02-24-15, 04:55 PM   #1
Schaufel
A Murloc Raider
Lunar Sphere woes

Lunar Sphere was abandoned several years ago, but it still functions for the most part. I can't read code language, so I was just wondering if someone could show me exactly what to edit to make these errors go away (or someone pleasepleaseplease adopt this amazing addon I can't live without?). The first thing is half of my LS buttons are covered in an ugly white box - that's just aesthetic, so while it's ugly, I can live with it. The second problem is this error message that happens whenever I try to cast a spell from one of my LS buttons while moving.

Thanks!

Code:
Message: Interface\AddOns\ErrorMonster\ErrorMonster.lua:19: attempt to index field 'db' (a nil value)
Time: 02/24/15 16:54:00
Count: 4
Stack: Interface\AddOns\ErrorMonster\ErrorMonster.lua:19: in function <Interface\AddOns\ErrorMonster\ErrorMonster.lua:18>
[C]: in function `CastSpellByName'
Interface\FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua:385: in function `handler'
Interface\FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua:649: in function <Interface\FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua:597>
[C]: ?
Interface\FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua:264: in function <Interface\FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua:261>
[C]: ?
Interface\FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua:294: in function <Interface\FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua:277>
(tail call): ?

Locals: self = UIErrorsFrame {
 0 = <userdata>
}
event = "UI_ERROR_MESSAGE"
message = "Can't do that while moving"
r = nil
g = nil
b = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "attempt to index field 'db' (a nil value)"
addon = <unnamed> {
 0 = <userdata>
 Pour = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ErrorMonster\libs\LibSink-2.0\LibSink-2.0.lua:406
 GetSinkAce2OptionsDataTable = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ErrorMonster\libs\LibSink-2.0\LibSink-2.0.lua:493
 SetSinkStorage = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ErrorMonster\libs\LibSink-2.0\LibSink-2.0.lua:706
 RegisterSink = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ErrorMonster\libs\LibSink-2.0\LibSink-2.0.lua:668
 GetSinkAce3OptionsDataTable = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ErrorMonster\libs\LibSink-2.0\LibSink-2.0.lua:557
}
map = <table> {
 SYSMSG = "system"
 UI_ERROR_MESSAGE = "errors"
 UI_INFO_MESSAGE = "information"
}
throttle = <table> {
}
colors = <table> {
 UI_INFO_MESSAGE = <table> {
 }
 UI_ERROR_MESSAGE = <table> {
 }
}
originalOnEvent = <function> defined @Interface\FrameXML\UIErrorsFrame.lua:8
02-25-15, 02:45 AM   #2
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My idea you coud also use oUF_Donut and Ion instead. I don't think its easy to update.
02-25-15, 08:51 AM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

oUF Donut is purely a unit frame addon and wouldn't work as a replacement for Lunar Sphere. Ion, as an action bar replacement addon, is a lot closer for a replacement for "Lunar Sphere". About the only things its' missing are the center orb and the "fly-out" that all buttons in "Lunar Sphere" have. The functionality that the center orb has could probably be replaced by kgPanels with a little bit of work. The "fly-out" buttons are another matter, though. It could probably be done with FlyoutButton Custom, but with the release of WoW 6.1, I don't know, and it might not work with Ion.

Well, anyway, that's my ideas. I don't know if that would work or not.

EDIT: @Tonyleila: I didn't realize you meant to use oUF Donut for the center orb. DOH!! I've got to start reading, instead of "skimming" these posts. /EDIT

EDIT 2: That error looks like it was caused by "ErrorMonster" and not by "LunarSphere". Try disabling "ErrorMonster" and installing !BugGrabber and BugSack. They use the Ace 3 libraries and are up-to-date. The Ace 2 libraries are not, as far as I know, and were abandoned about two years ago. /EDIT 2

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 02-25-15 at 09:40 AM.
02-25-15, 01:01 PM   #4
Schaufel
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the input - I discovered something I was doing wrong that was breaking a lot more of my addons than should have been (I ended up with two WoW installations on separate drives, and my addons were only getting updated on one of them). This error is from LunarSphere:

Code:
Message: Interface\AddOns\LunarSphere\lib\moduleItems.lua:637: bad argument #1 to 'len' (string expected, got nil)
Time: 02/25/15 12:57:44
Count: 1
Stack: [C]: in function `len'
Interface\AddOns\LunarSphere\lib\moduleItems.lua:637: in function `GetItemSpell'
Interface\AddOns\LunarSphere\lib\moduleItems.lua:558: in function `BuildLookupStrings'
Interface\AddOns\LunarSphere\lib\moduleItems.lua:348: in function `OnUpdate'
Interface\AddOns\LunarSphere\lib\moduleItems.lua:258: in function <Interface\AddOns\LunarSphere\lib\moduleItems.lua:258>

Locals: (*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "string expected, got nil"
02-25-15, 02:33 PM   #5
Duugu
Premium Member

If you just would like to get rid of the error then changing line 637 to
Lua Code:
  1. for index = 1, (string.len(itemSpellID[itemCatagory] or 0) / 6) do
probably could fix it.
02-25-15, 03:39 PM   #6
Schaufel
A Murloc Raider
Perfect! Thank you~

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Lunar Sphere woes