06-12-08, 04:47 PM   #1
bmonion
A Defias Bandit
need some help with eepanels

i have made my own UI and i have asked on the wow forums and have got no response so ill ask you all since you all know what ur doing =D

i want to know if there is a way to have panels hide/show depending of if the addon within that specific panel is shown/hidden

here is a screeny of what i have so far as the set up.

and another thing that might be a problem is i dont know how to "parent" the panels together so they are just kinda sitting there locked. if u look closely there are little gaps in between the boxes. lol

thanks in advance
06-12-08, 05:25 PM   #2
bmonion
A Defias Bandit
/bump? come on please someone has to know whats up
06-12-08, 05:37 PM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I made a macro for this.... when I click it and then hover my mouse over something, it will tell me what the name of it is in the chat window.

/run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(GetMouseFocus():GetName())

Once you get the name, just add it into eepanels in the appropriate spot (I forget, I'm not logged in but it says "IUParent" or something like that).
06-12-08, 05:40 PM   #4
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

indeed, you need to parent the panels to the frames that are shown and are hidden (therefore causing the panels to do likewise).

its been a while since i've used eePanels, but there was an option in the menu for each panel to input its parent frame name.

i suggest reading the eePanels2 wiki page at wowace as well as the eePanels2 Official Thread on the wowace forums for all the eePanels info you might ever want...
"I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet." - Jack Handy
06-12-08, 05:41 PM   #5
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

This is a forum, not a chat room. Don't make unnecessary bumps.

type
Code:
/print ChatFrame1:AddMessage(GetMouseFocus():GetName())
And then mouseover the bar/addon you want to parent a frame to and press enter. Ten type the name of the frame in the eepanel "Parent" box.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7

Last edited by Dreadlorde : 06-12-08 at 05:47 PM.
06-12-08, 06:00 PM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde View Post
This is a forum, not a chat room. Don't make unnecessary bumps.

type
Code:
/print ChatFrame1:AddMessage(GetMouseFocus():GetName())
And then mouseover the bar/addon you want to parent a frame to and press enter. Ten type the name of the frame in the eepanel "Parent" box.
I think you've mistaken the "Addon Author" under your name for "Admin"... let them do their jobs.

I already posted the code.
06-12-08, 06:57 PM   #7
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
I think you've mistaken the "Addon Author" under your name for "Admin"... let them do their jobs.

I already posted the code.
No I haven't, and when I typed that there were no replies to the OP.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
06-12-08, 08:56 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Dread actually got that line from me, I think, Silenia. Before I was made a mod. And I was going to say the same thing, but now I don't have to. And Dread's post was only 4 minutes after yours - no need to be so touchy on the territory.

Anyway, the OP has been given a macro (which only works if you bind to a key or type directly into the chat frame, not when clicked - as your cursor has to be over the frame you want the name of when the macro is run) and a link to the eePanels2 reference resources. Looks to be all taken care of.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-13-08, 12:29 AM   #9
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Dread actually got that line from me, I think, Silenia. Before I was made a mod. And I was going to say the same thing, but now I don't have to. And Dread's post was only 4 minutes after yours - no need to be so touchy on the territory.
Sorry Serrah.. it just irritates the piss out of me when someone new posts and someone else (someone who should know better) shoots back with a smartass remark. I see it all to often, and one would think we should be treating new posters a lot better. I would imagine we want new posters to return, but they certainly won't if they're treated like that.
06-13-08, 01:23 AM   #10
Tsany
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
damn.. thanks for the info.. i didn't know how to do this before
06-13-08, 09:03 AM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
New posters are definitely welcome. At least Dread's response included an answer to the question. But sometimes new posters forget that these forums are not the Blizzard forums, or that they really don't move as fast. And forums especially do not move as fast as chat rooms.

A general rule is to wait at least one day before bumping your post. After less than an hour (when the thread was bumped) it was still at the top of this page.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-13-08, 10:06 AM   #12
bmonion
A Defias Bandit
thank you all for your help. ill see what i can do with the codes you gave me. and thanks for stating that i have to bind it to a key lol. im sure it would of made a big mess of things if i didnt lol.

also sorry for the bump. i was kinda impatient, i have been asking about this for a few days now on the blizz forums =D

anothing thing is there are 2 parenting boxes to imput things do i put the same thing in both or just the top on?
06-13-08, 10:21 AM   #13
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
One is Parent, one is Anchor. Anchor just means they're anchored to eachother. Parent means that if the parent is shown/hidden, the panel is shown/hidden, etc.

You can change both boxes or just one.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » need some help with eepanels