02-26-17, 06:12 PM   #1
seyan777
An Aku'mai Servant
Is there any utility library that has a snapping frame feature?

Howdy!

The title says pretty much all.

I'm looking for a library that offers a snapping frame feature.

For example, if FrameA's left side is close enough to FrameB's right side, set FrameA's point to

Code:
FrameA:SetPoint("LEFT", FrameB, "RIGHT", 0, 0);
and so on.

I'm pretty sure I have gone through every single library addons listed on Curse, but no luck

Details! has a similar feature to this, but was not easy to figure with

If there is no such library exists yet, what would be the best practice to achieve this?

I'm currently planning to go through the web and search about snapping window algorithm or something.

Any ideas, please?

Cheers!

Last edited by seyan777 : 02-26-17 at 06:16 PM.
02-26-17, 07:55 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
There is the FlyPaper library which is used in Dominos, or the SimpleSticky library used in Bartender.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-26-17, 08:29 PM   #3
seyan777
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
There is the FlyPaper library which is used in Dominos, or the SimpleSticky library used in Bartender.
Sweet! Glad that there are some examples I can refer to

Both, FlyPaper and SimpleSticky are embedded into each addons, but not uploaded standalone on Curse and prolly that's why I could've not found them.
(Maybe removed as they were not updated or something. I don't know )

Thank you for the info, Seerah!
02-26-17, 08:46 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You're welcome! They were basically written for those addons, but are available for others to use.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Is there any utility library that has a snapping frame feature?