08-09-18, 06:53 AM   #1
ballistics1142
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Post /dump Multiple Items?

Hi,

Is it possible to "/dump" multiple items in your bags?

If so, would it be possible to print the results into a file/GUI list(in-game) maybe even with bag container id slots?

Or are their restrictions that I need to be made aware of?

Reason I would like to able to achieve this is because I have literally 1000's of lockboxes from my multibox farms and have decided to see if there is a more stringent way of identifying worthy boxes to unlock.

I was recently made aware of this old post regarding the affect I'm after:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...esting_happen/

TL;DR : ADIBags using the feature "Merge all unstackable items". Therefore showing which boxes that may have loot worth AHing.

HOWEVER, I do not wish to break any ToS what so ever, so in hindsight. If It is possible would this be considered an exploit or smart use of the wow interface?
08-09-18, 07:25 AM   #2
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If an addon can do it, it is perfectly fine. Automation rules concern the use of external help such as a bot program or an autoclicker. What addons do within the confines of Blizzard’s Lua environment is what they have authorized, as long as you’re actually using an addon to perform that action. A bag addon moving your items around for you is harmless. In this situation, I believe AdiBags actually doesn’t move any items. It’s a full bag display replacement and simply shows items in certain arrangements in its own frames.

Last edited by Kanegasi : 08-09-18 at 07:27 AM.
08-09-18, 11:04 AM   #3
ballistics1142
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
If an addon can do it, it is perfectly fine. Automation rules concern the use of external help such as a bot program or an autoclicker. What addons do within the confines of Blizzard’s Lua environment is what they have authorized, as long as you’re actually using an addon to perform that action. A bag addon moving your items around for you is harmless. In this situation, I believe AdiBags actually doesn’t move any items. It’s a full bag display replacement and simply shows items in certain arrangements in its own frames.
Thank you for the clarification @Kanegasi.

Still though in your opinion is my original question still possible?
08-09-18, 12:53 PM   #4
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If an addon can do it, it is perfectly fine [...] as long as you’re actually using an addon to perform that action.
This isn't an entirely accurate statement. An addon is perfectly capable of violating the ToS using innocent api functions; by spamming another player with automated whispers, for example.

We can pretty safely assume that identifying the contents of locked lockboxes is probably not intended behavior, even if it's possible to do it by looking at their item links.

You won't risk punishment for doing this and discarding the junk, but scamming other players by selling lockboxes that you know contain nothing of value, as is suggested multiple times in that reddit post, perhaps isn't the smartest way forward.
08-09-18, 03:41 PM   #5
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by semlar View Post
This isn't an entirely accurate statement. An addon is perfectly capable of violating the ToS using innocent api functions; by spamming another player with automated whispers, for example.

We can pretty safely assume that identifying the contents of locked lockboxes is probably not intended behavior, even if it's possible to do it by looking at their item links.

You won't risk punishment for doing this and discarding the junk, but scamming other players by selling lockboxes that you know contain nothing of value, as is suggested multiple times in that reddit post, perhaps isn't the smartest way forward.
This is why I usually include a mention about other rules. An addon spamming other players or violating chat rules is covered under community interaction rules, not automation rules, but still a valid thing to worry about.

As for identifying items in a lockbox, that is impossible. ballistics1142 is looking to identify the lockboxes themselves in an organized format due to a large amount of farmed lockboxes. They want to sort between ones to unlock and ones to vendor.

Originally Posted by ballistics1142 View Post
Thank you for the clarification @Kanegasi.

Still though in your opinion is my original question still possible?
Dumping items into a list? Yes, very easy to dump a list into chat, but I am unaware of an addon that displays bag items in a list format. As for AdiBags, using any inventory feature of AdiBags is not bannable in any way.

Here's a line of code you can copy/paste that will dump an alphabetized list of your bags into your chat:

Code:
/run local d,s,l,n={},{}for b=0,NUM_BAG_SLOTS do for p=1,GetContainerNumSlots(b)do l=GetContainerItemLink(b,p)if l then n=l:match("%[(.*)%]")if n then s[#s+1]=n d[n]="bg:"..b.." sl:"..p.." "..l end end end end sort(s)for k,v in ipairs(s)do print(d[v])end
Lines are formatted like so:

bg:4 sl:5 [Swift Springstrider]
08-09-18, 05:26 PM   #6
Ammako
A Frostmaul Preserver
Dumping items into a list? Yes, very easy to dump a list into chat, but I am unaware of an addon that displays bag items in a list format.
There is Baud Manifest, if that could be of help in some way.
08-10-18, 04:38 AM   #7
ballistics1142
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by semlar View Post
On one side I could sympathise with your opinion, however you have automatically assumed I have an underlying agenda to hurt/scam other players. What if I was to let you in some information, such as, I will be opening "Leystone Lockboxes". Now last time I checked there was literally nothing of worth in them but maybe the chance of mythbusting the 101 810 relics?

As for identifying items in a lockbox, that is impossible. ballistics1142 is looking to identify the lockboxes themselves in an organized format due to a large amount of farmed lockboxes. They want to sort between ones to unlock and ones to vendor.

Dumping items into a list? Yes, very easy to dump a list into chat, but I am unaware of an addon that displays bag items in a list format. As for AdiBags, using any inventory feature of AdiBags is not bannable in any way.

Here's a line of code you can copy/paste that will dump an alphabetized list of your bags into your chat:

Code:
/run local d,s,l,n={},{}for b=0,NUM_BAG_SLOTS do for p=1,GetContainerNumSlots(b)do l=GetContainerItemLink(b,p)if l then n=l:match("%[(.*)%]")if n then s[#s+1]=n d[n]="bg:"..b.." sl:"..p.." "..l end end end end sort(s)for k,v in ipairs(s)do print(d[v])end
Lines are formatted like so:

bg:4 sl:5 [Swift Springstrider]
This is correct. Thank you for understanding my situation! Also I couldn't commend you enough for your help!

Originally Posted by Ammako View Post
There is Baud Manifest, if that could be of help in some way.
Thanks! I'll be sure to have a gander at your suggestion.
08-10-18, 09:35 AM   #8
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by ballistics1142 View Post
On one side I could sympathise with your opinion, however you have automatically assumed I have an underlying agenda to hurt/scam other players. What if I was to let you in some information, such as, I will be opening "Leystone Lockboxes". Now last time I checked there was literally nothing of worth in them but maybe the chance of mythbusting the 101 810 relics?
You misinterpreted what I wrote, there's no need to get so sarcastically defensive.

I haven't accused you of anything, the post you linked to (the one the topic is about) specifically mentions scamming people using this technique in the top comment.

To accurately answer the question you asked, this is something that has to be addressed, because whether or not you're going to get in trouble for doing this is reliant upon what you then do with the resulting information and not the method itself.

Blizzard obviously wouldn't know you're doing this unless you brought attention to yourself by doing something stupid with it.

He's not trying to sort his lockboxes based on item type, he's trying to use metadata from the item link to identify which lockboxes contain epics so he doesn't have to open all of them.

He mentions that he's concerned that this might be breaking the ToS because it seems like an exploit, and wants us to tell him that it isn't so he can justify doing it.

The reason it seems like an exploit is because an addon is capable of revealing information that is not otherwise available to us, and that information can be used to take advantage of other players, which is what Blizzard would take offense to, and why this is most likely an oversight rather than intentional design.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » /dump Multiple Items?