11-24-10, 06:26 PM   #1
rockytrh
A Murloc Raider
Question about quest DB

Did the entire quest database get removed to be redone? All of my outland quests say that the objective is not in the database and when i go to my log, I have no quests listed in the database. I'm assuming that is the situation, but I just didn't want to make more unnecessary work for myself before finishing up outland loremaster.

Edited:

Never mind. I deleted my saved variables (or rather moved them to a backup location) and reinstalled. Worked like a charm after that.

Edited again

Never mind, on new quests from outland they were not found in the database :-( I also cannot search the db. There are no quests in the db.

Last edited by rockytrh : 11-24-10 at 07:19 PM.

11-25-10, 12:27 AM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes, deleted, but it should be showing Blizzard's quest locations. I have seen a quest that Carbonite did not get a location for, but it fixed itself as I tried to debug it. Was reloading and relogging. I'd try that and see if it corrects itself.

I've also seen Blizzard showing a quest in Orgrimmar that was in Northern Barrens, but with a missing position, so it was in some weird spot.

We will be adding quest data back as we collect it.

More info here:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=36983

11-25-10, 12:36 AM   #3
rockytrh
A Murloc Raider
Sounds good. I'll submit my lua after I finish up outland loremaster. Unfortunatly, i did most of it before the 4.03a launch and have deleted my lua. I only have part of Netherstorm and most of Terokkar.

Do I need to quest with /carb unitd on in order for the information to be useful?

11-25-10, 12:44 AM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The quest capture data and gather data was auto deleted in 4.030106 anyway, since we only want latest patch data.

unitd on records NPC locations, so yes. In 4.030107 I disabled the chat message on mouseover (unless ctrl key is down), so it should not be annoying now.

11-25-10, 12:48 AM   #5
rockytrh
A Murloc Raider
Sounds good. I will def. try to do my part in adding back to the db :-)

11-25-10, 01:13 AM   #6
chococat
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

hey i just posted this maybe it'll work for you

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=37022

11-27-10, 04:12 PM   #7
lcoil79
A Murloc Raider
So how will we go about getting this new quest/node data? Will it be included in a future update or is there something we can do to download it?

11-29-10, 11:23 PM   #8
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Haavok manages the database using a program he wrote. It then is exported to me and I build it into the addon files. It is part of the addon.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Question about quest DB