04-02-17, 06:20 PM   #1
Emily
A Cyclonian
Intergenerational Digital Gameplay between Old Adults and Young Family Members

Dear gamers,

Our research team is conducting an online study to understand the features of intergenerational play between people aged 55+ and their family members aged 15 and over. This study is financially supported by one of the eight National Centres of Excellence (NCE) work projects as part of a large NCE grant from 2015-2020 for $36.6 million (http://agewell-nce.ca).

If you are aged 55 and over, and have played digital games with your children, grandchildren, (grand)nephews, or (grand)nieces, please click the following URL link to complete the online survey:
https://sfu.fluidsurveys.com/s/inter...y-OlderAdults/

If you are aged 15 and over, and have played digital games with your parents, grandparents, uncles, or aunts, please click the following URL link to complete the online survey:
https://sfu.fluidsurveys.com/s/inter...ionplay-Young/

If you wish, you can provide your contact information at the end of the survey to enter a draw for three cash prizes of $100.

This study was approved by the Office of Research Ethics SFU.

Sincerely,
Emily Chow, PhD
Post-Doctoral Scholar
Faculty of Education
Simon Fraser University

Last edited by Emily : 04-20-17 at 11:15 PM.
04-04-17, 09:14 PM   #2
Emily
A Cyclonian
Dear gamers,

Please take 10-15 minutes to complete the survey if you have played digital games with your family members.

Thanks very much!
Emily
05-09-17, 08:47 PM   #3
Emily
A Cyclonian
Dear gamers,

You can skip the questions if you feel uncomfortable about them. However, we still encourage you to complete the whole survey, as it will help us develop a deeper understanding about the socio-emotional impacts of intergenerational play.

Thanks,
Emily
05-29-17, 10:31 PM   #4
Emily
A Cyclonian
Dear gamers,

I would greatly appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to complete the survey.

Thanks,
Emily
06-13-17, 09:02 PM   #5
Emily
A Cyclonian
Dear gamers,

We use well-defined scales to understand whether intergenerational play affects your perceptions towards old people. There are some negative statements about old people in the survey. However, the purpose is to balance positive and negative statements to improve the validity of the survey rather than make you hate old people. Some respondents may not read each statement if all of the statements are either positive or negative.

Thanks,
Emily
06-26-17, 02:19 AM   #6
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

Thumbs up Awesome survey

Thank you for posting this.
I was reflecting on the questions when the kids stopped by on the way home from camping & I got the chance to talk with my family about gaming together... for years.
Talking & then answering the questions really reminded me of just what a blessing it's been & so much time well spent we might not have had otherwise.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Intergenerational Digital Gameplay between Old Adults and Young Family Members