10-16-10, 07:01 AM   #1
ShadowProwler420
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

It's Finding an Update When There Is No Update to Be Found

Every time I run Minion, it claims to find and install an update for TradeJunkie. However, according to the download page here at WoWI, there has been no updates released for it since 08-15-2009 11:30 AM. Thus, it continues to pull the same files and claims my files are 'updated'.

Is this something that the author needs to fix or is it in the hands of the Minion devs?

10-16-10, 03:30 PM   #2
Mordreade
A Murloc Raider

My minion does this for all my core addons every time i use it, and has "waiting for <addon>..." for any plugins of the addon. It is rather frustrating, you would think that after all this time they could get it to work right. So far, the only thing I don't like about the Curse updater, is that it wont update addons from other sites like WoWI, wich is rather frustrating also.
So we have 1 updater that works but wont update another sites stuff, and 1 that updates even when its already updated and even when it is 2 years old. Ya, i forgot to delete an old addon I don't use anymore..... but Minion updated it.... with the same 2 year old file.
Frankly, I would suggest you start talking with Curse about using their updater, It actually works and has been for some time now.

blah...... sorry.... just frustrated that we have to have multiple updater's that don't seem to work right, and that manually searching for and downloading addons is more reliable.
12-13-10, 05:50 PM   #3
dragonflyy
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ShadowProwler420 View Post
Every time I run Minion, it claims to find and install an update for TradeJunkie. However, according to the download page here at WoWI, there has been no updates released for it since 08-15-2009 11:30 AM. Thus, it continues to pull the same files and claims my files are 'updated'.

Is this something that the author needs to fix or is it in the hands of the Minion devs?
I am the author of TJ. I went in and deleted the old archives for the addon (two different files had the same version info and that might have caused it.) If that doesn't fix it than I will update the toc to have a newer version and upload that to see if it will fix it. I wish I could just get the time around to actually work on my addon but database updating and mass overtime at work doesn't allow for this. Maybe one day.
12-26-10, 08:24 AM   #4
nimchip
A Kobold Labourer
This happens to me as well. Is there a way we could get a column saying what version we currently have installed so that we don't end up reinstalling every time?

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » It's Finding an Update When There Is No Update to Be Found