09-04-07, 03:29 AM   #1
Stormcrowsix
A Defias Bandit
A few beginnersquestions about the looks

First of all, tnx a lot for this UI. Not trying to suck up here, but I just learned to know about this interface in a PvP movie yesterday, I installed it (I had like 25 different UI's in the last 2 years) and this one is

- the easiest to install, never had such a nice feauture to help you configure everything
- the most logic one, you can acces everything, see all data, and yet you don't need to look to long to adjust something
- one of the nicest looking I ever had, without messing with images, resolution, etc...

But still, I have a few questions, that I didn't found in these forums (looked briefly through the topics) and if these are already answered, please excuse me, just redirect me or throw me a L2Read N00b

* Buffs

I am used to seeing my buffs (with timers)/ cooldowns in the upper right corner. Since that corner is not used by any other mod, I would like to place my buffs there instead of left above my character. Wich addon is responsible for the buffs etc, so that i can move em.

* Skins

Is it possible to modify one of the skins, so that i can put my name on it in the background? Just a small thing, but would like it to personalize my UI

* Zooming

if you have a char targetted, it appears in the middle of the screen, where you can rotate the model and zoom on it. However, if you zoom in, a bit closer, you always zoom in on the legs/crouch, and although this would come in handy IRL in a sauna or anything, I would like it to zoom in more on the chest/head. Is that possible? Am I doing something wrong?

* Partyoptions

if I am in a party, and I want to change lootsystem or leave party or something, I need to hold shift while rightclicking on my char to bring these up...
A friend of mine who installed the UI with slightly different setup doesnt need to do this... Again, am I doing something wrong? Also, how do I invite someone in the party by clicking on it (instead of writing /inv x), cause in the middle around a char i have /w, trade, inspect, but no inv...

* Macro's

Last but not least, yesterday i made a macro to use with the addon quarts (you know, the /stopcasting /cast LB rank 12 macro) but I couldnt, he kept saying something in chatframe in a red text about decursive and not missing this great function...

How can I make a macro then, and just drag it onto a bar, in such a manner that it would actually work instead of just going grey and staying grey, spamming chatframe?

Maybe this has something to do with that clicquer thing, I have no idea, I don't know this particular addon..

Srry for all the questions, if you could answer them (or 1... Or a few) I would be really thankfull. If already asked and my lazy eyes have lmissed it, please flame L2ReadN00b, but at the same time please ad me a link to it...

Tnx a lot in advance!
09-04-07, 07:34 AM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
With the skins, get BLP2PNG at this site, and use it on the skin you want to modify. Then put your name on it and use BLP2PNG on the converted files with your name on it and put them back in the folder they came from.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
09-04-07, 09:39 AM   #3
Tyrolit
A Black Drake

To move your buffs, go into mazzle options, then under unit frames is Discord this will allow you to move your buffs, it may take a bit of looking at as it can appear daunting at 1st. but its easy once you select the correct options

Party options prob..... there's and addon name Qlique this allows click casting, eg left click on party frame to greater heal, right click to cast renew etc, you can disable this in the mazzle options.

Macro's.... i like to put my macro's on the context menu ( 2nd top right hotspot ) you can put on your action bars also by going to your FuBar at the top of the screen, on the far right is a mazzle option set, under bongo's on this menu you can configure your action bars to add an extra button to any set of button, also give it a key binding

as for decursive, look up decursive on this site and see how to set up the macro, also im sure there is an old thread on these forums explaining how to disable the warning if you dont want to use a decursive macro

sorry if this seems a bit rushed, I am but i hope it helps you.
09-04-07, 02:05 PM   #4
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Stormcrowsix
* Zooming

if you have a char targetted, it appears in the middle of the screen, where you can rotate the model and zoom on it. However, if you zoom in, a bit closer, you always zoom in on the legs/crouch, and although this would come in handy IRL in a sauna or anything, I would like it to zoom in more on the chest/head. Is that possible? Am I doing something wrong?
No, that is not possible. This is only the 3d model add-on that comes configured to show every mob in the game correctly. To do this, every model had to be adjusted individually, since, unfortunately, Blizzard neither maintained any consistency in the scaling and position of the models nor gave us any mechanism to normalize them. As a result, zooming and scaling will have inconsistent effects; it all depends on the particular starting parameters of that model.

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is enabled in the public version, but you can try shift-dragging the model. It should move the camera around in the 3d space. I think ctrl-dragging is scale. You won't be able to save the camera though.

if I am in a party, and I want to change lootsystem or leave party or something, I need to hold shift while rightclicking on my char to bring these up...
A friend of mine who installed the UI with slightly different setup doesnt need to do this... Again, am I doing something wrong? Also, how do I invite someone in the party by clicking on it (instead of writing /inv x), cause in the middle around a char i have /w, trade, inspect, but no inv...
Answered in the FAQ and about a million threads in this forum.

* Macro's

Last but not least, yesterday i made a macro to use with the addon quarts (you know, the /stopcasting /cast LB rank 12 macro) but I couldnt, he kept saying something in chatframe in a red text about decursive and not missing this great function...

How can I make a macro then, and just drag it onto a bar, in such a manner that it would actually work instead of just going grey and staying grey, spamming chatframe?

Maybe this has something to do with that clicquer thing, I have no idea, I don't know this particular addon.
That sounds odd. I definitely don't think Clique has anything to do with it. And I don't think decursive's macro will interfere with the use of normal macros, unless you happen to be trying to do stuff to the decursive micro-unitframes. Anyway, just look in decursive's settings. There are options to turn off the warning and instructions on how to set up the macro if you do want to use it.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 09-04-07 at 02:59 PM.
09-04-07, 05:56 PM   #5
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
With the skins, get BLP2PNG at this site, and use it on the skin you want to modify. Then put your name on it and use BLP2PNG on the converted files with your name on it and put them back in the folder they came from.
Actually the BLP2PNG from this site does not work, it'd be better to download it from curse-gaming.
09-04-07, 06:09 PM   #6
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by 123noob
Actually the BLP2PNG from this site does not work, it'd be better to download it from curse-gaming.
It works OK for me..there will be times when it doesn't like to, usually after converting a bunch of jpg files to targa. :/

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
09-04-07, 09:05 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You most likely set your macro up incorrectly. Decursive just catches some messages and displays them as Decursive messages, when they actually arent. (for example - Decursive tells me when I sheep something manually, even when not using the MUF's/have Decursive do the sheeping)

What is your macro?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » A few beginnersquestions about the looks