08-08-14, 02:43 PM   #1
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addons and Forums menus inaccessible on mobile devices

Addons and Forums menus are inaccessible on mobile devices. The links on the buttons themselves are followed before the menu can be interacted with.
08-08-14, 02:56 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
My tablet is a Galaxy Note, so I can get around this with the S-Pen (the menu shows when hovering the stylus over the screen). If I'm too lazy to get the stylus out or am on my phone, though, I hold my finger on the menu (Forums button, for example) until the context menu opens. Hitting back to hide the context menu leaves the navigation menu still open. Well... At least it works part of the time... Sometimes I just have to be really quick. Let go before the context menu opens, and quick pick what I want from the menu before the linked page loads.

/edit: I had brought this up to Dolby once, long ago, and he said that it worked if he just tapped the nav bar (or something like that - was a long time ago). I could never get that to work myself, though.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-08-14, 03:01 PM   #3
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
Addons and Forums menus are inaccessible on mobile devices. The links on the buttons themselves are followed before the menu can be interacted with.
What mobile device?

Works for me on iOS iphone/ipad and nexus7.
08-08-14, 03:37 PM   #4
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm using a Motorola Droid Maxx running Firefox 31.0 on Android 4.4.4 "KitKat".
08-08-14, 03:38 PM   #5
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
I'll have to try firefox, only used chrome so far on the android devices.
08-08-14, 03:48 PM   #6
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I hold my finger on the menu (Forums button, for example) until the context menu opens. Hitting back to hide the context menu leaves the navigation menu still open. Well... At least it works part of the time... Sometimes I just have to be really quick. Let go before the context menu opens, and quick pick what I want from the menu before the linked page loads.

/edit: I had brought this up to Dolby once, long ago, and he said that it worked if he just tapped the nav bar (or something like that - was a long time ago). I could never get that to work myself, though.
I tried a long tap before, Firefox doesn't propagate it to the page, just opens the context menu. The menus pop up on a normal tap, but it then immediately follows the button's link. It's only a minor annoyance, I use my computer most of the time on this site.
08-08-14, 03:50 PM   #7
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
If I double tap quickly in chrome they work on my nexus 7. Installing Firefox.

Edit: Yeah in Firefox the double tab doesnt open drop down menus like in Android Chrome and iOS. Will have to research if there is a way to fix this.

Last edited by Dolby : 08-08-14 at 03:52 PM.
08-08-14, 08:29 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Double-tap has only ever zoomed in/out for me. (Currently using Chrome on an LG G2, running Android 4.4.2)

/edit: the menu opens on the first tap (of the double-tap) and then closes again while the page zooms in/out for the second tap. If I tap once, quickly, the menu opens, but then the link is followed to the other page.

/edit2: just as an aside, the menus do still open with a tap for entries in the navigation bar without an attached link (like the Author menu)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Last edited by Seerah : 08-08-14 at 08:33 PM.
08-08-14, 09:14 PM   #9
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
/edit2: just as an aside, the menus do still open with a tap for entries in the navigation bar without an attached link (like the Author menu)
Those work on mine too, hence why I singled out the two menus in my post.
08-22-14, 09:00 AM   #10
morpheusxeno
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I get around this with google chrome by holding my finger on it and opening it in a new tab.
08-22-14, 02:46 PM   #11
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Will have to research if there is a way to fix this.
I use the following with Modernizr and jQuery to fix hover dropdowns on several sites I manage:

Code:
if (Modernizr.touch) {
	$('#menu [aria-haspopup] > a').attr('href', '#');
}
The top-level links are already duplicated in the dropdown, so this doesn't actually render any links inaccessible. The lack of a valid href attribute is also why the author and user dropdowns already work on mobile devices.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Addons and Forums menus inaccessible on mobile devices