08-22-12, 05:57 AM   #1
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
LibResInfo - resurrection info without comms

LibResInfo-1.0 detects resurrection spells being cast by group members and identifies who they are being cast on, and provides that information to addons through callbacks and API functions.

LibResInfo-1.0 was written to replace LibResComm-1.0, and works locally without the need for addon communication, so it is not necessary for anyone else in your group to have it installed. It is completely locale-independent.

Download:
SVN URL is usable for direct checkouts, in svn:externals properties, and in CurseForge .pkgmeta files.

Please direct all bug reports, suggestions, questions, and comments to the forum thread:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=43933

Please do not use the comments section on the download page! File comments aren't searchable, can't be linked individually, and don't support threading.

Curent Status

This library should be considered an early beta release. It should be safe to start converting addons, but you should probably not publish "stable release" versions of addons using this library yet.

WoW 5.x only. No backwards compatibility with WoW 4.x is planned, as 5.x is going live in less than a week, and nobody will be developing addons for 4.x anyway.

No Mass Resurrection support yet. I'll be working on that this week.

No self-resurrect support yet. Support for pre-cast Soulstone is planned. Support for Reincarnation is under consideration, but requires some guesswork, since until you actually see a shaman resurrect themselves, there's no way to tell if the ability is on cooldown or not.

Callback API documentation:

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/lib...api/callbacks/

Function API documentation:

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/lib...api/functions/

Other notes

It is not possible to definitively detect when someone who joins the group is already casting a resurrection spell on someone who is already in the group, or someone who joins the group already has a resurrection spell being cast on them by someone who is already in the group. I think this is a pretty uncommon edge case, so for now it's not supported.

It is not possible to detect when someone who joins the group while dead already has a resurrection available to them.

It is not possible to detect when someone declines a resurrection manually.

Last edited by Phanx : 08-27-12 at 07:07 PM.
08-22-12, 06:47 AM   #2
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

(4) Does anyone care about knowing who cast the res spell after it's finished casting? (eg. before the target accepts it)
I can't think of any benefit to having this information, but I'm sure people will want it in spite of that.
08-22-12, 07:24 AM   #3
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Talyrius View Post
I can't think of any benefit to having this information, but I'm sure people will want it in spite of that.
Even in SmartRes2, I don't care about whom the caster was when the spell cast is finished; I only care that the target has been cast upon and has or has not accepted. There is no point in SR2 to use the smart target to cast on someone already ressed but afk and not accepting. In short, the resser is not important, only the target at that point.

I'm keeping an eye on this, because if it proves a better solution, I can switch.

The only suggestion I would make is to have some form of IsUnitBeingRessed(unit) returning Boolean and caster. UnitHasIncomingResurrection() only has the Boolean. LibResComm has this API, and while I do not make use of it, I could see the value.
08-22-12, 01:48 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
The only suggestion I would make is to have some form of IsUnitBeingRessed(unit) returning Boolean and caster. UnitHasIncomingResurrection() only has the Boolean. LibResComm has this API, and while I do not make use of it, I could see the value.
Once I'm sure all the logic is working properly, and I've cleaned up the code to a state I consider acceptable for an actual release, then I'll add some API functions. I'll update the first post with the proposed callbacks and functions.

Also, the current idea is that all callbacks and API functions will pass/return GUIDs only, not unit IDs or names, but I'm very open to comments on what you'd like to see. I don't want to get too far into RosterLib territory, though I'm already keeping a map of GUID => unit ID, so I could pass that info.

Last edited by Phanx : 08-22-12 at 02:07 PM.
08-22-12, 06:15 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

Changed my mind. Everything will return both the unitID and the GUID. Yes, it's trivially easy for addons to get the GUID from the unitID if they want it, but since the lib already has the GUID (everything is tracked by GUID internally) why not save a function call?

API functions will accept either a unitID or a GUID.

Working on LibStub-ifying it at the moment. Will fix the bugs with people leaving the group after that, and then work on refactoring the messy/redundant parts, and then add the callbacks and API.
08-22-12, 06:28 PM   #6
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It is early days yet for the code, but I'm wondering about spells. You have Raise Ally and Soulstone; what about Revive? In LibResComm I didn't put in Soulstone, Reincarnation, and the related cooldown spells because they have no cast times and share cooldowns. Or at least they did. Revive, on the other hand, does have a cast time.

Anyway, your thoughts, Phanx?
11-04-12, 05:46 PM   #7
Magicalhats27
A Fallenroot Satyr

Worth it

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
[b]communication, so it is not necessary for anyone else in your group to have it installed.
Thats great. Actually this fact alone makes it worth the download. Lots of time saved - Thanks
01-14-13, 05:59 AM   #8
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm finally at a point in the game where the daily quest grind is slowing down, and that means back to addon development. Phanx, do you prefer the pkgmeta from Curseforge/WoWAce to pull from the WoWInterface or Curseforge repository for this lib? I'm leaning to CF so you get author reward points, but wanted to check first.

On a side note, expect the WoWace forums' developer thread to get hit with questions, but not necessarily about LibResInfo
01-14-13, 07:44 PM   #9
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
Phanx, do you prefer the pkgmeta from Curseforge/WoWAce to pull from the WoWInterface or Curseforge repository for this lib? I'm leaning to CF so you get author reward points, but wanted to check first.
There is no CurseForge repository. Files on CurseForge are manually uploaded. Your .pkgmeta will need to specify the WoWI repository URL. If you want me to get points, specify "libresinfo" (the CurseForge project name) in the "tools-used" section of your .pkgmeta, just like you do for LibDataBroker, but for reasons that actually make sense.
01-15-13, 01:54 AM   #10
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
just like you do for LibDataBroker, but for reasons that actually make sense.
For those wondering, LibDataBroker-1.1 does not have a .toc file, and thus is not a standalone library. And I agree, that decision was bizarre.

On topic, thank you Phanx.
02-15-13, 10:39 PM   #11
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

[BUG] Redemption spellID has typo

I was testing things, and lo and behold, line 108 in LibResInfo has a typo: instead of the spellID for Redemption, the spellID for Frost Protection is used instead.

Change 7238 to 7328 and fixed.
04-11-13, 02:45 PM   #12
Gronzig
A Murloc Raider
I am getting an error in r43, line 307, from comparing a number to nil. I believe this line should be changed from
if resCasting[target] > 1 then
to
if resCasting[target] and resCasting[target] > 1 then
Also, it looks like line 319 should be changed from
resCasting[guid] > 0 then
to
if resCasting[guid] and resCasting[guid] > 1 then
04-12-13, 07:54 PM   #13
Phanx
Cat.

That's really just a band-aid, but I'm probably going to go with it, because I just don't have time to go through the extensive in-raid testing required to figure out what the actual problem is. There's still going to be the same outdated, mismatching data in the cache. I'm pretty sure it's related to the current implementation of Mass Res support, and I'll probably just end up removing Mass Res support from the existing callbacks, and just fire a single callback for each Mass Res cast, instead of trying to keep track of which players are affected by every Mass Res.
05-27-13, 08:08 PM   #14
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

[5.3] compare number with nil

I am getting the following whenever people cast Mass Resurrection. I know you wanted to possibly rewrite the MR callback, and hopefully this helps.
Lua Code:
  1. 26x Libs\LibResInfo-1.0\LibResInfo-1.0-11.lua:222: attempt to compare nil with number
  2. Libs\LibResInfo-1.0\LibResInfo-1.0-11.lua:222: in function "UnitIsCastingRes"
  3. SmartRes2\SmartRes2-Release 2.5.4.lua:477: in function "?"
  4. Ace3-Release-r1086\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:147: in function <Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
  5. <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[6]":4: in function <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[6]":4
  6. <in C code>
  7. <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[6]":13: in function "?"
  8. Ace3-Release-r1086\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:92: in function "Fire"
  9. Libs\LibResInfo-1.0\LibResInfo-1.0-11.lua:487: in function "?"
  10. Libs\LibResInfo-1.0\LibResInfo-1.0-11.lua:105: in function <Libs\LibResInfo-1.0\LibResInfo-1.0.lua:104>
  12. Locals:
  13. nil
05-27-13, 09:02 PM   #15
Phanx
Cat.

It's the same issue with Mass Res screwing up the cache because it doesn't actually fire events. I've been slowly writing a new version from scratch that handles caching better, and doesn't attempt to fire individual callbacks for all units that might be affected by Mass Res, but it's not done yet.

Anyway, I've added another bandaid for that error, so if you update your working copy you shouldn't get the error anymore.
06-27-13, 08:03 PM   #16
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Phanx, you have mentioned you are writing a new version, or at least modifying the existing code. If I can make a suggestion to the API, since I think the code already calculates this: expose both the current casterID and the first casterID for UnitHasIncomingRes.
Lua Code:
  1. local status, endTime, currentCasterID, currentCasterGUID, firstCasterID, firstCasterGUID = LibResInfo:UnitHasIncomingRes(unit)
  2. --[[
  3.     status is either "CASTING" or "PENDING"
  4.     endTime is the time the current caster's spell ends
  5.     currentCasterID and currentCasterGUID are the unitIDs or GUIDs for whomever is the current res caster on "unit"
  6.     firstCasterID and firstCasterGUID are the same as above, but for whomever's cast lands first
  7.     unit is "player", "target", "raid10", etc
  8. ]]--
This would make comparing isFirst's targetUnit to find out who is the first casterUnit on targetUnit much simpler.

The reason I ask is because I am running into the situation where SmartRes2's collision notification system is giving erroneous results if more than one caster is casting on the same unit, and even more erroneous results when there are more than one collision caster with more than one collision targets. Mass Resurrection's collision doesn't seem to be adversely affected.

My work in progress solution is building a table
Lua Code:
  1. local doingRessing = {}
  2. function MyAddOn:LibResInfo_ResCastStarted(targetUnit, targetGUID, casterUnit, casterGUID, endTime)
  3.     local _, _, _, isFirst = LibResInfo:UnitIsCastingRes(casterUnit)
  4.     if not doingRessing[casterUnit] then
  5.         if targetUnit then -- class spell. use isFirst for Mass Res since there is no targetUnit
  6.             doingRessing[casterUnit] = {
  7.                 targetID = targetUnit,
  8.                 isFirst = isFirst
  9.             }
  10.         end
  11.     end
  12.     -- if not isFirst and targetUnit then iterate through table to find out who IS first
  13.     -- send chat message to casterUnit with firstCasterID and targetUnit
  14. end
  16. function MyAddOn:LibResInfo_ResCastFinished(targetUnit, targetGUID, casterUnit, casterGUID)
  17.     if doingRessing[casterUnit] then
  18.         doingRessing[casterUnit] = nil
  19.     end
  20. end
I am going on vacation for the weekend, and will not be able to apply this code and test until next week at the earliest. It is just a thought that if LRI calculates who is the first caster (target or not) in order to provide true/false for isFirst, then exposing both sides would be beneficial.
08-02-16, 05:09 AM   #17
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Sometimes when the target getting ressed is out of range, once the target accepts the res the icon of my element gets stuck (no callbacks or methods reporting incorrectly, most likely the former).

I've registered UNIT_HEALTH while the icon is shown in my element just in case, seems to work fine.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » LibResInfo - resurrection info without comms