08-20-12, 08:48 PM   #1
neerdeth
A Defias Bandit
all targeted?

I'm looking for an addon that tell whether all raid dps is on the same target.
08-20-12, 09:49 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't know of any dedicated addons for that purpose, but you could use any of the numerous tooltip addons that show you which group members are targeting the unit (eg. mouse over a unit nobody should be hitting, and see who is targeting it), or a combat meter addon showing damage taken by NPCs.

Or, here is a macro that will tell you which raid members are targeting a unit they can attack that is not the same as your target:
Code:
/run local g, n, t, u = UnitGUID, UnitName, "target"; for i = 1, GetNumRaidMembers() do u = "raid"..i; if g(u..t) ~= g(t) and UnitCanAttack(u, u..t) then print(n(u), "is targeting", n(u..t)) end end
If you want to use it in parties, change GetNumRaidMembers to GetNumPartyMembers and "raid" to "party".

MoP version:
Code:
/run local g, n, t, b, u = UnitGUID, UnitName, "target", IsInRaid() and "raid" or "party"; for i = 1, GetNumGroupMembers() do u = b..i; if g(u..t) ~= g(t) and UnitCanAttack(u, u..t) then print(n(u), "is targeting", n(u..t)) end end
You'll get false positives if you have an offtank holding another mob, or something, but it shouldn't report healers since it checks to make sure that the target is attackable before reporting.

Last edited by Phanx : 09-05-12 at 08:06 PM.
08-20-12, 10:59 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
There are also tooltip addons that display the target of your mouseover unit (ie, you could mouseover your raid frames to see who/what they have targeted).
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-04-12, 11:16 PM   #4
jedimasterlenny
A Defias Bandit
That macro doesn't work, can you explain why?
09-05-12, 01:23 AM   #5
UrbanArmitage
An Aku'mai Servant
Wow, that's a bit like 'I got in the space shuttle and pushed the 'launch' button and nothing happened. Can you explain why?'

You may need to provide a little more information before anyone is going to be able to even start trying to help you with your problem.
09-05-12, 01:54 AM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Make sure you read the whole post, and aren't using the WoW 4.x macro in WoW 5.x, or vice versa (I don't know what region you play in, or what patch is current there). Otherwise, yeah, be more specific. Do you get an error message? Do you have error messages enabled under Interface Options > Help? Do you have BugSack or Swatter installed and enabled? Were you in a party or a raid? Were you in a dungeon, a battleground, an arena, or sitting in the auction house? Are you sure any group members were targeting something that (a) was not the same thing you were targeting, and (b) they could attack? etc.
09-05-12, 06:29 AM   #7
zohar101
A Cyclonian

With addons you can do it two ways that I've seen so far.

If you're marking your mob with a mark (skull, square, triangle), you can show on your raidframes if you're using Grid or Vuhdo, what your raid members are targetting in an indicator showing this mark. That way you scan your raid and watch for raid marks (that in this case will show their target's mark, not their own mark) which should tell you who's doing what.

Otherwise, use an addon that will list in a tooltip who's targetting a mob. Like:
http://www.wowace.com/addons/magic-targets/
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...93-TipTac.html

Some unitframes may also offer you the option to list all raiders targetting your currently targetted unit, like XPerl.
09-05-12, 09:22 AM   #8
jedimasterlenny
A Defias Bandit
I was using the 5.x macro in version 5.0.4, i play on Bleeding hollow which is a US server. I have tried it in a battleground while in a raid, I have tried it in Tol Barad while in a raid, I have tried it in the open arena in Nagrand while in a raid (all the while using the "raid" functions not the "party" ones).

When I use the macro, nothing happens at all, no errors, no indication that the macro has even been used.
09-05-12, 10:16 AM   #9
jedimasterlenny
A Defias Bandit
GetNumRaidMembers has been changed to GetNumGroupMembers
09-05-12, 08:09 PM   #10
Phanx
Cat.

You should definitely have been getting a Lua error on activating the macro, then. For future debugging, please make sure you have Lua errors displayed:

(a) Install the BugSack addon.

or:

(b) Open the Interface Options window, click the Game tab, click the Help list item, and check the "Display Lua Errors" option.

BugSack is best. The default error display can't detect errors that occur while logging in, and can't save errors for later if they pop up at an inconvenient time (eg. in the middle of combat), but it's better than nothing.

Anyway, I fixed the macro in my previous post. If you encounter any more problems with it, please report back with the actual error message.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » all targeted?