08-30-12, 02:51 PM   #1
Coasty
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
nUI_InfoPanel_Profesions

This nUI InfoPanel plugin has been around since 2010 and I've found it to be very useful but, unfortunately, with the roll out of patch 5.04 it no longer works. Its most obvious problem is the plugin routine for creating its screen display panel no longer works. I've been using it as a very easy and convenient way to open up Skillet when I need to do some 'professions' work and would dearly love to see the plugin working again.

Would any of you programmer type plugin authors be interested in updating this nUI plugin to work with patch 5.04? It sure would be appreciated.

08-30-12, 03:10 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Have you tried sending a PM to the author. Just in case he is receiving emails when someone messages him.

It is based on one of my plugins which I have since changed. I don't believe he would have a problem if I redo his plugin similarly but I would rather we at least try and give him the chance to make that decision himself.

What I can do is track down what you need to change to make it work. Probably some variable name changes.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

08-31-12, 03:26 AM   #3
UrbanArmitage
An Aku'mai Servant
I am using the InfoPanel Professions addon with nUI 5.07.25 on MoP 5.0.4 at the moment and it is working for me. It does give some Lua errors the first couple of times I switch to the Professions InfoPanel, but afterwards the errors are no longer displayed and the profession buttons work as advertised.

The Mage Portal addon is also giving similar Lua errors the first couple of times I switch to it but again these stop thereafter and it works as advertised.

08-31-12, 03:52 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
The Mage Portal addon has been upgraded to XMage:Portals so you can migrate to that one.

The error messages are basically linked to the changes made to raid/party functions to become group functions. Seeing as these functions aren't imperative to the functionality of the addons, less so in the professions one then that would explain how it works after those initial hiccough errors.

But good to know it is only a temporary error message. This means it can be left as is for the moment.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

08-31-12, 04:04 AM   #5
UrbanArmitage
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
The Mage Portal addon has been upgraded to XMage:Portals so you can migrate to that one.
Thanks for clearing that up for me Xrystal, I wasn't aware that there was an upgraded version. I will migrate over to that tonight.

Based on what you said about the reasons behind the Lua errors and the fact that they are not critical I will continue to use the Professions InfoPanel addon until there is an alternative or upgraded version because it is very useful not having to clutter my bars with profession buttons.

08-31-12, 04:18 AM   #6
Daveo77
Premium Member

Premium Member
I have patched this to work on my side.

I can post changes needed to \Interface\Addons\nUI_InfoPanel_Profesions\Profesions.lua if this is ok with everyone (removal of a few lines of code, that's no longer needed and not used by this mod).

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Plugin Support » nUI_InfoPanel_Profesions