12-21-10, 10:48 PM   #1
fireoasis
A Defias Bandit
Angry Quest Giver Icon

I have attempted to de-select the mini map feature to show quest givers all the time. With the changes to the game despite having my loremaster title I have these icons -everywhere- as blizzard wiped old quest data. I have selected the quest mark icon on the mini map and go to where the icon for the quest givers is listed. I've tried to select it, de-select it, right click it, left click it. Nothing makes these darn things go away. Please help.

12-22-10, 07:41 AM   #2
Wyldhunt
A Fallenroot Satyr
I'm not at my WoW PC right now, so I can't give you a detailed answer...
I can give you a general idea, maybe. I just don't remember which menu the option is in...

Right click the map and choose options (Or any of the other ways of opening the option panel).
In one of those menus, you'll find an option to select how many levels above your characters level a quest has to be before it is hidden. It'll also have an option to choose how many levels below your characters level that it needs to be before it's hidden.
By default, it is set to show all quests up to 85 levels beneath your characters level (So, all of the quests).
You should be able to set that to 0 or 1 and have a much reduced list of quests showing up.

If anyone remembers the exact menu that option is in, feel free to mention. Otherwise, I'll try to remember to update this next time I play WoW.

12-22-10, 08:32 AM   #3
Jigain
A Molten Giant

On your Quest Watch window, there are four round buttons. One of these (the third one, I believe) toggles the display of questgivers with beige (all), blue (dailies only), or dim (none).

12-22-10, 06:00 PM   #4
fireoasis
A Defias Bandit
Thank You

On good lord thank you so much. That much crap on my screen was enough to make me uninstall the whole thing. I am guessing somewhere along the line I clicked the little circle, and didn't notice. Thank you again !

12-23-10, 05:01 AM   #5
Jigain
A Molten Giant

You're welcome.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest Giver Icon