11-14-07, 02:26 AM   #1
SenseiLoki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Map questions

OK sO upon logging in today I updated everything. That is not my problem. My problem is this new "tracking" thing blizzard put in. It shows a yellow [!] when i have a person on my map that is giving a quest. Now I would not mind this if I was not in an area that has 10 quest givers in a 100ft radius. Is there a way to turn off that ability to track quest givers?
11-14-07, 03:59 AM   #2
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Sorry i dont know that, they get a bit in the way though eh
Furthermore though, How can one remove the minimap tracking button? I don't need it.
I wont hijack the thread more, promise
11-14-07, 11:09 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
No, you cannot hide the ! and ? on your map. At least not yet, who knows if they'll add that into Interface Options in the future or not. (Then again, it may already be there - I didn't look.)

As for the tracking button itself, mine is being hidden. Probably by EBB. And TrackerFu was updated yesterday to handle the new tracking options.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-14-07, 03:25 PM   #4
SenseiLoki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Seerah
No, you cannot hide the ! and ? on your map. At least not yet, who knows if they'll add that into Interface Options in the future or not. (Then again, it may already be there - I didn't look.)
Arrg that blows. It is not really annoying when I am in a place with a FEW but more than 3 and my eyes bleed from all the yellow lol

Originally Posted by Seerah
As for the tracking button itself, mine is being hidden. Probably by EBB. And TrackerFu was updated yesterday to handle the new tracking options.
Yeah mine is hidden as well and it is by EBB (thank god that was updated I had to go back to an old version of that for a few hours)
11-14-07, 04:00 PM   #5
Norque
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You might be interested in this little mod of mine

LittleExclaim

Changes the new ! and ? to be much smaller
11-14-07, 07:59 PM   #6
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Qynova
Sorry i dont know that, they get a bit in the way though eh
Furthermore though, How can one remove the minimap tracking button? I don't need it.
I wont hijack the thread more, promise
Tracking Button Hider
11-15-07, 06:12 AM   #7
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Thanks And whats EBB? I use Simple Mini Map atm, i hope you can hide the new tracking button with SMM in the near future, it used to hide the old tracking button.
11-15-07, 07:03 AM   #8
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Qynova
Thanks And whats EBB? I use Simple Mini Map atm, i hope you can hide the new tracking button with SMM in the near future, it used to hide the old tracking button.
EBB = ELk Buff Bars
11-15-07, 10:36 AM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Oooh and I just noticed last night that if you right-click the bar in EBB that shows what you're tracking it will pull up the new tracking menu.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-15-07, 11:09 AM   #10
Jadeth
A Murloc Raider
In high lag areas, you may want to just close the minimap until you get out of those areas, if these addons listed don't help that is.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Map questions