11-18-07, 08:18 AM   #1
Belette
A Murloc Raider
DUF problem ?

hello,
I searched through almost every thread which looked like tending to the same problem as mine, tried to reinstall wow, reinstall all the mazzle packages following the faqs and setup instructions carefully, making sure that everything i downloaded was up to date, and i still have quite some problems...
here is the bugsack report :
[2007/11/18 15:00:23-1-x1]: MazzleUI-1.1\MazzleUI_Utilities.lua:148: bad argument #1 to 'next' (table expected, got nil)

and here is a screen of my ui once i mazzify... (by the way, every time i tried a new mazzify, having removed WTF, AddOns, etc... i always get the same UI) :
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/9766/mazzlepbka3.png

I also tried looking into DUF to fix my problem, as some issues were explained in the forum (ex: loading a profile, etc...) i think i have tried everything possible which was told to do in the forum... (i use the 1.33 scale)
If someone could help me, i would really be greatefull...
11-18-07, 09:30 AM   #2
Glaaner
A Murloc Raider
have the same prob, need help.
11-18-07, 09:40 AM   #3
Xerik
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I have the same prob. Totally removed all add ons and put the original mazzle 1.11 addons back in (not using the wau this time) and then using the update from detard. Worked then once the mazzify was done some bars were not in the right place and i didnt have the 3d target bars.
11-18-07, 07:34 PM   #4
flashbios
A Murloc Raider
same problem, but different

Okay ... on One toon, I have the same strange unit frames as the screenshot above, but on another things are just the way they are supposed to be ... crazy, cause i have tried /rl a number of times and still have not got it fixed ...
11-19-07, 01:53 AM   #5
sgtsolidus1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
make sure your video settings and and mazzify ratio match up sometimes WoW resets all of your video options its been a common problem for everyone.
11-19-07, 02:10 AM   #6
Belette
A Murloc Raider
well, i have tried with almost every different settings available to make sure that i was doing it right, and it didn't change, so... im guessing the problem doesnt come from this issue... but if the unit frames are placed at the top, wouldn't that come from duf settings rather than the screen's ascpect ratio ? (the button layouts are well placed, so...)
thanks anyways, waiting for other ideas
11-19-07, 02:12 AM   #7
sgtsolidus1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

actually now that i actually look at your screen shot it looks like its your 3d models which are part of mazzle, not DUF. make sure you did the fix for them from one of the other threads.
11-19-07, 03:28 AM   #8
Belette
A Murloc Raider
i've just looked again at all the threads talking about 3D models, but i cant find the fix you are talking about, do you remember what the thread was, or what the fix looked like ? if the fix is downloading one of the latest patches, i've done that, already...
thanx for your answers
11-19-07, 10:56 AM   #9
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info7835.html

That contains most all of the fixes that have been discussed related to DUF, MazzleUI, etc... I also fixed a problem with gfxToggle2 related to M2PixelShaders that no one even has mentioned yet.
11-19-07, 11:00 AM   #10
Belette
A Murloc Raider
thank you for your answer, but i already have this patch, i had already downloaded all the latest patches and made sure everything was up to date, so i dont think the problem will be solved with this fix... do you have any other ideas ? :s
thanx again
11-19-07, 11:12 AM   #11
Banalina902
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Your default Blizz video setting MUST match your MazzleUI settings. So, use esc to bring up the ingame video settings and make sure that they are correct, restart game, then mazzlefy. The only thing is Blizz uses screen widths/heights, Mazzle uses aspect ratio so you'll need to work out the right Blizz setting to match the Mazzle ratio. If the Blizz setting you use doesn't match any of Mazzle's aspect ratios then you're sol.

Not sure if what you have will be fixed by this, but I just wanted to make it clear that both Blizz and Mazzle have to be kissing cousins on the aspect ratio thing.

Hmmm, since it's your autobar that's out in nowhere land, maybe your mazzlefying is not completing because you've updated autobar? You can't update autobar or something like your screenshot will happen. Anyone confirm this?
11-19-07, 11:14 AM   #12
Trevelyen
A Fallenroot Satyr

I actually got a warnnig after the patch that specificly said my video settings were changed to defaults, so this is completely plausible as far as i can tell, lol

--Trevelyen
11-19-07, 12:23 PM   #13
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
Everyone's video settings should have been reset to default actually - they changed a lot of things in the video settings dialog, renamed variables, etc. So resetting the video settings to defaults was their solution to make sure that there would be no compatibility problems with old and new settings.
11-19-07, 02:26 PM   #14
Belette
A Murloc Raider
well, during all my tries to get my UI working; for the video settings, i've changed them a couple of times, once juste before mazzifying, once after i had removed the wtf folder and before installing the add-on packs, another time after a clean setup (no AddOns folder neither WTF) but after puting the packs, ... well, i tried almost every possibility (even in 800x600)... for a 1024x768 screen, is there a specific setting in the blizzard video settings that i would have missed ? did anyone configure his UI with a screen like mine, and which settings did he put in blizzard ? (this way, the video settings question will be either usefull or put aside ) and for the autobars, i did not update them in any case, i did not update any addon that i used from the packs, i took them as they where given in the last updated fixs... I also loked through alot of threads in the forum, so i tried almost everything which looked like tending to the same problem as mine, with no result...
anyways, thank you all for your answers, and i hope i will soon be able to play using my cool mazzified UI
11-19-07, 09:31 PM   #15
sgtsolidus1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

just make sure that your video settings are how you want them then do a full mazzify and make sure that the right screen res is selected.
11-19-07, 11:55 PM   #16
flashbios
A Murloc Raider
Fixed but not so much ...

God I love this UI ... when it is working. I completely understand that it is a compilation of other people's work and that no one here is responsible for making it work. I am thankful to all of you who work SO hard to keep Mazzle alive and kicking. Please don't ever stop!!

here's a SSof my ui ... ignore healbot and omen.

The problem is, of course, unit frames. what is going on here? It should be noted that my raid frames are fine, but party/self is screwed. Help me please?!

Thanks in advance!

For the record, I have installed the 1.1 core and detard's fixes (3.5 and 4) after wiping my interface and wtf folders out completely (losing all my cartograppher herbing routes *cry*)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_112007_004639.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	1544  

Last edited by flashbios : 11-19-07 at 11:58 PM.
11-20-07, 01:58 AM   #17
mehmetkuc
A Defias Bandit
I found to solve this issue by copying dufunitframes.lua from a working character. Somehow the file I mentioned deleted after mazzifying any of the characters.

Hope that solves your problem too.
11-20-07, 06:21 AM   #18
Xerik
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
the problem ive noticed from every one is the target windows and 3d windows aren't working that well... Ive done the same thing... Ive gone through the forums and changed codings *with as vague as they were some times* and that fixed my bars, camera, DUF, but nothing ever relating to the 3d characters. My problem lies with the 3d characters. Its like they don't exist.other than that everything else works for me. I don't think its the video problems either.
11-20-07, 09:52 AM   #19
Banalina902
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Belette: Lets make sure that it's not the vid settings. What's your screen size? Measure it, post it, and we'll tell you which mazzle aspect you should be choosing.

Xerik: if you've patched together something from all the fixes posted here you could have mixed things up. I know I did, so that's why I dumped it all and used the 1.11 Core, add-on pack and fix file. Give that a try, follow the instructions on how to do it and let us know if you still have issues. The DUF problem you're having was fixed in the Mazzle/DeTard collaboration.
11-20-07, 12:33 PM   #20
flashbios
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by mehmetkuc
I found to solve this issue by copying dufunitframes.lua from a working character. Somehow the file I mentioned deleted after mazzifying any of the characters.

Hope that solves your problem too.
any chance someone could post this file who has it working?

I tried installing the "DUF_fix" file and got no better results, except that, I have a little white box in the middle and when i target someone/thing i now get the stuff that should be inthe bottom center of my screen. here's a ss to show what i mean...

Btw: screen res is 1048x760 and ratio is 1.33
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_112007_132738.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	1545  

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » DUF problem ?