a similar post about someone asking about mana, but no luck. I contacted the author on here and have also consulted reddit. This is a GREAT UI and this is my only downfall about it. I'm not asking them to rewrite the entire thing, lol. Just show me how to fix it.

If I find out anything I will let you know man.
12-12-16, 03:17 PM   #5
Myrkul
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by astrixnix View Post
Anyone?

I tried editing the lua file in:

Interface -> Addons -> nibRealUI -> HuD -> UnitFrames -> Shared.lua

between 219 and 226 I change the Rage to false, and it still showed up as true in my game. I'm just trying to get my health bar reversed and my power bar to stay NOT reverse, but checking the check box, and editing the lua file, to no avail. Help?

This is basically how I have mine setup (i.e. hp bar shows full color and resource bar is empty and fills). I've checked the box in game for "reverse bar direction", and I've edited the shared.lua to "false" for the various resources. I can't comment on the exact lines, but it should be a list of the resources (e.g. mana, rage, etc.). As a note, the resource bar fills from the center outwards, and, likewise, the hp bar will deplete from the center outwards.

If you're having problems changing the trues to falses in the lua, I would only edit when the game is closed, and edit the file while using admin privileges. You will also need to change it after every update, because the file gets overwritten.

Hope this helps!
12-12-16, 07:06 PM   #6
astrixnix
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Myrkul View Post
This is basically how I have mine setup (i.e. hp bar shows full color and resource bar is empty and fills). I've checked the box in game for "reverse bar direction", and I've edited the shared.lua to "false" for the various resources. I can't comment on the exact lines, but it should be a list of the resources (e.g. mana, rage, etc.). As a note, the resource bar fills from the center outwards, and, likewise, the hp bar will deplete from the center outwards.

If you're having problems changing the trues to falses in the lua, I would only edit when the game is closed, and edit the file while using admin privileges. You will also need to change it after every update, because the file gets overwritten.

Hope this helps!
Hmm..

So it would seem that it worked for you, I will have to try it again and make sure I'm saving the file, etc.

Just to clarify, you went into config in game, reversed the bars, then exited and I'm assuming since you reversed them in game, that made them true in the lua, so you had to turn them to false and then reload the game?

Maybe I just didn't do it right, lol.

*edit* turns out I wasn't running as administrator. I used notepad++ to do it and it worked! Thanks

Last edited by astrixnix : 12-12-16 at 07:21 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » Unit Frames Reverse Direction Question