09-05-07, 10:12 AM   #1
Detritis
A Black Drake
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yams (Yet another Mazzle Skin)

Detritis's MazzleUI Skin

Installation Instructions:

1) Unzip the addon to your AddOns folder found in the Interface folder in your WoW directory!

3) Open the Mazzifier folder, and make a backup of the Mazzifier_Globals.lua file.

4) Open the MazzleUI_Skin_Detritis_Human folder, and either cut or copy the Mazzifier_Globals.lua file and then open the Mazzifier folder again and paste the Mazzifier_Globals.lua file which will overwrite the original.

4) In game, type "/mazzify" and choose Look 'n Feel, then select the Detritis Human skin option.

Enjoy. Post all flames, suggestions and comments in this thread please.

*** EDIT *** Full credit to 123noob for his excellent work on the Nightelf skin which this human version is based on.

Detritis
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090507_171745.jpg
Views:	1067
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	1396  
Attached Files
File Type: zip MazzleUI_Skin_Detritis_Human.zip (63.8 KB, 625 views)

Last edited by Detritis : 09-06-07 at 06:57 AM.
09-05-07, 10:31 AM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That's really good. The only thing I would add is a background, it would look better than just black.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
09-05-07, 10:47 AM   #3
Detritis
A Black Drake
Yeah I do agree with you however this was my very first attempt at skinning anything and I dont feel upto the challenge quite yet of adding a background

I'll see about a version 2 when I feel strong enough to tackle photoshop again

Detritis
09-05-07, 12:55 PM   #4
Rabscuttle of Executus
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Eager to see what you can do for a background, keep it up
09-05-07, 11:45 PM   #5
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I like it. If it were me I'd just add a different color than black (staring at something that dark seems to hurt my eyes a lot). But besides that, awesome
09-06-07, 06:03 AM   #6
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Not to be rude or anything, but I noticed that you're using my nightelf theme as your outline. All you did was just having two textures of human castle skin overlaying the leaves and erasing any of those that are visible. Same goes for the minimap. So if you could atleast say which, who or whatever helped/give/etc... you to create this theme.

If you had taken everything off after putting up your skins, then I wouldn't have said anything, but here you just basically added and take away things from mine.

I know that the stuff I used are not original as well, but the idea of putting them was my original ideas, I just used WCIII skins and did mention where I got the skins from.

These themes I made for MazzleUI, some of them took a long time for me to get the idea of where to put, cut, add/modify things and such, so I hope you understand.

Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited by 123noob : 09-06-07 at 06:50 AM.
09-06-07, 06:49 AM   #7
Detritis
A Black Drake
While it is true that I used your outline for the Floating Cave and the minimap I did not use your outline for the bulk of my skin.

I took the human skin from the original Warcraft 3 files which I got from somewhere (eludes me right now) heavily modified it to get rid of the gold outlines, blue bags ... blah, blah, blah ( which is why the background is black ) and used some of the other templates to get the sizes right.

Now if you are arguing over the floating cave and minimap, appologies as I didnt see it nescessary to reinvent the wheel.

If you still have problems with this I will gladly remove the skin from the site.
09-06-07, 06:56 AM   #8
Rabscuttle of Executus
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Don't take it down, I don't think that's what 123noob was getting at. Your edit of the original post should be sufficient. Also maybe mention him/her in the description of the skin in the Mazzifier_Globals.lua, assuming there is one (I still haven't dl the skin heh )
09-06-07, 07:10 AM   #9
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Don't worry, I have absolutely no problem with this. I just want to verify that's all. But I have to admit I'm still a bit skeptical about bottom1-4 (maybe I'm wrong, but hope you understand). (not to anger or condemn you or anyone). But everything's fine though.

Last edited by 123noob : 09-06-07 at 07:15 AM.
09-06-07, 07:45 AM   #10
Detritis
A Black Drake
Hmmm yeah I can see what you are saying but I can assure you that the only thing I took from bottom 1-4 from your NE skin was the actual dimensions so that it lined up properly.

As you said it takes a great deal of effort and time to properly align and place the textures and appologies again for the slip in not crediting you where credit was due (am only human after all )

* Edit: here is the original image I butchered and used as the skin.

Detritis
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HumanUITile01.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	1398  

Last edited by Detritis : 09-06-07 at 07:56 AM.
09-06-07, 08:19 AM   #11
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Detritis
Hmmm yeah I can see what you are saying but I can assure you that the only thing I took from bottom 1-4 from your NE skin was the actual dimensions so that it lined up properly.

As you said it takes a great deal of effort and time to properly align and place the textures and appologies again for the slip in not crediting you where credit was due (am only human after all )

* Edit: here is the original image I butchered and used as the skin.

Detritis
Thank you for verifying this, and sorry for the misunderstanding.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Yams (Yet another Mazzle Skin)