08-29-12, 06:37 AM   #1
Valimonde
Will It Classic's Dad

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looking for an Autobar replacement

I have used Autobar for several years and frankly I can hardly do without it. BUT seeing that each expansion it only gets further and further left behind I come to our awesome community to ask.

Has anyone found a good replacement for autobar?

To be honest I primarily use it for keeping things up to date like potions, food, bandages, travel, mounts and pets. I know I can do this with a macro but it would be nice to have something else to just drop in place like autobar did.

I know oPie (I think thats it) can do it with using the macros BUT the round interface does not fit my over all UI design. . If I have to I can make it fit but when you have had the same layout for years. . yea. . old dog, new tricks kind of thing.

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions.
09-06-12, 06:15 PM   #2
Maggz
A Cyclonian

Autobar like mod?

Would love to see something like autobar updated or rewritten to conform to newer coding IE ace3 instead of it being woven into layer upon layer of partial things from each ace3 and ace2. Huge project i understand, But i for one would LOVE to see it done. i have very limited coding knowledge at this point and have only offered its current author some help in maintaining its partial functionality from cata release to now. Not that he did a bad job with it, however the addon needs a total rewrite at this point. A majority of its functions are no longer needed and could be removed entirely.
09-06-12, 06:36 PM   #3
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I did away with AutoBar years ago in favor of OPie.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
09-06-12, 07:56 PM   #4
Maggz
A Cyclonian

yes i too tried oPie, however i dislike the ring display. Autobar having the actionbars expandable and such is the biggest selling point of how it works, however there has not been any similar addon in terms of its display and functionality since it was developed. the whole single line bar goes inline well with actionbar mods such as bartender and dominos and looks very clean, much cleaner than opie rings do in your UI.
09-06-12, 08:14 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

Flyout Button Custom?
09-06-12, 08:28 PM   #6
Maggz
A Cyclonian

wow, that is definatly something that interests me, until now ive not known what to call those buttons to look for anything similar. TY SO MUCH, this seems like it could do everything autobar can but with better configuration. i dont see that it auto imports things into a button like autobar, but this could definatly be a replacement using newer coding libraries which is really the one major issue behind why autobar is becoming so outdated.
09-07-12, 04:11 PM   #7
Inuka
Buffet might also interest you. It creates macros which will automatically change to the most effective food/drink/pots you have on you, or your hearthstone if you don't have anything.
09-07-12, 07:00 PM   #8
Maggz
A Cyclonian

ty as well, i will take a look at both of these suggestions after im fonally done messing with aonother addon issue. they seem to both be very interesting and able to perform what i am looking for by reading the both of them, tho the "flyout buttons" rely on me clicking the lil tab which isnt a bad thing. it is simply done differently. Tho using that addon with the one your suggesting as well seems to be something that may work, and hopefully be a TON less cpu hog than autobar is currently. ATM autobar is so outdated in its programming that the longer it runs the more memory it uses and it starts out at the top of the amount of ram used list of all the addons i currently have, i dont even think recount surpasses it with an entire nights worth of raiding info.
09-07-12, 09:01 PM   #9
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Maggz View Post
... the "flyout buttons" rely on me clicking the lil tab which isnt a bad thing.
Type "/fbc" to open the options window, then check the "mouseover" option. The options aren't labelled very well, but this option will cause the flyout to open when you mouse over the arrow instead of needing to click it. It does seem a little buggy, though... I had to check and then uncheck "settings" before the mouseover option would actually take effect.
09-07-12, 10:00 PM   #10
Maggz
A Cyclonian

yeah i had toyed alil with it, but in all honesty i think id almost rather not have them open up by mouseover, as when healing autobar auto popup thing kinda annoyed me at times anyhow. could be a good change really.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for an Autobar replacement