10-15-14, 05:50 AM   #1
natassja72
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Sort by status (up to date/update available).

1. With over 100 addons installed I really miss the option to sort the addons by their status (update available/up to date). Just as it is in Curse client. Scrolling addons manually one by one to find the ones that require updating is inconvinient. (I prefer to have this control over automated updating).

2. I would also like option for Minion to refresh/check updates on demand, espeially on a patch day like today when newly updated addons arrive constantly.

3. Option to delete saved variables, again just like in Curse client.

4. Not sure whether it was issue with Minion, but.. Even though I set my UAC level to zero, the installer wouldn't let me change install folder. It would say it couldn't create any new folders. At that time I did not think to create the desired folder beforehand and just point the installer to it, but this issue never happened to me when installing other applications, the option to create new folder other than the default one is always possible.
10-15-14, 06:52 AM   #2
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Your first suggestion is kinda where I was trying to go with :

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=50066

But my fuzzy sleep deprieved mind couldn't articulate it as well as you tho
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
10-15-14, 09:15 AM   #3
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
1. Thanks for the feedback, we have had that feature ticketed, just bumped it in priority some more because of you and Bluspacecow.

2. Minion polls our server for updated data ever 60 minutes if you leave it open. If you have the auto update feature enabled under options it will even auto install the updates for you.

3. Good idea, making a ticket for that now.

4. Interesting, what operating system are you on? Where were you trying to install Minion? Does the user account have admin privileges?

I haven't seen this issue yet. I know many of our international folks running non-latin versions of windows have to install it in other locations and haven't experienced this because Minion currently has a bug if your username is non-latin (default install location has the windows username in the path).
10-17-14, 06:20 AM   #4
natassja72
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
4. Interesting, what operating system are you on? Where were you trying to install Minion? Does the user account have admin privileges?

I haven't seen this issue yet. I know many of our international folks running non-latin versions of windows have to install it in other locations and haven't experienced this because Minion currently has a bug if your username is non-latin (default install location has the windows username in the path).
My system is Windows7, I installed the system myself, and it always runs on the main account (in Control Panel it says that my account name is Administrator account. I don't really know much about account privileges except basic stuff and I let Windows run with mostly default settings after install). Noone uses this computer except me.

I was trying to install Minion to where I install everything else, in C:/Program Files/, also tried C:/Program files (x86)/
Account name contains only regular letters.

Last edited by natassja72 : 10-17-14 at 06:23 AM.
10-17-14, 10:54 AM   #5
PeterGunn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Sort Updates

This is sorely needed. I was running 157 add-on's before 6.0 (yes 157). I am an addict I admit it. Yes my load times were pretty slow... The 6.0 patch broke most of them and dropped me down to around 100 (a lot of them I have been personally keeping up myself. TOC updates and very very minor LUA fixes ( I know enough to break things and or accidentally fix them), but 100 is still too many for me to pick through. Need to be able to sort them to the top! Thanks!

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Sort by status (up to date/update available).