12-05-06, 10:07 AM   #1
Tierdar
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ACE2 Issues with my addon package

Well first off happy patch day,

Secondly you will all have to excuse me if there are spelling errors etc., been up for 27 hours straight now thanks to work and trying to get this addon package to work properly for 2.0/TBC. The issue that I am having is every time I right click in my bags or loot using xloot I recieve and error stating that ACE2 is trying to do something only allowed by the blizzard UI and asks me to disable or ignore this problem. Ok simple enough I figured, both the addons Onebag and XLoot used ACE2 embedded libs so I disabled them both and tried again. Now even with the default UI stuff for both looting and bags I still get the ACE2 is trying to perform an action only allowed by the Blizzard UI. Well next step I guess....I disabled ACE2 and go figure next time I tried to do something like looting or rightclicking a drink etc. in my bags I get an error stating that StoptheSpam was doing the same thing ACE2 was doing. Okie dokie disable that one since it does have ACE2 embedded in the addon. Next shot, MobHealth has cause the same error in the same situations listed above. Well its becoming very obvious to me that something in ACE2 is causing everything to bug out including the embedded libs. Anyone happen to have run into the same issue or have a fix that I just havent thought of yet besides dumping the ACE addons?

Any and all help will be appreciated since wowace seems to have blown up for patch day I cant find any info from them obviously.
12-05-06, 10:42 AM   #2
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Get the ActionBlocked addon before the whole beta category is deleted.

That might help you get a bit more detailed info about what specific function was called and what called it.

Those messages especially in the case of libraries are very much inaccurate.
They sort of "cascade" through addons and it's very hard to pinpoint the culprit.
Needless to say none of the addons you disabled was to blame.

If ActionBlocked reports that x addon tried to call TargetUnit() or DoTradeSkill() or whatever (just examples)
do a text search in your AddOns folder to see which addons might be calling the blocked function.

Start by disabling _them_ to see if it goes away.

Hope it helps
12-05-06, 11:05 AM   #3
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Get the ace2 branch from wowace.com/files.
12-05-06, 11:19 AM   #4
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ace2 TBC branch has been merged into trunk a few days ago
12-05-06, 12:12 PM   #5
ckknight
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

It's Ace, not ACE.

Ace is not an acronym.
12-05-06, 12:45 PM   #6
Tierdar
A Fallenroot Satyr

Thanks for the help folks, found 2 addons that were bugged a bit with the Ace2 embedding and replaced them. Everything is up and running with zero errors, now I can go to bed after uploading the package. Thanks again.
12-09-06, 10:09 PM   #7
Triix
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Tierdar
Well first off happy patch day,

Secondly you will all have to excuse me if there are spelling errors etc., been up for 27 hours straight now thanks to work and trying to get this addon package to work properly for 2.0/TBC. The issue that I am having is every time I right click in my bags or loot using xloot I recieve and error stating that ACE2 is trying to do something only allowed by the blizzard UI and asks me to disable or ignore this problem. Ok simple enough I figured, both the addons Onebag and XLoot used ACE2 embedded libs so I disabled them both and tried again. Now even with the default UI stuff for both looting and bags I still get the ACE2 is trying to perform an action only allowed by the Blizzard UI. Well next step I guess....I disabled ACE2 and go figure next time I tried to do something like looting or rightclicking a drink etc. in my bags I get an error stating that StoptheSpam was doing the same thing ACE2 was doing. Okie dokie disable that one since it does have ACE2 embedded in the addon. Next shot, MobHealth has cause the same error in the same situations listed above. Well its becoming very obvious to me that something in ACE2 is causing everything to bug out including the embedded libs. Anyone happen to have run into the same issue or have a fix that I just havent thought of yet besides dumping the ACE addons?

Any and all help will be appreciated since wowace seems to have blown up for patch day I cant find any info from them obviously.

Well i have the same problem as you and i can find out the problem.
I can disenchant thíngs and if i right click to loot i get the error message u got.

I tryied to DL the Actionsblock addon, but it only says that "ace2 performd an iligal action close loot () or something and if i try to DE i get "ace2 has performed... castspell..

And i can´t find any problem , plz help me

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » ACE2 Issues with my addon package