08-03-07, 03:19 PM   #1
Congelatore
A Murloc Raider
Recomended Settings?

So I'm running XP Pro with 2 gig of ram, 2.54GHz, good motherboard, geforce4 ti4600, and keep my system clean and smooth running. When I'm using Mazzle UI and very VERY limited setting, even disabling the discord unit frames targets and 3d models but keeping the skin.. I get horrible lag when in a raid party.

Why is this? How can I get rid of all of the excess of the UI but just keep the skin and raid frames layout, that's all I really want or need. I've diabled everything I possibly can that will still allow me to see the skin at the bottom. thx

Last edited by Congelatore : 08-03-07 at 03:23 PM.
08-03-07, 03:27 PM   #2
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Have you updated all of the various addons and libraries from files.wowace.com that are part of the compilation?

Using the WoWAceUpdater program available at www.wowace.com helps tremendously with this.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
08-03-07, 03:35 PM   #3
stec
A Cliff Giant
He doesnt need to update tbh at this point after the new release, unless youve added your own addons, no-one should.

The art work and raid layouts are part of the compilation and i believe mazzle's code will have this linked to various other addons, thus disabling the rest may hinder the addons you want to work, i cant answer directly what you should do i believe mazzle will clarify when he answers.
08-03-07, 03:50 PM   #4
Congelatore
A Murloc Raider
Well I have everything disabled except the raid frames (I have main tank targets disables) and discord unit frams to allow me to see the black skin at the bottom. I have everything else in discord disabled, such as the target, ToT, and player models. Discord seems to be way too demanind of an addon.

Again, the lag only happens when I'm in a 25-man raid. The game becomes unplayable.
08-03-07, 03:55 PM   #5
Geboran
There could be some library dependencies disabled that you might need.

I suggest that you re-enable the bugsack and buggrabber addons and join a raid (some pvp one if you're not going to a PvE raid soon enough) and see what kinds of errors it picks up. If there is a reference to a library dependency missing, you'll need to re-enable it.

Just to be safe with the UI, I would enable all of the Library addons.
08-03-07, 03:58 PM   #6
Congelatore
A Murloc Raider
I guess it would just be nice to have the addon have only the skin and raid addons and not all of the other numberous addons.
08-03-07, 04:05 PM   #7
Geboran
Originally Posted by Congelatore
I guess it would just be nice to have the addon have only the skin and raid addons and not all of the other numberous addons.
That could be done sooner than you think.
08-03-07, 04:40 PM   #8
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I wouldn't be so quick to assign blame to "these numerous other add-ons". While it may make sense that the number of add-ons is proportional to the computational cost of add-ons, my experience that these kind of marked performance decrease that occur only in specific contexts usually has a specific source. A brute force disabling of tons of stuff may resolve your issue, but it's probably not necessary.

Since you've given very little information other than it only occurs in 25-mans, the only thing that comes to mind is something I heard on the ace forums a while back about cycircled interacting with autobar poorly in raids. If you were using the circled button options, you may want to try turning cycircled and/or autobar off and see if it has any impact.

Other than that, I'd do the normal troubleshooting type stuff. Disable things in sets until you can pinpoint a source. Keep an eye out for any errors that occur in bugsack. The fact that your problem is so noticeable and repeatable actually makes it easier to troubleshot. Since this does not seem to be an issue that the vast majority of users are experiencing, I'd make sure to first disable any add-ons that you've added, even if they are critical to you, at least until you identify what the issue is.

p.s. As for updating, since you're having issues, I'd give it a shot.
08-03-07, 04:44 PM   #9
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Geboran
Originally Posted by Congelatore
That could be done sooner than you think.
You can already do that by selecting a minimal install and answering yes to the relevant raid questions. Not that much is running at that point, and you still have all the mazzleui-specific stuff, including the raid layout stuff. You can probably even turn off DUF and other things at that point if you wanted to.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Recomended Settings?