04-21-11, 09:43 AM   #21
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Gee, all of last month. Are we entitled to daily updates? Do we need daily updates? I say no! I'd just as soon addon devs update their addons when they need updating, and not more often. If that means once a year, or every two years, or first two years and then a month, and then six months, that's fine with me.

If somebody thinks Carbonite is "dead", fine. Let him go find some other addon to complain about.

04-23-11, 02:52 AM   #22
Paprika
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
If somebody thinks Carbonite is "dead", fine. Let him go find some other addon to complain about.
But it is, with all it's bugs that haven't been fixed.
Originally Posted by tinyu View Post
dude thats just sad refusing to play just because a popular mod isnt updated...
If refusing to play out of other reasons, but I would start again playing World of Warcraft if this addons gets updated. The game just isn't as fun without, at least the whole map-stuff is just awesome and there isn't any replacement-addon who accomplishes thes same.

Version 4.034 is now available (Jan 25)
Works on English, German, French and Spanish clients. UI is mostly in English.
Supports patch 4.0.3a.
Does it fully work with 4.0.6a? I don't think so when I look at the Bug Reports.

If I wouldn't get the margarine that I'm buying anymore, I would stop eating margarine and buy butter instead. It wouldn't even help clean out 3-4 bugs, what e.g. about the missing Gather-nodes-import that people have been requesting for month? The devs have a life and if they don't have the time to fix this project, the project is dead.

Last edited by Paprika : 04-23-11 at 02:59 AM.

04-23-11, 04:45 AM   #23
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Paprika View Post
But it is, with all it's bugs that haven't been fixed.
What bugs i am using the current version on WoWI on live and im not getting a SINGLE error so its something wrong on your end.

If refusing to play out of other reasons, but I would start again playing World of Warcraft if this addons gets updated. The game just isn't as fun without, at least the whole map-stuff is just awesome and there isn't any replacement-addon who accomplishes thes same.
Like i said, refusing to play just because one addon isnt updated (and it does work perfectly nothing wrong with it) is just sad and makes you look bad. maybe quit WoW all together and go else where.

Does it fully work with 4.0.6a? I don't think so when I look at the Bug Reports.
yes it does work with live no error no nothing, when 4.1 comes out then there could be problems, and im sure the Carbonite team and focusing on the next patch.

If I wouldn't get the margarine that I'm buying anymore, I would stop eating margarine and buy butter instead. It wouldn't even help clean out 3-4 bugs, what e.g. about the missing Gather-nodes-import that people have been requesting for month? The devs have a life and if they don't have the time to fix this project, the project is dead.
missing gather nodes are you serious who cares if a couple of nodes are missing when you find them it updates it for you and do you really want everyone knowing where all the possible node locations are really???

Yes the devs have lives and jobs and familes they update Carbonite for free and if people like you cant deal with that then go else where.

04-23-11, 10:26 AM   #24
reddrumjay
A Black Drake
Man, I'm REALLY glad I came to read this thread.

I've been using Carbonite for years, and was dropping by to see if there was an update since I'm getting the "this version is old" message - I guess it is tied to a date timer or something.

Anyway, I haven't had a single issue with it. I guess I need to go read the bug forums so I can find out how it hasn't been working, since, you know, it works for me. lol

As for Auctioneer, which is not related to these developers: I haven't had a single issue with it. I guess I need to go read the bug forums so I can find out how it hasn't been working, since, you know, it works for me. lol

04-23-11, 01:25 PM   #25
crazzzzi
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

carbonite is ALIVE

i'm with Tiny and Red on this, carbonite works perfect for me, and i use a bunch of add-ons. If some of you can't cope with gathering nodes and waiting for some minor cosmetic fixes, then go play Rift, since there are no add-ons of any kind there to bog you down

04-23-11, 01:51 PM   #26
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
All right boys and girls, dial it back. Don't make me quote the site rules to you, instead of just linking them.

Play nice.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

04-23-11, 07:39 PM   #27
tinyu
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
All right boys and girls, dial it back. Don't make me quote the site rules to you, instead of just linking them.

Play nice.
sorry ma'am.

04-24-11, 12:15 AM   #28
.neck
ALWAYS...!

Premium Member
Cool

Well, my guess is that they're waiting for 4.1

Carbonite works mostly fine in the current versions. Yes, there are some hickups, but nothing too serious. Try disabling some other addons you don't need or summin'.

04-24-11, 06:10 AM   #29
Nensec
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
For the record, the major issue i am having is that i cannot raid BoT nor BWD with carbonite on because i am getting spammed with lua errors, dropping me to very low fps

04-24-11, 06:17 AM   #30
tinyu
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Nensec View Post
For the record, the major issue i am having is that i cannot raid BoT nor BWD with carbonite on because i am getting spammed with lua errors, dropping me to very low fps
then disable Carbontite before you go raid?

04-24-11, 06:22 AM   #31
Nensec
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
How exactly would that solve the problem with carbonite itself? It is just a workaround, which btw i am already doing. I like carbonite since it is part of the UI i made, without it there is a huge gaping hole in my UI.

04-24-11, 08:13 AM   #32
GokouZWAR
A Kobold Labourer
bugs?

For the record i have very few bugs myself. I'd like to see the default maps show up on the larger map overlay myself so i can see where to go in the instance, but that's my only hangup i have.

I get maybe one or two bug popups whenever i enter BWD and other various dungeons, but as far as i know those bugs aren't related to carbonite. The bug reports don't state anything "carbonite" in them. I see a few bugs that show up for the default WoW stuff that are conflicting with player score (the old gearscore mod).

The only bug that i see comes up for me occationally is the old style default raid window will bug out when i try to assign main tanks to the group or when i move people around in groups it'll miss draw the box i'm moving and it'll show the player's icon really far away from the tip of my mouse where I clicked, but it's only a graphical bug because when i let go it goes right where it should be. When that happens I just do a simple /reloadui and it fixes it and it never happens again. If you hate bugs, go use curse or wow interface and search for bug stomper or something that'll disable the UI error messages. Since you're not going to report them anyway you don't need to see them.

Despite these bugs, this mod is one of the best mods in the game. I have a hard time playing without it myself since it adds a ton of very useful features to the game. After cata came out I was hopelessly lost without it during the delay between cata and the 4.0 release. I managed to work without it for a decent amount of time.

Seriously though? Quit wow? Never even crossed my mind. You guys need to really take a look at yourselves if you are going to /wowquit over a mod. If you really can't play this game without a mod, then by all means quit wow and go play something else. With all due respect, you probably suck anyway. I've been with WoW since vanilla wow, and this wasn't around then. We all got along without it, and even if it does die (which the creators say they're still here, so lets not jump the gun and say it's dead, current version works well enough, take a chilll pill) we'll get along with out it later too. The only reason i like this mod is because it combines several featured mods into one nice package. I can tell you this, for everything in this mod, there's at least 2 other mods that can perform the task of equal or greater value. You may have to install 10 mods to get the same level of experience but it'll work. Do a search on curse or wow interface for what you're looking for, you'll find one, trust me...

For the record, my gather nodes import just fine. I use the route manager all the time, and yes i know of a bunch of nodes that never get hit because I don't just follow the node arrow 100% like a mindless tool which builds my node database without needing a node database. Go download the gatherer mod, get the database file and import it (if it doesn't work, disable all mods except gatherer, load the database into gatherer, then enable carbonite and import, then enable your other mods other than carbonite to prevent conflicts with other mods), then go get your guildies to share their nodes with you and you'll have a decent base to start on. Gatherer has some great features that do NOT require carbonite to function properly. Utilize them.

Quest helper is a pretty decent mod, but wow-pro guides is 100% free and 1000% better than this one or quest helper's leveling assistance. I will note that this mod in conjunction with wow-pro guides is nearly flawless. (their mod has some issues from time to time). They compliment each other with the ability to set waypoints, and being able to visibly see where items will drop helps navigate the world more effeciently and it also doesn't require this one to be updated. In fact, if this one doesn't work for you, the only thing you NEED is Tom Tom and wow pro guides and you're set. it'll tell you exactly where to go, what to get and how to level your toon for you.

It's pretty sad you guys gotta complain to the mod makers that they're not taking their time out of their lives to update your mod and then threaten them with leaving wow or never donating again over their mod. Seriously, do you think they care if you stop playing wow? They don't make money off you for using their mod. Even if you do donate to this thing, you're giving them your money for what? It doesn't really cost mod makers anything to make mods except their time. They put in countless hours of testing and coding into the mod for you and they don't make you pay for it. Don't think you should get 24/7 technical support services and daily updates just because you donated $10 to the mod. And if you've never donated (myself included) don't even complain to them at all. Make suggestions, be nice about any bugs you encounter, but don't think you have any leverage by threatening future donations or /wowquit...lol. Next thing that'll happen will be they WILL charge you for their mod since there's such a high demand for it and even if they sell only 10 or 20 of them (which from the whining you guys do i doubt it'll be that low) it'll be worth it. I used to code mods for another game a long time ago. The community kept whining to me about how buggy the product was, and I let the project die because I spent more time trolling forums for useful bug reports, answering questions, getting beat down by users for not making updates fast enough for them, then I did coding for the project and i got fed up with dealing with freeloaders. They have real lives. If they never update the project again, get over it and move on to another mod or sit tight and wait it out. Quit your whining and let em do their job before they do the same as I did. Based on the fact that the updates are coming farther and fewer between, it'll only take a few idiots to ruin it for everyone else. Don't give em a reason to want to stop updating it.

For folks like Paprika and Nensec - the best suggestion I can give to you is to delete your wow cache folder. That's helped me in the past. If that doesn't work, blow away all your addons and reinstall ones that are only certified working with 4.0.6. I used to use dated mods and just blew off the fact that they hadn't been updated recently (or in several years) because they still "looked" like they worked, but ended up finding out that some of those mods conflicted with newer mods because they were doing the same things. Some older mods are what the newer mods base their functions off of. They ninja each other's code (as Nensec stated above that his UI mod requires carbonite functions...lazy coding dude...create a library of the carbonite functions you need and don't rely on these guys to update their code...gez) so they don't have to rely on those mods to run. Everything is open source and there are many mods that overlap. When it comes to mods, less is best, which is why I like this one. Don't use mods that overlap, IE quest helper and carbonite. Tom Tom and carbonite...stuff like that. Not saying that's what you're doing but there's no need for both. Carbonite does them all. If you use those mods and like them, uninstall carbonite and use those.

Btw, thanks for what you guys have already got for us. It's an amazing product you provide for free for us. I wish we had this back in vanilla wow, but i'm glad it's here today. The only reason i came to the site today was to report we're getting the "this version is very old" message and its asking me to check for an update. I'll check back in a few weeks. I look forward to your next updates.

Last edited by GokouZWAR : 04-24-11 at 08:26 AM.

04-24-11, 11:53 AM   #33
S@thi
A Theradrim Guardian

Checking in to see any new news.
Glad to see the authors are still working on the package.
Keep it coming!

Sathi

04-25-11, 12:26 PM   #34
Paprika
A Black Drake
Seriously though? Quit wow? Never even crossed my mind. You guys need to really take a look at yourselves if you are going to /wowquit over a mod. If you really can't play this game without a mod, then by all means quit wow and go play something else. With all due respect, you probably suck anyway. I've been with WoW since vanilla wow, and this wasn't around then. We all got along without it, and even if it does die (which the creators say they're still here, so lets not jump the gun and say it's dead, current version works well enough, take a chilll pill) we'll get along with out it later too. The only reason i like this mod is because it combines several featured mods into one nice package. I can tell you this, for everything in this mod, there's at least 2 other mods that can perform the task of equal or greater value. You may have to install 10 mods to get the same level of experience but it'll work. Do a search on curse or wow interface for what you're looking for, you'll find one, trust me...
Don't get me wrong please, I quit WoW out of other reasons, but since I started using Carbonite I never wanted to play without, because it's just awesome. I've been with WoW since Beta and I didn't care back then, but now I do. A homeless wouldn't go back to the street if he finally got a flat, would he?
It's pretty sad you guys gotta complain to the mod makers that they're not taking their time out of their lives to update your mod and then threaten them with leaving wow or never donating again over their mod. Seriously, do you think they care if you stop playing wow?
I never complained about what you're saying or threatend anyone, the opposite. Real life goes first and if they find time to update Carbonite, that's fine, nothing else.

Last edited by Paprika : 04-25-11 at 12:29 PM.

04-26-11, 10:41 AM   #35
reddrumjay
A Black Drake
One of my guild members has the exact same issue. It is conflicting with some other addon, but IDK which one.

04-26-11, 10:42 AM   #36
reddrumjay
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Play nice.
Yes ma'am.

04-26-11, 02:13 PM   #37
Archvile
A Defias Bandit
Have the devs stopped working on carbonite completely now?
Yes, they have. Carbonite will no longer be updated. This is clear by their lack of interest in fixing their broken product.

04-26-11, 02:26 PM   #38
mserica
A Murloc Raider
Archvile, stop acting like a butthurt tool. They have already said that they are still working on updates. They do have real lives to deal with. Instead of spreading false rumors on here, you may want to look at getting a real life of your own.

04-26-11, 02:32 PM   #39
Bentobaku
A Kobold Labourer

Broken

Sigh 4.1 is broken... This is to the point i would rather go back to the 8 other addons i used to use. At least they where not always broken

04-26-11, 02:41 PM   #40
love4stupidppl
A Black Drake

This a necro thread, this post was originally made back when Carbonite broke with 4.1.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » So, Carbonite is dead?