09-05-09, 06:22 AM   #1
Folji
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looking for a certain action bar mod

I don't even know if there is one that fits to what I'm looking for, but I'm hoping to find an action bar mod that will let me hide bars when out of combat, show them when in combat, and still let me access them at any time at mouseover.

The stuff I've tried so far has had the possibility to either show in combat and hide out of combat, or to be hidden when not moused over and showing when moused over, but there's been nothing that fits what I'm interested in. So if anyone knows of an action bar mod that will let me make the bars hidden out of combat, visible in combat, and still accessible on mouseover, I'd love to know.

(I have a feeling that Macaroon might have what I'm looking for, but is that still working properly? Haven't seen any updates for it since May).
09-05-09, 06:47 AM   #2
Tincup
The Grumpy One

Bartender 4 will do those things.
09-05-09, 07:02 AM   #3
Folji
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

With "[combat] show;fade" as a custom conditional, that actually worked pretty well. Thanks.
09-05-09, 09:17 AM   #4
aceman67
A Theradrim Guardian

Dominoes will do that as well, better then Bartender too. Dom also can act as a range finder as well, as it will turn action buttons red when you're out of range for that ablity (This works for ranged attacks, as well as melee)
09-05-09, 09:39 AM   #5
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

ya I personally prefer bartender over dominos and if you want that range colorization as well as out of mana colorization you can just grab omnicc and it works with bartender...I personally would say one bar mod is better than another as there are things bartender does that dominos doesnt and im sure there are things that dominos does that bartender doesnt.

- Winston Churchill
09-05-09, 09:47 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Just a quick correction - OmniCC doesn't provide coloring, it's for cooldown counts only. RedRange is what is used for the red/blue coloring. And Dominos requires RedRange (or similar) for that functionality as well.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-05-09, 12:01 PM   #7
Folji
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
Dominoes will do that as well, better then Bartender too. Dom also can act as a range finder as well, as it will turn action buttons red when you're out of range for that ablity (This works for ranged attacks, as well as melee)
Certain about that? Tried Dominos, but can't remember seeing any options along the lines of what I'm after.

EDIT: Nevermind. Downloaded Dominos and wrote the same conditionals as I had for Bartender, into the Show States option.

EDIT 2: Which... doesn't seem to work that well after all.

Last edited by Folji : 09-05-09 at 12:39 PM.
09-05-09, 04:00 PM   #8
numein
A Cyclonian

Just to set some strait here: Bartender4 has integrated range/oom coloring, but Dominos doesn't (needs RedRange for it).
OmniCC/InlineAura can be added to both... And both support custom states.

Anyway, Bartender is superior imo (kinda does things bit better, and looks nicer :P

And ofc there is Macaroon if u need that extra functionality (custom states, as many bars/buttons/macros as u want and so on)

Last edited by numein : 09-05-09 at 04:04 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for a certain action bar mod