04-04-07, 08:04 PM   #1
Xcalibur
A Murloc Raider
Obtaining level info by name

I'd like to know if there's any way to get the level of a specific unit based solely on the character name.

Something similar to the UnitLevel() command, except obviously without the constraint of the UnitId.

I know you can normally get this information in-game through a /who, but I'd like to be able to get a single result based on a specific player name only, rather than chance getting an entire list based on a text search.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.
04-05-07, 01:45 AM   #2
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Xcalibur
I'd like to know if there's any way to get the level of a specific unit based solely on the character name.

Something similar to the UnitLevel() command, except obviously without the constraint of the UnitId.

I know you can normally get this information in-game through a /who, but I'd like to be able to get a single result based on a specific player name only, rather than chance getting an entire list based on a text search.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.
Nothing other than SendWho(). I also recommend using SetWhoToUI() at the same time so you don't spam system messages. Take note that this also causes problems such as sending too many who requests, resulting in some not being returned, so you have to guard against this in your program.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Obtaining level info by name