07-18-07, 10:26 AM   #1
Ringleron
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Target of Target

Originally Posted by Magistar
First off, thanks Mazzle and all your contributors for a great interface! I love it!

I play a 61 Blood elf mage and I'm trying to figure out how to quickly select the target of target. Is there a binded key, I know I'm probably just missing it somewhere?

Thanks guys!
Magistar:

I haven't completely tested it but...

In Clique (hopefully, you are using this GREAT addon), in the Custom section, there is an "Assist Unit" option. You can bind that to a mouse click option to assist your party member.

Additionally, you can also bind macros to Clique (Run Macro option) and set the macro how you want it to work.
07-18-07, 10:29 AM   #2
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I believe that it's even bound to "F" by default in the Blizzard UI?
07-18-07, 10:32 AM   #3
Ringleron
Originally Posted by Layrajha
I believe that it's even bound to "F" by default in the Blizzard UI?
Yes that is correct, but that would require clicking on the party member FIRST and then hitting the assist key.

Magister was asking how to "quickly" pick Target of Target.

Just giving him some options.

EDIT:

This would be good for the Hunter layout as "F" is bound to switching to between melee abilites and range.
07-18-07, 10:35 AM   #4
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

Well, if the question is "how to target the target of my target", the "assist" command does exactly that? No need to target someone else between or anything? And well, about "F" being the default binding, I may be wrong for sure, I've not ever been using F for that, so...
But I don't really understand the problem
07-18-07, 10:43 AM   #5
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
If you "assist" your partymember (now your Target), you are now targeting their target (Target of Target).

Clique is nice in that you can bind a mouseclick (or combination thereof) to assist your partymember when you do the combination over the party frame. You don't even need to have the partymember in your main target window to do that. Pretty sweet.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
07-18-07, 10:50 AM   #6
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Geboran
If you "assist" your partymember (now your Target), you are now targeting their target (Target of Target).

Clique is nice in that you can bind a mouseclick (or combination thereof) to assist your partymember when you do the combination over the party frame. You don't even need to have the partymember in your main target window to do that. Pretty sweet.
I understand that, and he could even have macros like /cast [target=party2target] Fireball, but my point is that he's asking for a way to assist, which might be in a party or not, targetting party members from their frames or from the 3D world (or from the "target nearest friend" key), etc... ^^
07-18-07, 11:32 AM   #7
Ringleron
Originally Posted by Layrajha
I understand that, and he could even have macros like /cast [target=party2target] Fireball, but my point is that he's asking for a way to assist, which might be in a party or not, targetting party members from their frames or from the 3D world (or from the "target nearest friend" key), etc... ^^
I assumed that Magister was referring to a party member.
07-18-07, 11:42 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Magister didn't say anything about some random player in the 3-d world or a party member. They said Target of Target.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-18-07, 11:52 AM   #9
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

It's fun how we're arguing on that when we all agree with each other and understand what each other thought
07-18-07, 12:05 PM   #10
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Heh.

Of course, I think he can even set a keybinding for Target of Target directly (much like how your party members are selected using F1 thru F4).

He might be asking if there is a "default" keybinding for Target of Target in Mazzle's UI. That I am not sure of honestly, but will look into it tonight after work and find out.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
07-18-07, 12:13 PM   #11
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

No there isn't, but it would be a pretty trivial thing for me to add. You could also just create a macro and either throw it in a button or use SpellBinder to give a keybinding.

And if you haven't noticed, the area under the target frame where it says "Looking at ..." is a fully click-castable and selectable ToT frame.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Target of Target