12-18-09, 06:13 AM   #1
astalavista
A Defias Bandit
Random lag spikes

I am going out on a limb here because I believe it's an interface related issue, but I was hoping to hear if anyone else has a similar issue. Since 3.3 I am getting lag spikes. When I start playing it's okay, but the longer I am on, the more lag spikes I get. Those spikes are usually a second of frozen screen whenever I change areas in a zone, and can get up to 3-4 seconds whenever I leave combat. This is really horrible in instances, but even when I am alone in a zone this happens. A fix is to /reload ui until the lag spikes become debilitating again.

I will admit to being addon-heavy, running around 60 MB of addon memory total. It could be anything. I tried turning of Mik's SBT, thought it was related, but it sure wasn't. It's hard to test, because it will take at least 10 minutes of play before things start freezing.

Anyone got an idea?
12-18-09, 06:49 AM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Check the stickied thread over on the tech support forums. There might be something in there that can help you.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...71909544&sid=1
12-18-09, 06:57 AM   #3
numein
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No idea what addons you are using (maybe you could post a list of your major addons)...

Some I would check first are: Deadly Boss Mods (or other boss addons; have spikes with DBM myself sometimes), then maybe damage meters, quest helpers (carbonite); maybe even Pitbull with dogtags (if u use dogtags much)...

That's just based on my limited experience (don't really use heavy addons much).
12-18-09, 01:10 PM   #4
astalavista
A Defias Bandit
I think I actually figured it out because I found someone with exactly the same issue using tomquest 2. Thanks for the responses!
02-01-10, 07:09 PM   #5
nataswar
A Kobold Labourer
Could you post what you figured out? I am having the same problem and I use Tomquest as well as many other addons as well

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Random lag spikes