04-19-07, 10:45 AM   #1
joemawma
A Murloc Raider
Fubar Issues - Not displaying profile correctly on load, bad plugins

I've been using Fubar for some time, and it's been great - and trouble-free until recently. Within the last few days, it has begun to exhibit some strange behavior, and I was hoping for some suggestions. First, when I log in, my Fubars are blank - no plugins show. When I right-click and view the profile selected, the correct one is chosen - if I switch to another (say, default), then switch back, it displays correctly, sort of. By that, several plug-ins appear with changes: for instance, MailFu appears with both the envelope icon and text, despite the fact that "show text" is deselected. Another example is that MetaMapFu appears with its button attached to the minimap, even though I had it disabled altogether.

A possibly related problem is that some plugins have or had stopped working altogether. GarbageFu appears, but does not work - even a right-click to show options lists none, not even an option to disable. ItemBonusesFu and DurabilityFu had both shown similar behavior, but I deleted the .lua and .lua.bak files in the WTF folder for each, and they now work correctly. This approach did not work with GarbageFu.

Last note: I've used the update utility, so its likely that is when any changes might have occurred. My own (uninformed) opinion is that some dependency might have changed, causing the other problems, perhaps?

Any thoughts/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by joemawma : 04-19-07 at 10:50 AM.
04-19-07, 11:05 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Two questions:

1. Are you using embedded libs (with the libraries each addon needs inside of each addon folder) or standalone libs (with the libraries pulled out into the AddOns folder, for all mods to share)?

2. When you used the WAU, did you download with externals or without externals?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-19-07, 11:17 AM   #3
joemawma
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Seerah
Two questions:

1. Are you using embedded libs (with the libraries each addon needs inside of each addon folder) or standalone libs (with the libraries pulled out into the AddOns folder, for all mods to share)?

2. When you used the WAU, did you download with externals or without externals?
Seerah, in the Addons folder, I only see CrayonLib and nine iterations of Periodic Tables 3.0. I would assume, then, that any others are imbedded. Also, I always download/update with externals, although I must admit I have no idea what that means (feel free to enlighten me ).

Thanks for your help!
04-19-07, 11:31 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You have so many PT3 folders because WAU unpacked it. You can put them back inside the main PT folder if you want, but this way each individual folder will be loaded when needed instead of the whole library.

With externals means that it includes the libraries with the addon's download (just like if you were downloading off of this site or the files page at wowace). The updated versions of the libraries are pulled and included inside your addon's folder that uses them.

Without externals means that those libraries are not pulled and included with the addons themselves. This is what you would use if you were using standalone libs - since the libraries are in the root AddOns folder, WAU sees that you have them installed and updates them there along with your addons as it goes through the list.

The reason why I asked you those questions was to see if you had the most recent versions of your libraries. If you were using embedded libs, but updated without externals, then those libs inside your FuBar folder, for example, would not get updated along with the addon itself. Sometimes having updated addons but out-of-date libraries can cause some issues. Especially if there was a bug fix or a change to the library.

I'm not exactly sure why you are having this problem, as I'm not familiar with all of the ins and outs of Ace2 mods and what libraries do, how to identify problems, etc. Are you getting any errors at all? Try updating again, this time go into the preferences in WAU and have it delete before extracting - this will do clean installs of all of your addons, by deleting the old version before unpacking the zip of the new.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-19-07, 12:04 PM   #5
joemawma
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Seerah
You have so many PT3 folders because WAU unpacked it. You can put them back inside the main PT folder if you want, but this way each individual folder will be loaded when needed instead of the whole library.

With externals means that it includes the libraries with the addon's download (just like if you were downloading off of this site or the files page at wowace). The updated versions of the libraries are pulled and included inside your addon's folder that uses them.

Without externals means that those libraries are not pulled and included with the addons themselves. This is what you would use if you were using standalone libs - since the libraries are in the root AddOns folder, WAU sees that you have them installed and updates them there along with your addons as it goes through the list.

The reason why I asked you those questions was to see if you had the most recent versions of your libraries. If you were using embedded libs, but updated without externals, then those libs inside your FuBar folder, for example, would not get updated along with the addon itself. Sometimes having updated addons but out-of-date libraries can cause some issues. Especially if there was a bug fix or a change to the library.

I'm not exactly sure why you are having this problem, as I'm not familiar with all of the ins and outs of Ace2 mods and what libraries do, how to identify problems, etc. Are you getting any errors at all? Try updating again, this time go into the preferences in WAU and have it delete before extracting - this will do clean installs of all of your addons, by deleting the old version before unpacking the zip of the new.
Thanks, I'll try your suggestion when I get home, plus I'll check for errors. Thanks for the information as well!
04-19-07, 01:06 PM   #6
asengul
A Murloc Raider
actually i'm going to make a guess and say you just updated to the new fubar-bagfu

this is simple to fix, as many ppl have had this issue

go back to an older version of bagfu

the author included some bad libs in there and it messes up several of the plugins and he's trying to say it the user's fault instead of his bad coding

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Fubar Issues - Not displaying profile correctly on load, bad plugins