03-11-20, 11:58 AM   #1
lairdofdeath
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Quest Completion Tracker

hi all,

i'm looking for an addon that is similar to the WoW Quest Completion Tracker on wowheads page. if there isn't on id like to make one but my knowledge of Lua is verrrry limited and wouldn't even know where to start lol. any help would be great.
03-11-20, 12:20 PM   #2
Meloric
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
You may want to check out Wholly and Grail. Grail is the questdb and wholly is the user interface part.
03-11-20, 05:19 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You could also check out Carbonite. It's a quest helping addon. It is, also, rather large and modular. It also has it's own maps, which are movable and sizeable.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
03-12-20, 06:00 AM   #4
lairdofdeath
A Theradrim Guardian
Thank you both for your replies. i'm already using wholly and grail, and i've used carbonite in the past. Neither of which have what im looking for.
03-12-20, 09:35 AM   #5
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
What functionality are you actually looking for the addon to do?
03-12-20, 11:45 AM   #6
lairdofdeath
A Theradrim Guardian
It's more of an aesthetic thing then a functionality i just like the way wowhead has it set up. that why it's not a big deal. i may look to see how lightheaded is pulled into wow and see if i can do the same with quest completion tracker but idk lol.
03-12-20, 03:23 PM   #7
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
If you are just interested in knowing what quests you have left to do the Wholly quest panel should give you all you want. And you can look at it in wide mode if you prefer seeing lists of zones. You can display the quests the need prerequisites as well as those available, and use the preferences to set up whether you include dailies, etc. I would have thought if the desire is to see what quests are left to do, the Wholly panel should work well. And of course you can set your map to the zone of interest to see the pins.
03-12-20, 10:13 PM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by lairdofdeath View Post
It's more of an aesthetic thing then a functionality i just like the way wowhead has it set up. that why it's not a big deal. i may look to see how lightheaded is pulled into wow and see if i can do the same with quest completion tracker but idk lol.
In theory it looks like they have acquired a list of quests into a database, checks which ones are completed and if not identify the chain of completion and then leave you with a list of quests you need to do and what zones they are in.

I used to use quest completist when I was on my question completion run, but not sure if it has been kept up to date. As to visual layout, you may have to write your own one including the whole quest database, or see if you can make a plugin for one of the existing quest db's to output the display in a visual you want.
03-14-20, 02:52 PM   #9
lairdofdeath
A Theradrim Guardian
Ok thank you guys I'll figure something out.
03-18-20, 08:21 PM   #10
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Carbonite has a quest completion tracker, but doesn't have (or, at least, didn't have) the quests set up in the order in which you did them. It's part of the quest log. It's one of the tabs along the bottom.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Quest Completion Tracker