09-06-12, 02:49 PM   #1
Noangel41
A Murloc Raider
Arrow Carbonite Addon in WOW

Since the new patch last week carbonite has not been functioning well. and a outdated message appears at each log on and there does not seem to be any new versions other than the current one. Is this just on my end or will there be an update to handle some of the new content in the recent wow patch that has been released with some of the new mop content?

09-06-12, 03:09 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I would take a look here in the Carbonite section of the forums.

09-07-12, 08:13 AM   #3
Neequs
A Kobold Labourer
Carbonite Developers lack of communication

Going to an alternate website to download Carbonite, still doesn't answer the original question. When will the developers update the original Carbonite? They have had plenty of time at this point to either do the updates or at a minimum put up a post with a status update. The fact that they haven't is actually a disservice to their supporters. If they are done with it and don't want to update anymore then they should let us know so people who have gone through the effort to do their own updates can now benefit from the donations. I appreciate the effort put through by the others and it isn't fair to them not to get the recognition. I don't think Carbonite should benefit from their efforts.

09-07-12, 03:01 PM   #4
Noangel41
A Murloc Raider
Arrow

First I want to thank the second person who responded! To Vis, redirecting me to a carbonite ui link still does not solve the issue that Carbonite is out of date with the new content that Blizzard has installed in the latest patch!!! Instead of redirection I agree that either it gets updated since there is a large amount of people who use it or decided what else is going to be done, Why wait until the expansion drops in a few weeks to overload our systems with the heavy download of MoP and the longer than usual update of this addon because of the even larger amount of content being added. Far be it to make sense to update it to handle the current amount of additional information that has been downloaded from Blizzard and again with the final release of the remaining information for the expansion. Otherwise the vast amount of gamers that use Carbonite addon remain in the dark while the current version fails to support WOW and it's new content!

09-07-12, 03:19 PM   #5
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Noangel41 View Post
First I want to thank the second person who responded! To Vis, redirecting me to a carbonite ui link still does not solve the issue that Carbonite is out of date with the new content that Blizzard has installed in the latest patch!!! Instead of redirection I agree that either it gets updated since there is a large amount of people who use it or decided what else is going to be done, Why wait until the expansion drops in a few weeks to overload our systems with the heavy download of MoP and the longer than usual update of this addon because of the even larger amount of content being added. Far be it to make sense to update it to handle the current amount of additional information that has been downloaded from Blizzard and again with the final release of the remaining information for the expansion. Otherwise the vast amount of gamers that use Carbonite addon remain in the dark while the current version fails to support WOW and it's new content!
Not sure where you think this additional stuff is coming from, We have the entire patch loaded and ready to go, you had everything that is and everything that will be when 5.0 came live, they are not adding anything else. Nor do I understand what your looking for, since the link you were provided is a fully working carbonite not only for things now, but also things coming. Making demands on the creators will get you no where, they will update when they update, if they decide to update.

They don't owe any of us anything. Carbonite is not the only vastly popular addon not yet updated, so it's not like it's a special case, just ask the users of power aura's how 5.0 is, oh wait they can't tell you because it got pulled for a couple weeks until the code is perfect, rather then deal with people complaining about bugs.

If you don't want to use the fan made 5.0 update you were linked to that's your choice, but don't come in here making demands of the developers. If they want to update it they will, if they don't they won't.

09-07-12, 03:20 PM   #6
Humblepride
A Kobold Labourer
Update

I have not gone through a major patch update where carbonite has not come back up within a few weeks but everyone needs to remain patient. There is a lot of work that has to still be done as a huge portion of the addon is the in game map system and technically the whole map is not released yet so it will not do us any real good until after the actual expansion hits and even then I would give it a week so that all the bugs can be worked out. If you need this addon because you have no clue what to do then use this time as an opportunity to learn how people used to play the game... without addons.

09-07-12, 03:22 PM   #7
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Humblepride View Post
I have not gone through a major patch update where carbonite has not come back up within a few weeks but everyone needs to remain patient. There is a lot of work that has to still be done as a huge portion of the addon is the in game map system and technically the whole map is not released yet so it will not do us any real good until after the actual expansion hits and even then I would give it a week so that all the bugs can be worked out. If you need this addon because you have no clue what to do then use this time as an opportunity to learn how people used to play the game... without addons.
Actually we do have the entire map, everything pandaria got added in the 6GB download we did just before august 28th.

09-07-12, 03:50 PM   #8
Noangel41
A Murloc Raider
I am not making demands but simply stating that the maps and the quest components are not as they were before the last patch. As for me getting around and playing the game , I have done so for 5 yrs and did not always use carbonite. I don't use it for anything but for the simple reason the maps are nicer then those in game! So don't get all rallied up! lmao It is not that I do not want to use the link, but perhaps unsure of how to make it work or does it install the same way! I have been struggling with the maps in carbonite since the last blizz patch on wow about a week ago. Reloading the ui does not help and the map is black beyond your zoned in area and the quests no longer appear in the map!!! so this is a carbonite issue not a blizz issue this was my whole reason for posting, however this will be my last as why should I post when some people get defensive and almost seems like an attack versus an answer to try to help! Wow so much for a place to go to feel comfortable to ask questions or voice opinions!

09-07-12, 04:29 PM   #9
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Noangel41 View Post
I am not making demands but simply stating that the maps and the quest components are not as they were before the last patch. As for me getting around and playing the game , I have done so for 5 yrs and did not always use carbonite. I don't use it for anything but for the simple reason the maps are nicer then those in game! So don't get all rallied up! lmao It is not that I do not want to use the link, but perhaps unsure of how to make it work or does it install the same way! I have been struggling with the maps in carbonite since the last blizz patch on wow about a week ago. Reloading the ui does not help and the map is black beyond your zoned in area and the quests no longer appear in the map!!! so this is a carbonite issue not a blizz issue this was my whole reason for posting, however this will be my last as why should I post when some people get defensive and almost seems like an attack versus an answer to try to help! Wow so much for a place to go to feel comfortable to ask questions or voice opinions!
It was not ment as an attack, just the way you responded sounded like you were unhappy Vis pointed you in the right direction to get a MoP carbonite, and were demanding answers or an update from the developers. Sorry if I took it wrong.

09-07-12, 04:44 PM   #10
Noangel41
A Murloc Raider
I too am sorry if I sounded like I was demanding I am not trying to be, but merely frustrated. I did go to the link and awaiting my approval to the group so I can try to see the add on for mop.

09-07-12, 06:20 PM   #11
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
it is not in the donators section, here in this forum is a topic (created by me) called Carbonite 5.04 and contains an update to carbonite done by me to get people through until the devs have time to do one.

09-07-12, 06:41 PM   #12
ced_1973
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The Devs are done with this.. and Just put in that they have a copy right doesn't mean they really do.

It's an Addon they aren't allowed to make money on.. So there for why pay the copy write fees?

So keep up the good work updating this... because you have done more the devs have in a year or so.

And you are from the U.S. I know they would not have gone the distance to put a international copy write on this addon.

09-08-12, 10:18 AM   #13
Noangel41
A Murloc Raider
Rythal, thank you. I am not sure but I did apply to the area that says n1.. with newsletter not a donor. lol sorry i'm so confused I want to try your update and I do appreciate your responses!

09-09-12, 11:21 AM   #14
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by ced_1973 View Post
The Devs are done with this.. and Just put in that they have a copy right doesn't mean they really do.

It's an Addon they aren't allowed to make money on.. So there for why pay the copy write fees?

So keep up the good work updating this... because you have done more the devs have in a year or so.

And you are from the U.S. I know they would not have gone the distance to put a international copy write on this addon.
You don't know whether the devs are done with this, unless you've spoken to them directly. Last time they posted here, they said they hadn't made a decision, and would let us know when they did.

As for that last bit, apparently with all your supreme knowledge of copyright law, you've never heard of the Berne Convention.

09-09-12, 11:34 AM   #15
Maggz
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
@noangel i believe you clicked the wrong link to get the file. to get the file simply click the link Vis posted where it says <<"HERE">> that link will take you to the forums where rythal has post an offsite link to where he put his fan updated version of carbonite. Once you get to that posted link look for his link of where to download carbonite. If you require further help on installing his fan update for MoP im sure someone will be very happy to assist you.

09-09-12, 11:43 AM   #16
Cutewitch
A Kobold Labourer
Smile

Hello
Its not just you who is having the problem with Carbonite, many of us are, and we are still waiting and wondering if Carbonite is just waiting on MoP to bring out the new update for all of us..
For now.. like most of us.. just use the oudated version or Blizz addons

09-09-12, 03:19 PM   #17
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Cutewitch View Post
Hello
Its not just you who is having the problem with Carbonite, many of us are, and we are still waiting and wondering if Carbonite is just waiting on MoP to bring out the new update for all of us..
For now.. like most of us.. just use the oudated version or Blizz addons
I dunno if i'd say most... based on the download numbers I'd say a lot are using the 5.0 version

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite Addon in WOW