08-19-14, 05:08 PM   #21
morpheusxeno
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Duugu View Post
GuildRoles doesn't have any copyright statement. Which means it is "all rights reserved" as default. Did you already contact the autor and asked for the permission to use the addons code or parts of it?Plus my personal experience is, that working into and enhancing the code of others often is more effort than building the full thing from a scratch.
After waiting about 4 months, I havent got a response. I didnt know if the project was abandoned or what.

Originally Posted by Rilgamon View Post
Its not very likely you'll find a dev with spare time ... normally its the spare time we put in our own addons.
Your chances will probably rise if you split up the stuff you want in small tasks/addons.
Really the most important is the guild roles with item level is important. Thats really the most important part. I would be happy with just that at this point.

Last edited by morpheusxeno : 08-22-14 at 09:12 AM.
08-22-14, 02:01 PM   #22
benots4
A Fallenroot Satyr
I spent about an hour yesterday. I found Guild Roles to be pretty old and mostly broken. It appears to me that the automatic updates are done on a group change event. So the count of raids would be who raided with you or do you plan to fill that out by hand? Same with iLevel do you want to enter it by hand or poll the group your in. The other toons would have to be in range for that api to work. I obviously don't know off hand how to poll the armory or get that information from out of range toons. btw I am not in an active guild so I have no way to play.

Do you expect to push your totals out to others? Performing some kind of automatic accumlative sharing probably won't work. If Jack raids 2 times with bob and bob raids 4 times with Mary. They were all in one raid, what does Jack see as Bob's total? 6, 7, 42 ?

Not saying I'm committing to make any changes or when I might get annother hour. But I think you owe me a slice of pizza.
08-22-14, 08:53 PM   #23
morpheusxeno
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Information needs to be pushed to other players without the need of a group or dungeon or expected range.

Roles must be set by players without ability of other players to set their roles. Same with iLevel, these status could be pushed to other players when some event is fired possibly the following.

*Player changes piece of gear.
*Player logs in.
*Player enters group with another guild memeber.

Do you expect to push your totals out to others? Performing some kind of automatic accumlative sharing probably won't work. If Jack raids 2 times with bob and bob raids 4 times with Mary. They were all in one raid, what does Jack see as Bob's total? 6, 7, 42 ?
As far as the status for Scenarios, Raids, Dungeons. These must update when players finish grouped events together. When a boss dies (as a guild group) the counter adds 1 so on and so forth for each type of instance. I would like this information to be encrypted some sort of way or at least difficult to modify so that they cannot cheat and edit the number to their liking.

The idea behind these stats is to reward players in the guild for actively participating.

I can fix your ability to not play or being guildless. As for your pizza. I havent seen any product working.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Giving Up - Get $ - Addon features