11-22-11, 01:09 AM   #41
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Does this mean you can have a dual citizenship?
Like, you don't have to give up your US nationality?
11-22-11, 01:18 AM   #42
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
Perfect for when WW3 starts
11-22-11, 03:07 AM   #43
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Perfect for when WW3 starts
Pfsh, WW3 will be started by North Korea, not Germany
11-22-11, 06:10 AM   #44
Melikae
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by haylie View Post
Pfsh, WW3 will be started by North Korea, not Germany
We installed the emperor in Vatican and have a cancellor who is pretty good with telling our neighbours what to do, this time we're just doing it a bit more subtly

But honestly... whom would we export wares to after achieving world domination?

Guess haylie is right, there are other spots in the world, that have more potential for another war, like Iran and Israel, Pakistan and India, North and South Korea... all those conflicts involve nuclear weapons to a degree and have potential for getting nasty...
11-22-11, 11:08 AM   #45
Ither
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
Yes, but I'm not a US national, I'm a German national.

The German law states that if I am to request citizenship of a foreign country, I am required to obtain approval to retain my German nationality. If I don't, then I automatically lose my nationality and all rights to it.

This is what happen to me. When the US gave me my citizenship for joining and fighting in Iraq, German recognized and removed my nationality because I did not ask permission to do so. In a sense, I illegally obtain an second citizenship in order to denationalize myself from Germany.

In short, that is why I hired a law firm to get my nationality back. I'm trying to get the consulate to understood that I made the decision under haste and was not fully educated on the matter. That I wish to retain both my nationality (based on birth), and the given US citizenship for serving under this flag. It's a tough fight, but possible, according to the law firm. They have a substantial amount of experience in German law and deal with this constantly pertaining to Germans who do what I did and take Canadian citizenship.

Just to clear any confusion. I was born in Germany (not of US parents or US military) and came to America for college like most do. After college I decided to join the US Army because they were offering US Citizenship to foreigners who served 4 years during the Iraqi conflict. After I did that, I was awarded full citizenship.

Hope that helps.

Just so you know, I learned that the US has the same kind of law too. That depending on the nature of your second citizenship, you can automatically relinquish your US nationality.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Lost German Nationality -- a fight with the consulate