12-11-06, 11:56 PM   #441
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sorry, there's really not much you can do. I haven't even asked the beta testers to try anything out yet. The problem is that, even skipping the unit frame stuff, there's just a crap ton of details to go through. The general nature of this project just makes it very time consuming to cover all the ground. So, here's where it stands.

1) I got MazzleOptions Ace2'd tonight. I still have to go through all the options and check against the vast changes in add-ons settings that has been ocurring with 2.0. All of the FAQs probably need re-checking too.

2) I also figured out a way to get paging to work pretty much how it worked before. I reconverted the DAB layouts with this new scheme, and it seems to behave correctly. Nonetheless, I still need to go through all the button layouts and adjust the positioning of the floaters whose anchors didn't translate well.

3) I have to get the hot-swapping raid layouts going again. oRA no longer has the same exact MT window options, so that will need some modification. Fortunately, we have more room now that NeedyList is no longer usable.

4) There are still several add-ons that don't have 2.0 versions yet. I need to either look at these or find replacements. I might hold off on this until the next version. Nonetheless, I've already replaced several add-ons, so I'll need to get their settings into the Mazzifier and MazzleOptions.

5) I need to re-add all the add-on modifications I made. Stuff like the sraid layout stuff and ability to shut stuff off in the efficiency modes.

6) DUF still has problems. Tiger is working with some guy from the Discord forums named Mud to fix those.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 12-11-06 at 11:59 PM.

12-12-06, 12:24 AM   #442
Boethius
A Murloc Raider
Hey Mazz, what was going on when you mouse'd over someone's items in Inspect, or clicked a link in trade/guild and it showed where those items dropped. Was that something that was going on with TinyTip, or a loot addon? I wouldn't mind updating the addon if it hasn't been already to get that functionality back while I wait for the finished product.

12-12-06, 05:28 AM   #443
Doobyman
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the constant updates Mazzle, we really appreciate all the work you do.

Let me know if you want me to be a beta tester

12-12-06, 01:30 PM   #444
Arkaneus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

2.0 addons

Mazzle,

I have been going through, and I have a current up do date copy of every addon that currently works with patch 2.0 IF there is anyhting that you need to help you continue the process for MazzleUI please feel free to contact me here and I will be more then happy to get you what you need.

I am noticing that the mods that we are used are out, jut under different names. This poses a problem as noone know what they are anymore, but I can share what I have found and what I learned if you are interested.

12-12-06, 02:08 PM   #445
trickdaemon
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Boethius
Hey Mazz, what was going on when you mouse'd over someone's items in Inspect, or clicked a link in trade/guild and it showed where those items dropped. Was that something that was going on with TinyTip, or a loot addon? I wouldn't mind updating the addon if it hasn't been already to get that functionality back while I wait for the finished product.
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Mendeleev.html

um theres a beta of DAB on curse http://wow.curse-gaming.com/en/files...rs-v3-18-beta/

I believe it is fan-made but still working.

Last edited by trickdaemon : 12-12-06 at 09:14 PM.

12-12-06, 11:22 PM   #446
bacon360
A Theradrim Guardian
Does anyone remembers the hotkeys that mazzle used for a priest class? I really wanted to get used to them like that, but I didn't even think to right them down. I wanted to configure what I got now to those hotkeys.

12-13-06, 12:10 AM   #447
CustomFark
A Fallenroot Satyr
It depended on whether you had the 'Healing' or 'Shadow' tab pressed! But with the healing tab pressed it was Renew '1', Flash '2', Heal '3', GHeal '4', PoH '5', Racial spell (i'm a dwarf so it was DesPrayer) '6', Fade 'X'.
SW:P 'Alt-1', MindB 'Alt-2', Smite 'Alt-3', ManaB 'Alt-4', HolyFire 'Alt-5', HolyNova (talent dependent) G.

Can't for the life of me remember what the buttons were for shadow spec (was only shadow for 1/2 a day when i got Mazzle), and i only remember what the standard layout was for the left side of the map:

Top Row (right to left): PrayFort 'Crt-5', PW:Fort 'Ctr-4', PrayShadow 'Ctr-3', ShadProt 'Ctr-2', PraySpi 'Ctr-1', Fearward 'Sft-Z', PW:S 'Z', Abolish 'Alt-D', Dispel 'Sft-D'.
Bottom Row (r to l): Scream 'V', Soothe 'Alt-S', Vision 'Ctr-V', MC 'Sft-V', Shackle 'Alt-V', InnerFire 'Alt-R', Rez 'Ctr-R.

Do remember that Inner Fire (if u had it) was bound to the ~ key (on a mac key directly left of Z, don't know if different on a PC) as i kept using it instead of summoning my Ram which was 'Shift-~', that was probably just stupidity on my part, but the amount of times i had blue glowing hands on the way to raids was unbelievable :P

Anyways hope this ^^ has been of help, if i remember the other bindings i'll post them.

Last edited by CustomFark : 12-13-06 at 03:44 AM.

12-13-06, 12:45 AM   #448
CustomFark
A Fallenroot Satyr
um theres a beta of DAB on curse http://wow.curse-gaming.com/en/files...rs-v3-18-beta/

I believe it is fan-made but still working.
Having checked through the code and compared it to the DAB port i've been working on, it is just a port with a few bug fixes, due to the nature of the secure code that Blizz have implemented for buttons in combat, this port would be ok if ur a priest/pally for eg, where u choose ur button config using a control box (this is going from the Mazz layouts) then use the bindings etc, but for a Hunter (or another class that used a paging system dependent on stance) where the bar would change if 1) ur range to target changed or 2) U pressed a control button to change stance ie Warriors, this functionality is now benign.

Unfortunately i can't check this port further as the European realms are currently down, for another 3hrs 15 mins (unless Blizz decide to change things, as they normally do the week after a major patch), but my guess is the code i can see will either cause a lot of errors etc, or legality issues!

When i can get on i'll re-post my findings, gotta love having days off!!

Side note: Keep up the good work Mazz/Tiger we're all routing for you.

12-13-06, 11:41 AM   #449
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Support CT Raid, and out-of-range display on frames?

Two questions:

My guild uses CT Raid. I don't see them switching to the one in the compilation. Is it as easy as disabling this one and adding CT_Raid to my addons? Or is it compatible enough with the latest release of CT that I can just tell the RL to ignore the fact that my CT isn't reporting the correct version?

Also, I'm about to load it, but a question I know that I have (and I suspect others), will the frames show you if the person is out-of-range? The reason I ask is because I like using clique as my Decurse tool, but I need a frame (like Grid) that easily shows if a person if OOR, as well as Cursed/Poisoned/etc (wwhich I assume these frames do).

Thanks bythe way. The compilation looks awesome, and even though I had spent many MANY hours working on redoing my own UI already, this looks MORE then good enough to scrap my current efforts and give it a shot.

*Edit*

I just (foolishly) noticed that this is not the 2.0 release. Still, curious if you know the answer to these questions as they pertain to the upcoming release.

Last edited by Arkive : 12-13-06 at 12:11 PM.

12-13-06, 12:14 PM   #450
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Originally Posted by Arkive
My guild uses CT Raid. I don't see them switching to the one in the compilation. Is it as easy as disabling this one and adding CT_Raid to my addons? Or is it compatible enough with the latest release of CT that I can just tell the RL to ignore the fact that my CT isn't reporting the correct version?
oRA2 is 100% compatible with CTRaid. They won't even know you're using another mod, except that it will say CT isn't reporting the correct version. Everything else works together seamlessly.

Also, I'm about to load it,
Don't bother at the moment. It's not updated for 2.0. That is a work in progress right now.

but a question I know that I have (and I suspect others), will the frames show you if the person is out-of-range? The reason I ask is because I like using clique as my Decurse tool, but I need a frame (like Grid) that easily shows if a person if OOR, as well as Cursed/Poisoned/etc (wwhich I assume these frames do).
I can't answer that one... anyone else?

I just (foolishly) noticed that this is not the 2.0 release. Still, curious if you know the answer to these questions as they pertain to the upcoming release.
Doh... I didn't notice your edit until now... so my "don't bother" statement wasn't necessary. Oops.

12-13-06, 01:04 PM   #451
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Thanks for the reply Joy, appreciate the info. I'm definitely curious about the out-of-range question though as the cleanliness of the UI will depend greatly upon it (I'd hate to clutter it up by having to use Grid or another supplemental raid frame).

12-13-06, 01:55 PM   #452
Tenagra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for the reply Joy, appreciate the info. I'm definitely curious about the out-of-range question though as the cleanliness of the UI will depend greatly upon it (I'd hate to clutter it up by having to use Grid or another supplemental raid frame).

I'm using sRaidframes(which is what provides the actual mazzle raidframes i think) and i believe(90+% sure) it has an out of range option, though i've never actually used it to know how well it works.

T

12-13-06, 02:13 PM   #453
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Also, I'm about to load it, but a question I know that I have (and I suspect others), will the frames show you if the person is out-of-range? The reason I ask is because I like using clique as my Decurse tool, but I need a frame (like Grid) that easily shows if a person if OOR, as well as Cursed/Poisoned/etc (wwhich I assume these frames do).
Umm, huh? Why would raid or party frames disappear when out of range? I don't know of any add-ons that behave that way.

12-13-06, 02:47 PM   #454
Tenagra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Umm, huh? Why would raid or party frames disappear when out of range? I don't know of any add-ons that behave that way.
I think he was just referring to the raid frames letting you know when someone is out of range. sraidframes changes the frame background color if someone is cursed, and also has options to change them for situations like gaining aggro, and i think i remember an option for an OOR check. I'll look when i get home tonight

Edit: I checked and in addition to highlighting frames of people who have debuffs like curses, it dims if the player is OOR.

Last edited by Tenagra : 12-13-06 at 02:51 PM.

12-13-06, 02:54 PM   #455
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
I just wrote a long post, but have since deleted it since seeing Tenagra's post. Yea, what he said

PS
I have a lot of questions that are probably addressed in the FAQ, so I'll reserve them. Is there a chance we could access the old FAQ since so much of the functionality appears to be kept intact? You know, for those of us who have never used it and can't load it to even see the in-game options/help that's available

12-13-06, 05:02 PM   #456
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I found the lua for the old faq file ... its got all the questions and answers in it ... but in one giant block of text ... if you REALLY wanna read it ... its in the mazzleoptions folder ... mazzlehelp.lua ^^

12-13-06, 07:01 PM   #457
bacon360
A Theradrim Guardian
Thanks CustomFark, that's what I was looking for.

12-13-06, 08:50 PM   #458
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
For anyone else who may have been interested, I posed my question over at the Discord forum and got an answer right from one of the horse's mouths. My question is in italics and the answer immediately follows.

I can't find a FAQ on the updated 2.0 version of DUF, so I'll go ahead and pose my question. Does the new version support the following features (specifically relating to raid frames):

1) Support for a clear indication that someone is cursed/poisoned/etc (this seems like a no-brainer, but wanna be sure), preferably with the ability to show only the debuffs/buff you can cast/cure.

2) Support a clear indication if the person is out-of-range?

I recently discovered MazzleUI and am eager to try the release when it comes out, and since it was stated it will now use DUF instead of agUF, just making sure it meets all my needs. Many thanks...I know you guys (like a lot of authors) have been working hard on chugging this stuff out.

----------------------------------------------------

Mazz and I are working on getting MazzleUI running. It has run with DUF since the beginning. It was only recently with the changes causing DUF to break and loz deciding to not update it in lieu of working on DUB instead, that we decided to switch to ag_UF. Now that DUF is pretty much fully functional (aside from a few bugs we are still working on), there should be no change in how MazzleUI 'looks' or generally operates (from a unit frame perspective).

Generally we are not adding new features into the mod, at least not now, as we are just trying to 'fix' it for WoW2.0, more then add to it.

To directly answer your questions:

1) I'm pretty sure this is possible one way or another. Not too sure if all of this is implemented in Mud's new parsing of the buffs though, Mud?

2) This feature is not implemented (to my knowledge). It has been neither easy nor 'cost' effective to check distance in the past to determine distance, thus the check is not in there. While it may be possible to add it in, we are primarily working on bug fixes and such before we implement such things. The only reason I added the focus frame and click casting is:

The focus frame is a 'major' new feature, which will be used in a very large array of situations, is a feature that the main frames used (to some degree), and was fairly simplistic to add as it used already implemented functionality in one way or another.

The click casting was added because it is now the 'hot' trend, and was only two lines of code to add in (even though I am guessing I probably read some of Mud's changes wrong and added it to the incorrect frame... I think I added it to the parent instead of the 'children' which is why it doesn't work in most situations).

After the rest of DUF is functional I will possibly look into these new 'feature' requests and see how trivial they would be to implement. If it's simple enough I (or Mud I assume) will add it. I suggest any feature requests be added to the google group Mud created, so they aren't lost when this thread hits 40 or 50 pages, and we finish coding it, as I don't know about Mud but I'm not going to go through 50 pages of comments again just to find who wanted us to add something :P.

Mud: I suggest editing your initial post, and adding a link to the google group and adding in NOT to post bug reports in this thread et al, so this thread doesn't continue going ad infitium about 'can you fix this' or 'can you add feature y' or 'my old UI used to wash my dishes, can you make it do that and my laundry too?'. Also perhaps add it to your download page while you're at it .

-TigerHeart

------------------------------

Just so there's no confusion, this is not Tiger. Just posting a response he made to my question in the Discord forums.

Last edited by Arkive : 12-14-06 at 08:40 AM.

12-13-06, 11:13 PM   #459
UncleThursday
A Murloc Raider
Tiger, the raid add on used in the previous version did dim people if they were out of range.

Granted, this only worked in raids, but it was a help instead of getting the "Out of Range" popup on the screen.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...006_211302.jpg

This screenshot shows an example. There are some people out of range for healing or buffs, and as a result, their name plates are slightly dimmer. I found it to be pretty accurate, as well.

12-14-06, 12:00 AM   #460
CustomFark
A Fallenroot Satyr
but a question I know that I have (and I suspect others), will the frames show you if the person is out-of-range? The reason I ask is because I like using clique as my Decurse tool, but I need a frame (like Grid) that easily shows if a person if OOR, as well as Cursed/Poisoned/etc (wwhich I assume these frames do).
I was gunna say that sRaidframes has the functionality to let you know who in the raid is out of reach, its a feature that comes enabled as standard! It will also allow for background colour chamges when debuffed etc (this is not enabled out of the box, but very easy to set).

If u use oRA2 not only will u save memory, CT is a very memory hungry addon, it functions exactly the same as CT, and it will even show - only if u mouse over the raid frame - that ur using CTRA 1.54, this is the same for others looking at ur version, i personally have been running guild raids where i and the other officers use oRA2, while most of the naughty guild members (the ones that don't read the guild forums etc) use CT, we've had no issues what so ever.

Originally Posted by bacon360
Thanks CustomFark, that's what I was looking for.
^^ No Probs, while waiting for Mazzle 2.0 i have nothing else to do early in the morning, i routed through my old DAB settings and looked at a couple of screenshots, thats y the post contradicts itself as to what i remembered, any other questions i'll happily try and answer!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI