05-23-10, 02:31 PM   #1
therhh
A Kobold Labourer
LF addon suite that works for 1366 x 768

Hi, I currently play on a new 15.6 in screen laptop with 1366 x 768 resolution. I browsed a lot of suites and base ui to start with, but about all of them are simply awful with my low resolution, to the point of hurting my eyes trying to read the small fonts. i tried to raise the font size but that just made everything a cluttered mess.

Currently i'm using Sid's addon pack which is designed for my resolution, though i like it, i feel that the space it gave for grid is too small, especially now that im thinking of going holy on my pally/

Does anyone have any suggestions for an addon that works well with my resolution? My two mains are a mage and a pally.

Last edited by therhh : 05-23-10 at 02:48 PM.
05-23-10, 02:39 PM   #2
Eas
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't know any off the top of my head, but you could always try creating your own interface.

My gf always had problems finding UI's that she liked for that resolution, so she just makes he own now.
05-23-10, 03:41 PM   #3
markv
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
You could try any addon that was designed for a 16:9 aspect ratio since that's close to what you're sitting at with your laptop. Just take H/V=1.xxx and that should give you a start.

ie 1680/1050 = 1.6, 1600/900 = 1.77~, 1024/768 = 1.33~, 1366/768 = 1.7786 etc etc.

Hope that helps you out in your search.
05-23-10, 04:24 PM   #4
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
You can always combine certain parts of AddOn compilations (you can even take out certain AddOn settings by copying the lua file in the WTF folder).

The most important parts of the UI are the unit frames and the actionbars. Pick those two by choosing a compilation that has either or both of these with settings that you like and/or suit your playing style. Off course you can pick your actionbar layout very easily with the major actionbar AddOns.

Next step is finding out what parts of the default UI you find attractive or not, and supplement the above two with (an) AddOn(s) for that/those specific feature(s).

Then configure the added AddOns with a unified idea, same font, same statusbar texture, same width (for example a DPS/threat meter under the minimap), backgrounds/borders.

If the AddOn does not have enough configuration options/features, see if there is another one that does, or submit a feature request for it. A lot of authors can either accept the request, or give advice on what they recommend for it. Compilation authors however, mostly do not, unless they have included AddOns by their own hand(s). I am talking about various persons here.

That's just the general idea in the wow UI community really

Last edited by ravagernl : 05-23-10 at 04:30 PM.
05-23-10, 04:54 PM   #5
Wella
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Just search for '1366x768'. This is pretty decent. My other monitor has the same resolution, but I make my own UIs.
* ncHoverBind - I'm a Lock, what can you expect?
* oGlow - Agan, a missing feature
* Recount - Derp
* ShooShards - Another missing feature

"Your idea is good. So i will try it."
- popmissa

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » LF addon suite that works for 1366 x 768