09-06-09, 03:35 AM   #1
Ixnaynia
A Murloc Raider
[Help] Installing UI packages.

Hey there, folks.

For several months now, I've been having major trouble installing UI packages.
I've been using UI's since pre-TBC, and never had any issues with installations, but for some reason, I'm having issues now.

My problem is, when I download an UI package, re-name the folders in the WTF folder (I'm using a battle.net account, but type in the old account name (the problem persists if I type in the battle.net account-name aswell)) like it's supposed to be done, account name in all caps, server and character name all normal. If the creator of the package has a few out of date addons (not always the case), I check load out of date AddOns, and log in. Now the weird stuff happens, if the package includes any AddOns I've used previously and configured myself, the old options and configurations stay put, eventhough I've deleted the old (fonts), Interface and WTF folders.
If the install instructions tell me to load profiles, they don't always exist, and if they exist, they don't set up the AddOn configurations like they should, but set them to default settings.

Oh, and when I log in to the game without any addons at all installed, the game doesn't create a default Interface/WTF folder.

So, I suspect, that any AddOn configurations I do, are saved server-side, and not in my WTF folder. I know it seems weird, but it's reeeeally annyoing.

I know they changed key-bindings to be saved server-side a few patches back, but I didn't read anything about AddOns.

Does anyone have any idea, what so ever, I can do to get this fixed?
There are so many appealing packages out there, but I can't get any of them to work.
09-06-09, 06:17 AM   #2
numein
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No idea what's the problem...
But first thing that pups up on my mind, try using "Repair" (located in the world of warcraft folder), check all the checkboxes and run it...
09-06-09, 06:22 AM   #3
Ixnaynia
A Murloc Raider
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I've ran repair before and after a clean install of WoW.
09-06-09, 08:32 AM   #4
zero-kill
A Firelord

Are you on Windows Vista?
09-06-09, 08:44 AM   #5
Ixnaynia
A Murloc Raider
Currently using Windows 7, Release Candidate.

I used Vista before that though, not sure if the problem started before or after I switched to Windows 7.
09-06-09, 08:54 AM   #6
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think Windows Vista and 7 are moving your files to a different location, let me find that vista FAQ for you.

EDIT:http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...57867106&sid=1 see if that helps you.

Last edited by ravagernl : 09-06-09 at 08:58 AM.
09-06-09, 10:08 AM   #7
Ixnaynia
A Murloc Raider
So difficult, but yet so simple...

Thanks alot for that FAQ!

Worked flawlessly.
09-08-09, 10:51 AM   #8
Taryble
A Molten Giant

This is the reason I have a partition set up just for installing games. *laugh*
No issues on Win Vista or Win7RC, because it's not being installed in protected or auto-chosen locations.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » [Help] Installing UI packages.