07-26-11, 10:05 AM   #1
lars_ulrich62
A Fallenroot Satyr
Pretty Colors

HOW do i get back the colors of the area the quest is in? i have a dot. but really like the visual of the color that shows the area the quest is in..

it works in TB but not in FL....

07-26-11, 11:01 AM   #2
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by lars_ulrich62 View Post
HOW do i get back the colors of the area the quest is in? i have a dot. but really like the visual of the color that shows the area the quest is in..

it works in TB but not in FL....
We don't have data for the Firelands quests yet so currently we're displaying the in-game quest coordinates. After our next release we should have data for most of the Firelands quests and you'll see areas and quest starters.

07-30-11, 11:18 AM   #3
Sakaja
A Defias Bandit
The colored areas where quests (dailies in this case) can be completed used to show up for me in Hyjal, but as of yesterday they have disappeared. I did not change any settings, and have reviewed all of the quest/map settings, but nothing I do seems to work. All I have is a dot now, instead of the colored areas. Am I doing something wrong?

07-30-11, 05:14 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you are using the Carbonite Quest Watch window (quest tracker) look at the header for it (where the colored buttons are). Make sure the green button is BRIGHT GREEN. If it isn't, just click on it and it should change.

Here's an explanation for those buttons from the "CarbonitrReadMe" that can be found in your main Carbonite folder in the "AddOns" folder:
Quest Watch List

The watch window is draggable but not sizeable. It grows and shrinks as needed based on the quests you are currently watching. The Watch window can be made into a sizeable scrolling list if "Use fixed size list" is checked in the Quest Watch page of the Options window.

The green button toggles if all watched quests will be shown on the map and is on by default.

The purple "Auto Track" button will target the highest priority quest objective and updates dynamically as you move. Priority is based on distance, quest level and if the quest is complete.

The yellow/blue "Quest Givers" button shows Quest Giver icons on the map. Normal ones are shown as parchment icons. Daily quest givers as blue ! icons.

Button colors:
Dark yellow = No givers
Yellow = Quest givers and daily givers
Blue = Daily givers

The white "Show Party Quests" button determines if quests from other party members with Carbonite will also be shown in the Watch List.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

08-03-11, 03:18 PM   #5
Zen'Assima
A Defias Bandit
hey there you great developers

i have a problem with the colors, too.
from one to the other moment all quest areas disappeared. no colors anymore on my map!!! (and i'm so addicted to it, cause of my lag of orientation)
i've changed nothing on the options/settings. i only changed some positions of my bartender bars. (i also have atlas and npcscan, but they alle worked together well until yet)
perhaps i clicked accidentally something? i'm desperate!

please please please give me back my orientation and show me how i get back the colored areas and questionmarks

thank you very much and sorry for my english

08-03-11, 03:27 PM   #6
Zen'Assima
A Defias Bandit
ohhhh sorry, i'm so blond and stupid!!!!!
i really clicked accidentally something on that little midget quest bar as i changed all positions. now i know what jeffy162 ment, i looked at the wrong place before and didn't understand it.
thank god, i find my ways now.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Pretty Colors