12-25-07, 12:39 AM   #501
tecu
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
So, I've been hacking around at the layout of the frame ( http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6z4p4b8&s=1 ), and I'm pretty happy with it so far. My only problem is that the aura text (Ma, Cu, etc.) shows up behind the health bar, rather than on top of it. I edited a line in PerfectRaid_Buffs.lua in the Buffs:UpdateButtonLayout function to this (the rest of the function is unchanged):

137: button.aura:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", button.healthbar, "TOPLEFT", 2, -1)

Do I need to also do a button.aura:SetFrameLevel or something to get this to show up on top of the health bar, or should I do something different?
12-25-07, 11:06 AM   #502
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
You should be able to either re-parent the aura text to to health bar, which would make it display above.. or change the frame level. Lemme know if you can't get it to work.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
12-25-07, 03:31 PM   #503
tecu
An Aku'mai Servant
Oh, duh. Parenting did the trick, thank you!
01-01-08, 06:41 PM   #504
Typrix
A Kobold Labourer
I have been using praid for a while but can't seem to figure this out. Is it possible to create say a 5-group raid frame with 5 headers (ie. Group 1, Group 2, etc) without having to create 5 different entities under the Raid Frames tab?

And it seems that 2 different players from 2 different groups get placed in the same 'block' (ie. group 1 space) when I 'Sort by group' when there's less than 5 people (or whatever number I put in the 'Max units' option) in the first group. In other words, when there's only 1 player in group 1 and another in group 2, they both appear in the group 1 block. What I do now currently is create a new entry for each group individually and put them in place. Just wondering if there's a way to just create 1 entry and yet have the same thing done.

Also will the function to lock the frames be added anytime soon? Kind of irritating to accidentally drag them sometimes. Other than these issues I love this mod.

Last edited by Typrix : 01-01-08 at 06:44 PM.
01-01-08, 08:11 PM   #505
tecu
An Aku'mai Servant
Can't help you with the other stuff, but:

/praid lock
01-02-08, 12:39 AM   #506
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Typrix
I have been using praid for a while but can't seem to figure this out. Is it possible to create say a 5-group raid frame with 5 headers (ie. Group 1, Group 2, etc) without having to create 5 different entities under the Raid Frames tab?
No, this is the nature of the secure template system.

And it seems that 2 different players from 2 different groups get placed in the same 'block' (ie. group 1 space) when I 'Sort by group' when there's less than 5 people (or whatever number I put in the 'Max units' option) in the first group. In other words, when there's only 1 player in group 1 and another in group 2, they both appear in the group 1 block. What I do now currently is create a new entry for each group individually and put them in place. Just wondering if there's a way to just create 1 entry and yet have the same thing done.
There are no divisions between "blocks".. again not supported by Blizzard's template.

Also will the function to lock the frames be added anytime soon? Kind of irritating to accidentally drag them sometimes. Other than these issues I love this mod.
As stated, /praid lock.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-09-08, 01:26 PM   #507
TwoTricky
A Defias Bandit
I used the steps provided in the HOWTO: Change PerfectRaid's Visual Layout thread, but the names look like they are showing behind the health bars instead of over them. This is the first time I have ever changed lua files, so any help you could provide would be great. I love this add on.
01-09-08, 02:42 PM   #508
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Can you paste the relevant portion of code?
01-09-08, 02:48 PM   #509
TwoTricky
A Defias Bandit
I folllowed these steps, but I am not sure about some of the possible extra steps:

How do I put the name inside the health bar?
This one is pretty easy, actually but will take some tweaking to get it to look just right. First off, remember that the frame looks like this by default:

[leftbox][healthbar][rightbox]

and in default mode, the rightbox contains the buff text, and the leftbox contains the name. What you can do to experiment is, change the leftbox to 1 pixel width, and then anchor the name. Do this:

PerfectRaid.lua:697 - Change to button.leftbox:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", button, "BOTTOMLEFT", 1, 0)

PerfectRaid.lua:729/730 - Change these two lines to:
Code:

button.name:SetPoint("LEFT", button.healthbar, "LEFT", 0, 0) button.name:SetPoint("RIGHT", button.healthbar, "RIGHT", 0, 0)
01-09-08, 02:52 PM   #510
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by TwoTricky
I folllowed these steps, but I am not sure about some of the possible extra steps:

How do I put the name inside the health bar?
This one is pretty easy, actually but will take some tweaking to get it to look just right. First off, remember that the frame looks like this by default:

[leftbox][healthbar][rightbox]

and in default mode, the rightbox contains the buff text, and the leftbox contains the name. What you can do to experiment is, change the leftbox to 1 pixel width, and then anchor the name. Do this:

PerfectRaid.lua:697 - Change to button.leftbox:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", button, "BOTTOMLEFT", 1, 0)

PerfectRaid.lua:729/730 - Change these two lines to:
Code:

button.name:SetPoint("LEFT", button.healthbar, "LEFT", 0, 0) button.name:SetPoint("RIGHT", button.healthbar, "RIGHT", 0, 0)
try adding the following:

button.name:SetParent(button.healthbar)
01-12-08, 04:54 PM   #511
Blindjedi
A Defias Bandit
Is there anyway to set this to look like the BC setup you had? Since you have changed the look I have switched to grid but I'm really getting tired of the information display for grid.

I really enjoyed the old layout but find your new one too clunky.

Thanks.
01-12-08, 04:56 PM   #512
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I don't understand what you mean... What changed, and when?
01-12-08, 06:03 PM   #513
Blindjedi
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
I don't understand what you mean... What changed, and when?
http://www.wowace.com/mediawiki/images/4/48/Praid.jpg

The old format I'm refering to. More compact, single column. bars were less intrusive. It was overall one of my favorite mods (I had a really old version for a long time since I edited your code to allow clickcasting from clique =P). I think you changed the look when 2.0 was released and it made me sad. I tried to play around with the settings to make it look like the old one but no dice.
01-12-08, 06:19 PM   #514
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Blindjedi
http://www.wowace.com/mediawiki/images/4/48/Praid.jpg

The old format I'm refering to. More compact, single column. bars were less intrusive. It was overall one of my favorite mods (I had a really old version for a long time since I edited your code to allow clickcasting from clique =P). I think you changed the look when 2.0 was released and it made me sad. I tried to play around with the settings to make it look like the old one but no dice.
That can still all be accomplished, but you cannot have the automatic sorting features like it used to have, and you can't have the breaks between groups like you see in that screenshots.
01-12-08, 06:27 PM   #515
Blindjedi
A Defias Bandit
I used to have it by groups and not by class anyways, never really used the autosort, although I guess when a group was half full it wouldn't leave a blank.

Why can't there be a space between groups? Do you mean with your current setup or in general?

I guess I gotta load it back up again to see if I can tweak it like you say I can =P
01-12-08, 06:31 PM   #516
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Thats just the nature of the secure templates, they don't really have an option for anything like that. As far as tweaking it, you'll need to go into the code itself, but there's a HOWTO in my forums that gives some information that may be useful.

Cheers
01-15-08, 07:18 PM   #517
FTY
A Murloc Raider
Hello once again!

Now Cladhaire I know you are busy and I will gladly wait for your next release or even better more features to perfect raid as long as it will take, but I thought after playing The Burning Crusade for over a year now, and experiencing your addons I'll give you some suggestions, you might find useful or maybe not. I could use the google code pages, but then I couldn't bother you with a wall of text , hope you don't mind.

*Now please note, as stated before, I'm no coder nor do I know if things are possible to do or not, so if they are not just ignore the idea.

- Ability to show yourself in a separate frame, without having to always edit the frame settings /filters i.e. priest, group 2.

- Player targets, or the ability to make a frame consisting of only players you want to have in that frame, filtered by their name (this is mostly similar to MT targets, but I'd rather have them created on my user site, not let the raid leader dictate who I want to have under MTs).

- Target frames with the same minimalistic look of perfect raid. I know probably addons exsist that can me modified to look like that, but clearly having one mod/addon do all this would be amazing.

I am attaching a screenshots, so you can see what I mean with the first two suggestions, in that image Drzook & Everythings were our tanks, they were both in group one and it was easy to filter, same goes because it was Zul'Aman, only 10 men raid, sometimes in 25+ raids there is many druids and many warriors, and I often can't really filter tanks from the DPS ones same for feral druids and resotration ones, and I end up with loots of them there in the middle of the screen.

And of course I filter myself out, because looking at the top in the middle of a hefty fight can be slow and kill myself, so I always try to filter myself out, but usually we have more priest or a so called "healing group" where there is 2-3 priests inside, and when I filter priests + group number I end up with me and the other two priests in that frame, which is not exactly what I want.

Anyway, those are my suggestions, feel free to threaten me with the wrath of doom for them , but what can I do. Anyway, as you see the interface I have is pretty minimalistic, thanks to your PerfectRaid and Clique, without it, I would probably just quit playing WOW.

Screenshot

Thanks a lot, I can't say it enough.
01-27-08, 09:37 PM   #518
tecu
An Aku'mai Servant
I'm getting some 'interface action failed' messages, but I'm not seeing any negative impact on the behavior of my UI.

I attached my taint.log; I don't really know if this is the right place for this, so let me know, eh?
Attached Files
File Type: zip taint.log.zip (10.3 KB, 575 views)
01-28-08, 02:03 AM   #519
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Its already been reported thanks.. Will be taken care of, but has no negative effects.
01-28-08, 12:39 PM   #520
tecu
An Aku'mai Servant
All right; thank you for the info. (And sorry for the repeat!)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion/Help